Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

lets make patch notes: warriors

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » lets make patch notes: warriors 148 posts - page 12 of 15

Poll Question:

who do we balence after nemesis?
vamana
chaac
odin
herc
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 15, 2014 4:18am | Report
Eh, his old ultimate was a bit overpowered. We're talking about 787.5 base damage, only WAY easier to hit than Cavalry Charge, on top of the 112.5% contributions, on top of having the longest CC duration in the game*. Silenced for the 1 sec it takes for you to hit again, then stunned for 1.5 more seconds, for a total of 2.5 seconds of hard CC. Not to mention it gave him quite a speed boost as well as the CC immunity. It was basically Lawbringer and Storm Call and Shroud of Darkness all in one.

Seriously, this thing was overpowered.

*At the moment. Still, 2.5 seconds of hard CC is still really strong. Oh, and CC reduction wouldn't help much, since it reapplies CC throughout the duration. And even if you used beads, you couldn't do it on the entire thing, since the attack lasted...3 seconds? Not sure.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 15, 2014 4:57am | Report
Agree that CC on cavalry charge is too much. My idea is to make the mechanics of this ability more realistic like would happen with a real world horserider.

- Every one in the path of a charging horse would fall sideways left or right and stunned for 1 second.
- The god under his sword is crippled for 1s and slowed taking damage as per progression.
- presently When guanyu unmounts, the horse keeps on running(find it most funny). Make that horse deal damage to anybody who comes in his way even after hes unmounted.
- Make a percentage of his damage from cavalry charge convert into mana.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 15, 2014 5:47am | Report
I don't think realism should be a priority in a game with gods in it.

And if everyone in his path was stunned, it would be even more overpowered than it is now.

Seriously, let's not add weird gimmicks like gaining mana. The concept of the ultimate is fine, and the damage is fine, and the utility it gives is fine. Let's not fix what isn't broken, here.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 15, 2014 5:57am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Let's not fix what isn't broken, here.

This has been a famous punchline on smitefire. Perhaps except a handful of things, if any, nothing is broken in smite so what do we fix then!..
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 15, 2014 6:10am | Report
arka222 wrote:

This has been a famous punchline on smitefire. Perhaps except a handful of things, if any, nothing is broken in smite so what do we fix then!..

We fix things that need to be fixed. We shouldn't tinker with each and every aspect of the game. Especially if the subject is fairly balanced in the first place.

And Smite has a lot of issues. And there's a big one that no one has been talking about: Thanatos. Why don't you go do something about that.

So please, don't try to change every damn line of coding in the game to suit your expectations, because there is already enough **** to deal with here. If you are so desperate to make a set of balancing changes, try identifying the bigger fish.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 15, 2014 6:23am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

We fix things that need to be fixed. We shouldn't tinker with each and every aspect of the game. Especially if the subject is fairly balanced in the first place.

And Smite has a lot of issues. And there's a big one that no one has been talking about: Thanatos. Why don't you go do something about that.

So please, don't try to change every damn line of coding in the game to suit your expectations, because there is already enough **** to deal with here. If you are so desperate to make a set of balancing changes, try identifying the bigger fish.

Just bcz LMPN is a regular thread of this site and mostly editors initiate discussions we feel like being part of that discussion just out of respect for the thread and not as an obligation. I have no issues with Thanatos he's fairly balanced. So, that throws me out of the discussion. Its surprising how easily you fused out. I am only desperate to see zeus not banned everygame and an effective passive for vulcan.
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 15, 2014 6:28am | Report
Okay. I disagree with you about Thanatos, but if those are your problems, then discuss them.

Seriously. Go click the LMPN: Mages, and put down that you think Vulcan needs a new passive. Then offer your opinions. Simple as that.

Stop wasting time with discussing the realism of a war god leaping on a horse that came out of nowhere and then the horse vanishing as he jumps off.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 18, 2014 2:17pm | Report
Wow, I do not envy the guy who has to search through the dusty archives of this thread to find each and every suggestion for [INSERT GOD NAME HERE].

In fact, I kind of lost track where we are now. I think we're on Nemesis?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 18, 2014 2:32pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Wow, I do not envy the guy who has to search through the dusty archives of this thread to find each and every suggestion for [INSERT GOD NAME HERE].

In fact, I kind of lost track where we are now. I think we're on Nemesis?

we started on nemisis. we got to tyr then guan. who is left?
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 18, 2014 2:47pm | Report
Wukong, maybe Vamana. I think Slice and Dice needs to be useful again, because right now, it does terrible damage and a 7 second cooldown. Either make it so that the damage is in the sides and the slow is in the center, or just lower the slow further to 20/25/30/35/40%.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }