Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gods you want to play but just can't play right?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Gods you want to play but just can't play right? 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » May 11, 2018 8:17am | Report
Like the title says. I'm curious who are some gods you want to play but just can never seem to click with no matter how hard you try. For me it's Serqet. I'd love to play her well, but I can never do well with her. I either can't secure a kill or just die way too fast to be any help.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » May 11, 2018 8:45am | Report
Any assasin except for Bastet

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 11, 2018 8:58am | Report
Vulcan, Hades and Eset. Only played Eset once though and for Vulcan I might need to try instant cast on him. Hades im bad with in conquest.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 14, 2018 4:59pm | Report
Kriega, I think Eset would be plenty easy for you.

For me...just for functional purposes, I'd like to be able to play Agni well. I know his combos and whatnot, but can't execute well. Granted, I've never really put a lot of time into him.

Overall, I'd say it's stance switchers. Of all of them, I'm best with Hel, but in general...just not efficient with ability usage with them all.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 15, 2018 6:49am | Report
Erlang Shen is my weak. I like him, but I simply can't play well. Other Erlangs can do some damage and tank and survive pretty well but I can't. I don't even know how to level up his skills.

I'm pretty good with more complex god such as Hel but him I just can't do anything.

I would love an updated guide to him, but there is no one ;-;

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 15, 2018 8:05am | Report
Branmuffin17, you already saw my build on Agni so I just suggest you learn his combos, try him out on instant cast (with ground targeter on), and check these videos of him being played:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYhy7s6qJnY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maJXxzJpqXI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIXBShpw_Aw

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 15, 2018 10:04am | Report
The big adjustment is for me to get used to his combos (I know them, I know the 1-3 mobility, the 4-1 ult stun, the 2-1 close-in stun, etc., but I'm not comfortable executing the right combo under pressure). But the most effective use definitely sounds like instant cast, so I will try that.

I already have ground targeter on by default...but I often rely on triggering the setup part of the ability use (regular casting) for easier viewing, and wait for the right timing to use the ability.

Boogie and I were talking about this with regard to Odin a couple of days ago on his Lunge. Probably a good idea for me to get a lot more used to instant overall.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 15, 2018 10:38am | Report
Well you choose the combo based on the situation at hand. If you have an assassin chasing you, you can either 1,3 them to get away and run or 1,3 them to get further from them and then use your 1 or 4 depending on how close you are. If you find a mage/carry out of position then you can 1,4 2 and 4 again (depends on how many bombs you have). If you're playing on the defensive/playing far in the backline you can just use your 4 a few times instead, such as to apply Spear of the Magus, Divine Ruin, Gem of Isolation etc... in a wide area, which is great if you can hit multiple targets.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 15, 2018 10:49am | Report
Yeah, I get that...it's just using the combo properly...I'm very used to standard poke with 4-1.

But if someone is in close, my first instinct (as it would be with many gods) would be to use mobility to escape. But it's more efficient if I can incorporate the stun combo into that...so it's just a practice thing, and that's why I'm not currently comfortable with him.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » May 15, 2018 12:42pm | Report
****ing Camazotz

For some reason I just cant play him at all, and it frustrates me. Ive stopped trying.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }