Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 21 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » August 21, 2014 5:16am | Report
Desperately needs CC-Immunity or less wind-up time as a stun or silence will cancel the ability even if its inches from touching the ground.

I'm thinking a good buff for this would be to have it temporarily increase the hp5 of allies who have picked up the heart, and possibly the mp5 as well.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 21, 2014 6:21am | Report
I suggest a rework into what he should be good at: Ability burst and early game, on top of late-game utility.

NEW Passive: Share The Love: Cupid releases a shower of hearts every 5 basic attack hits, healing allies in an 55-foot radius. Healing: 20 (+3 x level) (+20% of your physical power).

Reasoning: He's still an ADC, and he'll still be autoattacking people. This provides him with manaless in-lane sustain on top of teamfight utility, and the ability to heal absolutely everyone, even if it ends up as 6.25% of his maximum health, adds up as a teamfight drags on. It provides utility, support, and an incentive to keep dealing damage during a fight; in short, exactly what an ADC should be doing. I suppose one could stack attack speed to make the most of this passive, but losing that amount of power on his highly-ability-focused kit will hurt, to say the least. Hopefully, this will cement his position as king of the laning phase once more.

Heart Bomb: This ability can now critically hit and applies on-hit effects. Damage reduced to 50/80/110/140/170 (+50% of your physical power). Cooldown reduced to 10/9/8/7/6 seconds. Mana cost reduced to 50/55/60/65/70 mana.

Flutter: This ability stuns for 1 second on detonation.

Reasoning: To avoid a more drastic rework as well as not giving him completely invincible of a laning phase, this ability will still have waveclear problems, but the shorter mana cost and cooldown should help. The on-hit effects and crits are to keep this ability from falling off late game, keeping him focused on his ability burst. It's also not a straight upgrade of Merc's Made You Look; you still have only 55 feet of range and you need to hit with a narrow skillshot first.

NEW ABILITY: Heavy Heart: Cupid fires a lead arrow, piercing minions and sticking into the first god hit and dealing 80/120/160/200/240 damage (+80% of your physical power). Gods hit are slowed by 25/30/35/40/45% for 2 seconds. Cooldown: 12 seconds, Range: Exactly like Heart Bomb.

Flutter: Enemies hit are rooted for 1 second, in addition to the slow.

Reasoning: This will be his harass skill due to its ability to pierce minions, as well as a source of immediate CC. There will also be an option to level this first, which would be an option, but you would trade faster waveclear for less ability burst.

Flutter: Steroid removed. Move speed bonus reworked; Cupid now flutters his wings after dashing, granting Cupid a 20% move speed bonus for 5/6/7/8/9 seconds. If Cupid uses an ability during this time, the ability is empowered and the speed buff is removed. Cooldown increased to 18 seconds.

Reasoning: With his new passive, Cupid needs a way to boost his abilities once more. This also prevents him from any spamming of his CC effects. Managing what ability to empower will also be a core part of his skill ceiling. And this will also grant him great mobility, as well as the option to dash offensively without completely screwing yourself over.

I'm not so sure about his ultimate. I'm tempted to leave it unchanged, but it'll need a Flutter effect.

Flutter: Enemies are stunned for 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 seconds.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 21, 2014 6:27am | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

Desperately needs CC-Immunity or less wind-up time as a stun or silence will cancel the ability even if its inches from touching the ground.

I'm thinking a good buff for this would be to have it temporarily increase the hp5 of allies who have picked up the heart, and possibly the mp5 as well.

Yeah, I agree with both, although the later solution doesn't really help its relative uselessness late game.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 21, 2014 6:28am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

How about his heart bomb goes through minions and only sticks on gods?

That...could work, but you would also lose the AoE detonation damage on the wave, on top of the enemy god moving away from the wave if hit to deny you farm. I guess it could do?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » August 21, 2014 10:01am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Wall of text

Wow Sub...

I was writing my rework ideas in word and I notice that its identical to yours.

Seriously passive heals and flutter empowers his next heart bomb was exactly what I had in mind as well. I do like your 2 better though (mine was just a boring attack speed steroid -_-).

Just give his ultimate a bit of CC immunity (like sasquatch said) and I support this kit 100% and will pray that Hi-rez at least integrate some of it when they (hopefully) tweak Cupid.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 21, 2014 11:57am | Report
Well that was quick...

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » August 21, 2014 2:28pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:
Spoiler: Click to view

This rework sounds great. I'd be 100% behind this as his official rework.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » August 21, 2014 6:42pm | Report
I also really like the rework idea. I think I would actually play cupid if he had those passive heals and whatnot.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 21, 2014 6:53pm | Report
As much as I want to do something different, this does seem like the best way. Does go well with other characters, and the fluter synergy to replace the passive is cool.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by riomhaire » August 21, 2014 7:13pm | Report
You know, if he had the heals (very heal. such manaless. so autoattack. wow.), the old two-ADC tactic could make a return, with Cupid playing the "support" ADC.
Because you needed some.

riomhaire

Notable (1)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }