Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 19 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 19, 2014 5:04am | Report

Make the hit radius on his one smaller at max level than it is now because a blind two year old could land this ability and finally nerf the steroid just a slight bit.

A lot of people have suggested nerfing his steroid.

I don't think nerfing the AoE of made of you look would do much other than reduce his AoE damage, which I never really had a problem with, as 15 feet radius really isn't too big. I'd prefer a nerf in the damage or the range of that ability, because seriously, HiRez needs to stop giving close-range champions the best long-range abilities in the game.

The range of his ability is capped at 75 feet. So no matter how big the circle is, it can only reach 75 feet. Which means at rank 1, the center of the circle can reach 70 feet, which the number is 60 at max rank.

I suggest, if we are going on this route, reducing the range to 60 feet. It'll still beat autoattack range.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 19, 2014 5:20am | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

The dash on his throw also allows him to dash through minions (which is ********) and the throw/toss itself allows him to hit them at least twice while they're in the air.

I did some experimenting, and I'm pretty sure the best he could so is press 2, 3 them against a wall, press 1, and then 2 autos, before they can move. I think that really is ridiculous.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 19, 2014 1:54pm | Report
To be honest I'd rather see his range on made you look lower too, or maybe I am being bias since I hate facing him. IDK, I just think its kind of BS that he can be 40 feet away from you and hit you with a crit and take half your hp away....

I mean he is a close range powerful god that can basically two shot you with that ability if it wasn't for it going on cooldown. I think it should probably be lessened in range too because it would make him more of a melee type of god which he is suppose to be anyways.

No more, oh I am going to snipe you from 40 feet away. At least it would take more skill, if you wanted to chase someone down 40 feet away you would have to use his dash to get closer then use the punch instead of just having the punch snipe you from far away.

Its almost impossible to miss that damn ability at max rank.
It can screw you over if you are a squishy god because you lose half hp before you even get into the fight and you can't really dodge it all that well, meanwhile you can't punish him because he is so far away.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 20, 2014 2:00am | Report
ICEN wrote:

To be honest I'd rather see his range on made you look lower too, or maybe I am being bias since I hate facing him. IDK, I just think its kind of BS that he can be 40 feet away from you and hit you with a crit and take half your hp away....

I mean he is a close range powerful god that can basically two shot you with that ability if it wasn't for it going on cooldown. I think it should probably be lessened in range too because it would make him more of a melee type of god which he is suppose to be anyways.

No more, oh I am going to snipe you from 40 feet away. At least it would take more skill, if you wanted to chase someone down 40 feet away you would have to use his dash to get closer then use the punch instead of just having the punch snipe you from far away.

Its almost impossible to miss that damn ability at max rank.
It can screw you over if you are a squishy god because you lose half hp before you even get into the fight and you can't really dodge it all that well, meanwhile you can't punish him because he is so far away.

I also agree.
Although Made You Look is also impossible to miss at rank 3 and 4...

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 20, 2014 4:04am | Report
Okay, looks like Merc is done. Wrapping this one up in 3 hours...hopefully...don't judge me.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 20, 2014 7:05am | Report
EDIT: here's my actual suggestion for how to rework him:

Spoiler: Click to view

There we have it, hope this is as balanced as I want it to be :P

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » August 20, 2014 7:16am | Report
can we get a summery on the OP for those of us who hate text wall surfing before close?

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 20, 2014 7:19am | Report
Mordo wrote:

can we get a summery on the OP for those of us who hate text wall surfing before close?

Jorden is in the U.S. He'll be back the 24th or 26th (can't remember exactly).

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » August 20, 2014 10:44am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Okay, looks like Merc is done. Wrapping this one up in 3 hours...hopefully...don't judge me.

Can we move on the Chaac then?... Please?

mlyn148

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 20, 2014 11:29am | Report
mlyn148 wrote:

Can we move on the Chaac then?... Please?

Really? We decided to change Chaac? Why lol

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }