Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Real Deal 384 posts - page 17 of 39
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 18, 2014 7:11am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Er... So we're giving him a stun and removing his UNIQUE THROW because a lot of assassin's have stuns? And then to think you guys cry about "waaa waa there's not enough uniqueness among gods of the same role waa waa"

It's like you're intentionally being as obtuse and obnoxious as possible.

Firstly, only 7/13 assassins have stuns, and only 5/13 have them in their basic kit. That is not "a lot."

Second, when did we ever say that we're throwing out his stun because there are a lot of stuns? Did you even see the thread, or the list of gods reviewed yet, or even the posts regarding Mercury?

Thirdly, if you're just here to mock us and whine like a small child, then you should just shut the **** up and leave. Reported. I am not in the mood to deal with your ********.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 18, 2014 7:13am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Well then we add a delay :P
Doesn't change the concept of the rework.

Okay. That could work.

I'm looking more for tweaks to the current thing than any reworks, because it's a lot easier to convince HiRez to tweak some numbers (like post-hit delays) than a complete rework and partial re-animation.

I think maybe adding 0.2 seconds to the post-hit delay, and maybe reducing the time to throw them to 0.75 seconds, would help.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » August 18, 2014 8:16am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

It's like you're intentionally being as obtuse and obnoxious as possible.

Firstly, only 7/13 assassins have stuns, and only 5/13 have them in their basic kit. That is not "a lot."

Second, when did we ever say that we're throwing out his stun because there are a lot of stuns? Did you even see the thread, or the list of gods reviewed yet, or even the posts regarding Mercury?

Thirdly, if you're just here to mock us and whine like a small child, then you should just shut the **** up and leave. Reported. I am not in the mood to deal with your ********.

That's interesting, considering it was PENTA who originally said that a lot of assassins have stuns (quote: " I looked at other assassins and a lot of them have stuns"), so I was using his reasoning because I was QUOTING his reasoning.

Yes, please do report me, for "whining", because **** opposing points of views?

I was simply questioning why we were considering removing his throw, while I remember a couple weeks ago I was hearing a lot of complaining about how there's no uniqueness among gods.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 18, 2014 8:55am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

That's interesting, considering it was PENTA who originally said that a lot of assassins have stuns (quote: " I looked at other assassins and a lot of them have stuns"), so I was using his reasoning because I was QUOTING his reasoning.

Yes, please do report me, for "whining", because **** opposing points of views?

I was simply questioning why we were considering removing his throw, while I remember a couple weeks ago I was hearing a lot of complaining about how there's no uniqueness among gods.

Actual quote: "It's very hard to nerf this one, so I suggest making it a stun. I looked at other assassins and a lot of them have stuns."

He's not changing it because there are TOO MUCH stuns, he's changing it TO a regular stun BECAUSE other assassins have stuns.

**** calling EVERY PERSON HERE a whining baby.

Actual Quote: "And then to think you guys cry about "waaa waa there's not enough uniqueness among gods of the same role waa waa""

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 18, 2014 8:59am | Report
oh my ****ing god can you 2 stop wanting to strangle eachother?!

its really ****ing annoying how you 2 just go an ingage into a name calling contest when you 2 get into a heated argument. ARGUE LIKE YOU ARE ADULTS! even if you're not actual adults do it for the sake of all of us.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 18, 2014 9:04am | Report
ok, seriously, both of you calm down. Sub, Penta did say that, and it certainly can be taken like it was, so please calm down. Dac, if your just going to whine and give no input, gtfo. If you going to, you know, ACTUALLY help and suggest something OTHER than the change, then please by all means do so.

Back on topic here, I agree that the throw should be left how it is, since it reinforces his "Risk\Reward" style of play, but that it should have the same limitations as stalk prey, and I think that the rest of his kit should give him risk\reward, since both Special Delivery and Sonic Boom do so.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » August 18, 2014 9:05am | Report
And preferably do it over Private Messaging so that the thread doesn't become even more cluttered.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » August 18, 2014 12:47pm | Report

Back on topic here, I agree that the throw should be left how it is, since it reinforces his "Risk\Reward" style of play, but that it should have the same limitations as stalk prey, and I think that the rest of his kit should give him risk\reward, since both Special Delivery and Sonic Boom do so.

^I like most of this idea. Alter a slight bit of his disorient ability like the time he has to punch you while you're tossed up into the air (make it where he has a delay after casting or something - I think someone said that already though-), and how well it travels through minions ( I don't think it should straight up disorient the first minion you see but maybe add a condition where if it goes through minions it does less damage and doesn't knock the enemy god up into the air, it just does the whole spin thing for a moment and the bit of damage).

Make the hit radius on his one smaller at max level than it is now because a blind two year old could land this ability and finally nerf the steroid just a slight bit.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 18, 2014 2:22pm | Report
We could also make the range he throws people away scale?
First rank it barely throws them, second a bit more etc etc.

Or a very simple solution: Make it so that he keeps spinning 180 degrees more. He'll have to turn around which gives the god who was thrown more time to react (or escape).

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 18, 2014 3:41pm | Report
mercs one needs a reduced radius.

his 2 is pretty fine could be a little bit lower if needed

on his 3 I agree on the minion thing he needs to be slowed down or grab a minion when he hits one.

his ult is fine as it is IMO

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }