Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang God Reveal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ao Kuang God Reveal 62 posts - page 3 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 18, 2014 3:51am | Report
All4Games wrote:

Greenevers about that "time spend making them" you know that A: you have no idea how long the developmemt cycle is. With a god like ullr who is lazyness at it's finest they have proven that they make god(s) in a rush.

Play testing is insulting to you? So them testing outt if a god functions (and if they tested more also balenced) is insulting to you? Them making sure a noce smelling piece of **** instead of a stinking on is insulting to you? That is some excuse making right there.

If they play tested gods like nemesis more then they wouldn't be OP at release and wouldn't need day on hotfix nerfs.
They are making a moba... You know that hyper competitve pvp game where you play as character that you need to learn how to use.
Well a god reveal is the perfect place to start lesson one.

Your excuse is because it's hirez it's okay. You made an excuse for something you know can be done better but because it's hirez it's okay...

I heavily disagree that Ullr was rushed simply because he's simple. But that's a different topic.

You completely misread and misunderstood everything Green said about play testing. He said it's insulting to assume they don't play test at all.

Buuuuuuut I digress
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 18, 2014 3:52am | Report
@ PJ.
I would rather see every god in lane then any in the jungle so go right ahead.

@Ryan. He is a buch of skills from other kits smacked together to make a dead line. The arguement "i disagree with him being simpel because he is rushed" would have made more sence and i would have agreed with you, but he is rushed and kelly admited to that...
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » November 18, 2014 4:27am | Report
The thing I don't understand about Hi-Rez is: how could the developers of Infinite Crisis have less experience and a smaller budget than Hi-Rez devs, and yet IC can constantly bring balanced champs to the game and make more informative champ reveals than Hi Rez. Maybe they got their champ reveal ideas from Riot, but at least they realize that's what the players expect.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » November 18, 2014 4:41am | Report
Wow! He looks amazing. They...tried too hard on them mighty storm bit though.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » November 18, 2014 5:01am | Report
Aphnex wrote:

Wow! He looks amazing. They...tried too hard on them mighty storm bit though.

Agreed.

Unless he turns out to be insanely OP or UP (*cough* Nox*cough*), I might finally get a good reason to re-install Smite again.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » November 18, 2014 6:59am | Report
Yepyep.

Looking forwar to playing him.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 18, 2014 10:45am | Report
All4Games wrote:

Greenevers about that "time spend making them" you know that A: you have no idea how long the developmemt cycle is. With a god like ullr who is lazyness at it's finest they have proven that they make god(s) in a rush.

Play testing is insulting to you? So them testing outt if a god functions (and if they tested more also balenced) is insulting to you? Them making sure a noce smelling piece of **** instead of a stinking on is insulting to you? That is some excuse making right there.

If they play tested gods like nemesis more then they wouldn't be OP at release and wouldn't need day on hotfix nerfs.
They are making a moba... You know that hyper competitve pvp game where you play as character that you need to learn how to use.
Well a god reveal is the perfect place to start lesson one.

Your excuse is because it's hirez it's okay. You made an excuse for something you know can be done better but because it's hirez it's okay...

Well as HFB said, it's around 3 months as Hi-Rez Todd said in that interview. Yes, you misunderstood me. Assuming they "barely" test the gods is insulting (you didn't say that, sumbudy else). And Aedar, Smite isn't the only moba I've played. I haven't played other mobas to the same extent as Smite but I have played my fair share of other mobas not including League or Dawngate

Guys, I'm not making excuses. HFB is right, fighting scenarios may be lacking. But a god reveal is to simply reveal the god's kit... Mainly the animations. It's like a skin reveal. Short and to the point. The recent videos called "Know Your Enemy" give a more in-depth classification and use of each god. Let me reiterate:

Champion spotlight =/= God reveal

I don't think Know Your Enemy doesn't have everything the Champion Spotlight has and vice versa. That's alright. We don't have the champion reveals (text) at all. So it's not like they're doing anything wrong just that you guys can suggest to add something.

I don't think Ao Kuang needs Telkhines Ring or even Hastened Fatalis. I think pretty much a glass cannon mage build works on him replacing a Gem of Isolation or ability based item with Demonic Grip. It's that his attack chain is so fast he doesnt' really need a Hastened Fatalis and can benefit more from sheer power so his dragons hit harder. That's what I think at least.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 18, 2014 11:10am | Report
Welcome to SmiteFire!

Rules: Any praise of smite is prohibited.

Nothing from Smite is good unless it is compared to every other moba in existence.

Liking Smite makes you an idiot.

Daring to question any game that is not Smite is heresy.

Daring to like Smite is heresy.

Keep any fun to the off topic section.

Keep all useful discussion to the off topic section.

If Greenevers makes a post, hate on him.

If SubZero makes a post don't question him no matter how flawed his logic and how great his arrogance.

Any questioning of Sub makes you a heretic.

Members of Smitefire who play Smite are not considered true members.

Please keep the General Discussion section plagued with hatred.

That's all! Enjoy your stay.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 18, 2014 11:33am | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

Welcome to SmiteFire!

Rules: Any praise of smite is prohibited.

Nothing from Smite is good unless it is compared to every other moba in existence.

Liking Smite makes you an idiot.

Daring to question any game that is not Smite is heresy.

Daring to like Smite is heresy.

Keep any fun to the off topic section.

Keep all useful discussion to the off topic section.

If Greenevers makes a post, hate on him.

If SubZero makes a post don't question him no matter how flawed his logic and how great his arrogance.

Any questioning of Sub makes you a heretic.

Members of Smitefire who play Smite are not considered true members.

Please keep the General Discussion section plagued with hatred.

That's all! Enjoy your stay.

ignore everything this desert said.

effectively he is a hypocrit because those who critisized smite effectively will end up getting prosicuted for the fact that they dont think smite is a perfect game.

so his first rule is effectivly turned around, any critisism on smite is prohibited according to him, daring to dislike smite is against the smite religion, disliking smite means you have a god complex (according to the deserts butt buddy), greenevers can end up being blind to surten things but isn't a complete idiot (which the desert thinks that that is what we think of him).

everyone is welcome as far as I believe, Sub is a guy who started to harsly critisize smite and has in recents events been called some nasty stuff by surten members of this site. he ridicouls people if their statements are dumb and have badly defended arguemtns, he would ridicule them and then completely debunked their arguments.

like i said, everyone is welcome, if you dont have a back bown, if you dont have a some skin to take a hit, if you are easily butt hurt, if your arguments and opinions getting questioned gets you pissed and you think snarky comments like the desert makes dont immidiatly back fire then... well who am i to stop you any way?
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » November 18, 2014 1:11pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

ignore everything this desert said.

effectively he is a hypocrit because those who critisized smite effectively will end up getting prosicuted for the fact that they dont think smite is a perfect game.

so his first rule is effectivly turned around, any critisism on smite is prohibited according to him, daring to dislike smite is against the smite religion, disliking smite means you have a god complex (according to the deserts butt buddy), greenevers can end up being blind to surten things but isn't a complete idiot (which the desert thinks that that is what we think of him).

everyone is welcome as far as I believe, Sub is a guy who started to harsly critisize smite and has in recents events been called some nasty stuff by surten members of this site. he ridicouls people if their statements are dumb and have badly defended arguemtns, he would ridicule them and then completely debunked their arguments.

like i said, everyone is welcome, if you dont have a back bown, if you dont have a some skin to take a hit, if you are easily butt hurt, if your arguments and opinions getting questioned gets you pissed and you think snarky comments like the desert makes dont immidiatly back fire then... well who am i to stop you any way?

The problem is not that people argue about Smite being bad or unoriginal. Or even that people compare Smite to other MOBA's.
The problem is how you argue. Let's have an example:

I say that Smite is bad because it looks like DOTA blablabla
Greenvers says it's good because of some kind of stupid reason.
Now here's the problem: I respond saying he's a stupid idiot for thinking that blablabla.
Now Greenevers is offended and starts insulting me blablabla

This is how most 'discussions' have been going these past weeks, when I could've just left the "You're a stupid idiot" part out. You can also just say why it's a stupid statement, instead of insulting someone.

I do agree that Puddings post was rather unnecessary.
Sorry for the off-topic post mods, won't happen again ;)
I hope I didn't insult anyone ^^

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }