Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang God Reveal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ao Kuang God Reveal 62 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 17, 2014 7:53pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

I think a lot of you misunderstand the point of these god reveals. They're not supposed to be a spotlight showing you in depth of how to play the god and everything. I appreciate what League does, it's a pretty intensive spotlight for each champion. However the primary purpose for these god reveals as I see it is to simply present the god out to the public. Yes, there are "gameplay scenarios" and "skill orderings" but it's mostly just for hype. I think I've even seen bad skill ordering in one of the god reveals.

While it would be nice for Hi-Rez to implement something similar to that of the champion spotlight, this is simply to present the god.

Also, I'm quuuite positive the devs don't barely play a god before the release. That's kinda insulting to the amount of time spent into making them. They may just use clips from one game but who cares? They don't want to show all the different scenarios but how the god flows! Also, Ao was released in China first. This should've helped balance issues and smaller bugs that weren't found during testing.

All I see here are excuses for the purpose of vindicating HiRez's persistence to consistently be below the industry standard.

HiFromBuddha, Raventhor, All4Games, Subzero008, and I, and others, have played multiple MOBAs and have seen many, many god/champion/hero reveals. Don't act like you know better than us, on the subject of what a god reveal should be.

>=/

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 17, 2014 8:14pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

I think a lot of you misunderstand the point of these god reveals. They're not supposed to be a spotlight showing you in depth of how to play the god and everything. I appreciate what League does, it's a pretty intensive spotlight for each champion. However the primary purpose for these god reveals as I see it is to simply present the god out to the public. Yes, there are "gameplay scenarios" and "skill orderings" but it's mostly just for hype. I think I've even seen bad skill ordering in one of the god reveals.

While it would be nice for Hi-Rez to implement something similar to that of the champion spotlight, this is simply to present the god.

Also, I'm quuuite positive the devs don't barely play a god before the release. That's kinda insulting to the amount of time spent into making them. They may just use clips from one game but who cares? They don't want to show all the different scenarios but how the god flows! Also, Ao was released in China first. This should've helped balance issues and smaller bugs that weren't found during testing.

If I see the words "Fighting Scenario", then I would like to assume they would teach us what to do in certain fighting scenarios.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 17, 2014 11:41pm | Report
Greenevers about that "time spend making them" you know that A: you have no idea how long the developmemt cycle is. With a god like ullr who is lazyness at it's finest they have proven that they make god(s) in a rush.

Play testing is insulting to you? So them testing outt if a god functions (and if they tested more also balenced) is insulting to you? Them making sure a noce smelling piece of **** instead of a stinking on is insulting to you? That is some excuse making right there.

If they play tested gods like nemesis more then they wouldn't be OP at release and wouldn't need day on hotfix nerfs.
They are making a moba... You know that hyper competitve pvp game where you play as character that you need to learn how to use.
Well a god reveal is the perfect place to start lesson one.

Your excuse is because it's hirez it's okay. You made an excuse for something you know can be done better but because it's hirez it's okay...
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 18, 2014 12:54am | Report
Well, to draw the League comparison again...

In an interview, it was said that a god in Smite takes three months to make.

In League, they go for a minimum of nine months. BARE minimum, with many going for a year in development, playtesting and reiterations. Azir, the most recent champion, was two years in the making.

There's a clear difference in terms of care for a decently well balanced game to a game that's on the edge in terms of whether the game functions competitively or not.

Every kit in Smite feels like a first iteration. Even if it doesn't work, they try to force the kit on to the God. It doesn't feel like the gods are crafted with the same care as they are in other games.

I understand that assuming a God has very little playtesting based on the fact that in a video they use clips from one game is ignorant, but three months is too short of a development time in order to create something that is good for a game. With the power creep on the rise, Smite is slowly getting out of hand.

Still fun as hell though (why I still play).
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PJsutnop » November 18, 2014 1:09am | Report
Anyone on the pts that have tried Telkhines Ring on Au kuang? Just had a thought of it maybe working with his good attackspeed and the fact that his dragons work as basic atttacks.

PJsutnop

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » November 18, 2014 1:26am | Report
PJsutnop wrote:

Anyone on the pts that have tried Telkhines Ring on Au kuang? Just had a thought of it maybe working with his good attackspeed and the fact that his dragons work as basic atttacks.

Sorry. We don't converse about the gods here. We just review how they compare to LoL champions.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 18, 2014 1:48am | Report
Congrats session you won this threads award for most useless comment.

We choose your comment for 2 reasons, it didn't bring anything to the discussion and because your statement has been debunked on multiple occasions.

@PJ. I don't telkines ring will be worth on him since he is designed to jungle and not to lane and items like telkines are nichepicks if you want a little defense to dual in your lane but ao isn't a laner. But i could be wrong and maybe it is worth but that will require some testing.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 18, 2014 1:57am | Report
Deathsession wrote:

Sorry. We don't converse about the gods here. We just review how they compare to LoL champions.

Question is, is there any issue with comparing them? How does Smite expect to be the best if we don't compare it with competing games?
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 18, 2014 2:20am | Report
Deathsession wrote:

This is why people hate SF.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PJsutnop » November 18, 2014 3:22am | Report
All4Games wrote:

Congrats session you won this threads award for most useless comment.

We choose your comment for 2 reasons, it didn't bring anything to the discussion and because your statement has been debunked on multiple occasions.

@PJ. I don't telkines ring will be worth on him since he is designed to jungle and not to lane and items like telkines are nichepicks if you want a little defense to dual in your lane but ao isn't a laner. But i could be wrong and maybe it is worth but that will require some testing.

Hmm ok, I kinda want to try him in lane just to see. I mean we've seen gods designed for a certain role being used elsewhere with great succues so always worth a try

PJsutnop

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }