Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang God Reveal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ao Kuang God Reveal 62 posts - page 5 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 19, 2014 10:58am | Report
Well, not as much as she used to be :/. But yes, she's definitely not low tier.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 19, 2014 11:44am | Report
I think it's because of how Scylla's weaker than Janus is virtually every area. Being completely outlcassed in:

CC: Scylla has a 30% AoE-tied Slow and a 2.25 sec small AoE cripple/root, both of which are delayed. Janus has a ???-second Banish that isn't a skillshot that hits instantly on top of 40% 3 sec AoE slow + speed buff that also hits instantly. Janus wins.

Damage: Scylla gets 80 bonus magical power and has 260% scalings across her kit. Janus has 210% + 60% from his 3 + 25% from his passive, for a total of 295% - even more of he procs his passive repeatedly, reaching 320% if he procs it only twice, and EVEN MORE if he can get a good snipe. This single skillshot hardly makes him "unreliable," as even without it, he still demolishes people with his 245-270% scalings, and with a good snipe, he brings it up to a ridiculous 470% scalings on his kit. Janus wins.

Basic Kit: Aside from ultimates, Janus has a massive 145% of magical power nuke in his two. Scylla has to pop all of her basic damaging abilities to do 140%, while Janus still has his Portal and Threshold. Janus wins.

Ult: Scylla has more burst damage and potential for a reset. Janus has an unlimited-range teleport plus nuke plus snipe, that increases to 200% scaling with distance. Tie.

Early Game Presence: Janus can rotate to any lane by level five, and can clear the waves easily with his 2. Scylla struggles to clear the wave or have any sort of game presence by level 9. Janus wins.

Mobility: Scylla has a blink. Janus has a longer blink, and a global rotation ult. Janus wins.

Reliability: Janus has unavoidable CC and damage that can't be bodyblocked, but an ultimate that needs CC or skillz to hit. Scylla has a delayed nuke and a skillshot root, and an equally unreliable ultimate. Janus ties with the ult but wins with basic kit.

AoE: Scylla has a massively wide slow/nuke and a fairly wide ultimate and a 3 person root with a tiny radius, but Janus has bigger AoEs on his ult and his 2, and his portal can hit up to unlimited targets with a slightly bigger radius.

Utility: Scylla has MR shred and vision. Janus gets a ******** portal. And longer range. They might tie.

The only things that Scylla has is more magical power, innate MR shred, and a reset ultimate. The MP is worthless since Polynomicon is worthless, making Janus's passive superior. Innate MR shred is also weak since Scylla doesn't worth well with Spear of the Magus, and ends up as a drop in the bucket since every mage gets Obsidian Shard regardless. The ultimate is the only real tactical advantage that Scylla has, but Janus has so much more things over Scylla that he's almost strictly better than Scylla.

She's not low tier, at least in MOBA terms. But the best analogy I have are Pokemon tiers - Scylla would be like Arcanine versus Entei. Arcanine does have a niche, but Entei is still picked 99% of the time over Arcanine due to a better movepool and stats in literally every single stat, making it better in every role except for Atk tank. Arcanine is RU, Entei is UU, making the former low tier, in Pokemon terms.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 19, 2014 12:05pm | Report
Fair assessment, I've always looked at Scylla's strengths as a high tier god, but never as one that was a lesser form of someone else. Like by all arguments she IS very strong, but I never compared her to Janus and saw his simple upgrade of her kit. Her 1-2 is just the same as his 1-2, but his 1 is easier to hit. While her ult is easier to land, it doesn't make up for her lack of consistency and less comparative strength otherwise.

Maybe it's time to really pick up Janus, I've only neglected because I don't like how narrow his abilities are, and his playstyle, and I've always been solid with Scylla, but seeing them explicitly compared intrigues me on him.

Sidenote, welcome back :)

Sidenote 2, now that you're back, AK thoughts since we're so off-topic?
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » November 19, 2014 12:05pm | Report
I love both Scylla and Janus, but Janus is just OP. He can do most of the things better then Scylla. Just what Sub said. His utility is insane, he can speed up his own team, he can teleport his team from base to gf/fg.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 19, 2014 12:34pm | Report
Nice synopsis Sub.

Yeah, Janus is a huge asset to objective steals. Taking the whole team in and/or getting your team out.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 20, 2014 9:41am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I think it's because of how Scylla's weaker than Janus is virtually every area. Being completely outlcassed in:

CC: Scylla has a 30% AoE-tied Slow and a 2.25 sec small AoE cripple/root, both of which are delayed. Janus has a ???-second Banish that isn't a skillshot that hits instantly on top of 40% 3 sec AoE slow + speed buff that also hits instantly. Janus wins.

Damage: Scylla gets 80 bonus magical power and has 260% scalings across her kit. Janus has 210% + 60% from his 3 + 25% from his passive, for a total of 295% - even more of he procs his passive repeatedly, reaching 320% if he procs it only twice, and EVEN MORE if he can get a good snipe. This single skillshot hardly makes him "unreliable," as even without it, he still demolishes people with his 245-270% scalings, and with a good snipe, he brings it up to a ridiculous 470% scalings on his kit. Janus wins.

Basic Kit: Aside from ultimates, Janus has a massive 145% of magical power nuke in his two. Scylla has to pop all of her basic damaging abilities to do 140%, while Janus still has his Portal and Threshold. Janus wins.

Ult: Scylla has more burst damage and potential for a reset. Janus has an unlimited-range teleport plus nuke plus snipe, that increases to 200% scaling with distance. Tie.

Early Game Presence: Janus can rotate to any lane by level five, and can clear the waves easily with his 2. Scylla struggles to clear the wave or have any sort of game presence by level 9. Janus wins.

Mobility: Scylla has a blink. Janus has a longer blink, and a global rotation ult. Janus wins.

Reliability: Janus has unavoidable CC and damage that can't be bodyblocked, but an ultimate that needs CC or skillz to hit. Scylla has a delayed nuke and a skillshot root, and an equally unreliable ultimate. Janus ties with the ult but wins with basic kit.

AoE: Scylla has a massively wide slow/nuke and a fairly wide ultimate and a 3 person root with a tiny radius, but Janus has bigger AoEs on his ult and his 2, and his portal can hit up to unlimited targets with a slightly bigger radius.

Utility: Scylla has MR shred and vision. Janus gets a ******** portal. And longer range. They might tie.

The only things that Scylla has is more magical power, innate MR shred, and a reset ultimate. The MP is worthless since Polynomicon is worthless, making Janus's passive superior. Innate MR shred is also weak since Scylla doesn't worth well with Spear of the Magus, and ends up as a drop in the bucket since every mage gets Obsidian Shard regardless. The ultimate is the only real tactical advantage that Scylla has, but Janus has so much more things over Scylla that he's almost strictly better than Scylla.

She's not low tier, at least in MOBA terms. But the best analogy I have are Pokemon tiers - Scylla would be like Arcanine versus Entei. Arcanine does have a niche, but Entei is still picked 99% of the time over Arcanine due to a better movepool and stats in literally every single stat, making it better in every role except for Atk tank. Arcanine is RU, Entei is UU, making the former low tier, in Pokemon terms.

^ This is why I believe Janus is too strong.

While Scylla is still hugely powerful and has certain strengths over Janus but he just outclasses every burst mage due to his insane mobility and ridonculous damage on his 2. I feel the best way to attack him is to rework his ult into a slightly more damaging global snipe, so that way he doesn't get quite as crazy mobility.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 22, 2014 4:53am | Report
Just going back to earlier conversation, listen to this:

If Smite does a 'god/champ reveal type thingy' that ISN'T what League of Legends does, then it's 'bad' 'below the industry standards' and anyone who tries to stand up for it is just 'sticking up for Hi-Rez'

If Smite WERE to do a god reveal that followed League of Legends, then there would be complaints that Smite is copying off of League of Legends.

You can say that's now how it would go down at all, but that's ********, cause when there was a slight chance that in the Arachne rework, her ult was slightly and possibly similar to Elise's Rappel, there was a whole *****torm about it. And trust me, the LoL players on this here Smite forum have flipped out numerous times about "copying" from LoL.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 22, 2014 5:30am | Report
they shouldn't copy it with out any form of change's, if they make change's for the better i would be fine with them copying.

smite should improve their god reveals by LOOKING at how league does it, multiple scenario's that go in depth on what the character does, smite doesn't do this often and when they try to it often falls flat on it's face.

they could improve by stopping with wiki article that they call "lore" to make more time for this.

if they blatently rip off stuff from lol with no changes i will blow the horn of Jörgen *****tormcaller to send the armada, same in vise versa if League blately rips off smite or another game with no changes.

if they rip something off but change it for the better i'll call it out but i will also mention the better.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 22, 2014 5:41am | Report
Perhaps Smite doesn't want god reveals like Leagues'? Maybe Smite wants to have it's own thing?

Personally I enjoy how Smite doesn't spoonfeed you everything the god can do: You have the game, go figure it out yourself.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » November 22, 2014 5:48am | Report
All4Games and dacoqrs how about you two agree to disagree?

All4Games Wants more from God Reveals.

dacoqrs Is content with the way they are.

All4 you are not gonna convince him, so just drop it.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }