Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang God Reveal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ao Kuang God Reveal 62 posts - page 6 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 22, 2014 6:03am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Perhaps Smite doesn't want god reveals like Leagues'? Maybe Smite wants to have it's own thing?

Personally I enjoy how Smite doesn't spoonfeed you everything the god can do: You have the game, go figure it out yourself.

first of all league's doesn't spoon feed you. second of all i am saying that smite should make better god reveals, for that i personally recommand they look at how league does it, i don't care if they make it like leagues, like dota's, like HOTS, like any other or different from all the others as long as they make it better.

all i care about is that they make it better.

none of the reveals i mentioned spoon feed you how to play the character, they give good scenario's and draw clear lines in what a characters general goal is in multiple stage's of the game, they give you tips on how that is possible to achieve but there is never 1 way for those characters to achieve that goal.

i have been the person who has always said that a build can only get you so far and that your playstyle is what devines you as a good player, figuring out your playstyle with the new character is what you do in game, what they do in a god reveal is giving you all the neccesary info to let you craft your own playstyle with the character so you know what they atleast CAN'T do.

@levask i am not the kind of person who quickly says "you know what? **** it i stop." i would like to but i am just not that kind of person. i just argue untill the argument stops by intervention of other people, if the person i am arguing with stops or if i don't have the time to keep up with the arguement because of school stuff.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » November 22, 2014 6:12am | Report
All4Games wrote:

@levask i am not the kind of person who quickly says "you know what? **** it i stop." i would like to but i am just not that kind of person. i just argue untill the argument stops by intervention of other people, if the person i am arguing with stops or if i don't have the time to keep up with the arguement because of school stuff.

Well then, consider this my Official Intervention- Drop it, pal :)

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 22, 2014 6:33am | Report
hehe, Levask you haven't been here in a while so i understand you don't know what an intervention from other people at this point means, if dacoqrs reply's i will reply if i am able to, if he doesn't i will not say another word.

i have no reason to "drop it, the argument hasn't even been going on for that long.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » November 22, 2014 6:42am | Report
All4Games wrote:

all i care about is that they make it better.

What you define as "better" does not necessarily conform to Hi-Rez's, dacoqrs's, mine, or other player's "better".

What you think as better, we think as worse.
You think that the status quo is worse, we think it's better than the alternative.

Seriously, it's Hi-Rez's game. They CAN do however they want with it. That doesn't mean they should discount the player's opinion, though. Of course, if there's a lot of demand, they'll change it. But again, what you classify as "better", doesn't conform as their "better" and other players and Hi-Rez don't see a reason to conform to your "better".

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 22, 2014 7:19am | Report
if you want to argue about the defention of "better" we will be here untill next year and we will be the worlds biggest philosophers.

because better can be seen as what those who have knowledge over the subject come out with by merit of discussing what "better" is or what the people vote "better" is, the people will have a lot of people who know nothing or next to nothing about the subject but you will incorporate everyone. if you choose to follow those who have knoledge then you will get a realistic "better" but then you don't incoporate everyone which can possibly lead to choice's based on what would work for them personally better rather then for what works for everyone.

neither of the 2 is bad.

but right now we effectivly are the group with knowledge during discussion but without getting the say because Hirez is the effective "dictator"(roman defenition, not the modern one).

the "dictator" makes all the choices but those can be influenced by advisors which would be us.

" But again, what you classify as "better", doesn't conform as their "better" and other players and Hi-Rez don't see a reason to conform to your "better"."
you forget that the other players may also not know the what i see as "better" which would lead back to me saying the people have people that know nothing or next to nothing about the subject as is the same with "dictator" who may simply not know the "better", has simply not had the time to consider it or like you say doesn't see a reason to agree.

i personally just think that the reason they haven't tried to change or improve in any way on the god reveal because they dont know any "better" or because it's simply at the bottom of their to do list.

as for the part of it being worse.

me as well as many others have shared our arguments why the current version is worse, there is always a better version of everything so "the alternative" being worse doesn't hold water because there is always a better version possible as perfection can not be reached,

the point is not to say my version is the best or my option are the best, the point is there is a lot of ways it can be better that doens't conform to my version or your version but better then what is currently.

the current state is not the best, even in an improved version is not even the best because best is unachievable.

when i say all i care about is that they make it better then i am saying that i have my own opinions of how they should do that but also that i am happy if they just improve even if it doesn't fit how i saw it or if its some way i did not see, as long as they improve i end up happy along with many other people.

your version is not the best, my version is not the worst and in my opinion not worse then current which you can disagree with but will likely not end up changing mine in the process, your version is not the worst.

i ask for improvement, if that doesn't happen i would likely keep asking but in this case my feeling for if it doesnt happen would remain neutrall, i gave my ways of how it could be better and i haven't seen any one really debunk that my ways are better because my way is a proven method of doing it, if it doesn't go my way but changes happen that people see are better then i will also be happy.

effectivly there is no lose for me.

here is the thing, to me it seems like people think the current way is the best possible way it can be done even by people who i know aren't stupid here. the current one is not the perfect way because there are always better ways and i want people to realize that.

(dammit this is what i always do if i start talking about philosophy, i end up spending way to much time on the subject)

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 22, 2014 10:11am | Report
All4Games wrote:

they shouldn't copy it with out any form of change's, if they make change's for the better i would be fine with them copying.

smite should improve their god reveals by LOOKING at how league does it, multiple scenario's that go in depth on what the character does, smite doesn't do this often and when they try to it often falls flat on it's face.

they could improve by stopping with wiki article that they call "lore" to make more time for this.

if they blatently rip off stuff from lol with no changes i will blow the horn of Jörgen *****tormcaller to send the armada, same in vise versa if League blately rips off smite or another game with no changes.

if they rip something off but change it for the better i'll call it out but i will also mention the better.

If smite were to "rip off" something from league, it would end up different. Why?

THEY'RE DIFFERENT GAMES.

For example skillshots in league tend to be much stronger than those in Smite because Smite is entirely based around them. If you were to introduce Rengar's bola strike into smite it'd be stupidly op due to the 80% slow, because in smite it would have no downsides. They have different mechanics so the same ability will often work differently.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 22, 2014 10:27am | Report
Why has conversation moved back off Ao Kuang AGAIN?

Stop making this a LoL vs Smite thread, so many of those exist. Getting the last word in doesn't matter. Stop the petty squables and redirect conversation back to Ao Kuang, or go to the thread based on MOBA comparisons. Thanks.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 22, 2014 11:01am | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

If smite were to "rip off" something from league, it would end up different. Why?

THEY'RE DIFFERENT GAMES.

For example skillshots in league tend to be much stronger than those in Smite because Smite is entirely based around them. If you were to introduce Rengar's bola strike into smite it'd be stupidly op due to the 80% slow, because in smite it would have no downsides. They have different mechanics so the same ability will often work differently.

im saying that if they were to rip something off it SHOULD be changed in a few ways to not be a blatent rip off.

they're different games in the same genre which is why they are great to compare each other to.

i dont think you completely understood what i ment in my comment as yours does not really adress what i said, apologize for that.

@ryan, im not the one who came back to it, dacoqrs was the one who started to talk about it, i dont want VS threads either, i want threads where you can say "hey this would be really cool in this game if you change it in this and this way" or "i think this game should do it like this as this is the better way to do it for this and this reason" with out being attacked.

a VS thread is pointless. i do agree that this has derailed the thread and that there should be talk about AO rather then the way hirez handle's there reveal.

so okay i wont say another word if others do the same about the subject.

i dont care for the last word.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 22, 2014 11:47am | Report
Just make another thread listing the problems and what should be done specifically to the god reveals to make them better if lot of you feel so strongly for it :).

"On topic", ao is bae.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » November 22, 2014 6:06pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

"On topic", ao is bae.

Ao is love, Ao is life.

"A MIGHTY SWORD!!!!"

But seriously, he's ridiculously op if he can land his basics. Looking forward to play him..... once i get my hand on the favor required.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }