Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang God Reveal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ao Kuang God Reveal 62 posts - page 4 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 18, 2014 2:37pm | Report
You do know that sub is the only one who out right ridiculed people right? Neither Aedar, buddha, me or anyone else in that group do that... Yet we still get insulted... With in multiple occasions worse insults then "you're an idiot"... And then some how the desert tries to pin us as an evil cult...

Excuse me if that tires people out and get's them to snap back...
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 18, 2014 6:09pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

The problem is not that people argue about Smite being bad or unoriginal. Or even that people compare Smite to other MOBA's.
The problem is how you argue. Let's have an example:

I say that Smite is bad because it looks like DOTA blablabla
Greenvers says it's good because of some kind of stupid reason.
Now here's the problem: I respond saying he's a stupid idiot for thinking that blablabla.
Now Greenevers is offended and starts insulting me blablabla

This is how most 'discussions' have been going these past weeks, when I could've just left the "You're a stupid idiot" part out. You can also just say why it's a stupid statement, instead of insulting someone.

I do agree that Puddings post was rather unnecessary.
Sorry for the off-topic post mods, won't happen again ;)
I hope I didn't insult anyone ^^

Recently, it's been this.

Person: I don't like this Smite thing because blah blah.

Other Person: Your logic and arguments are flawed. I won't listen to you anymore because this is toxic. (Essentially a diplomatic version of calling someone stupid and to shut up.)

Another Person: Why are we arguing everyone be nice.

That's what happens. Instead of discussions, people accuse each other of being stupid or being toxic. No one explains themselves, except for the original poster.

We get people making tirades of "you're ignorant and don't understand," to paraphrase.

We then get people who quote the rant and say underneath, "this +1 rep."

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 18, 2014 6:15pm | Report
I need to say this to everyone who's irritated about how we criticize Smite, and who want some positivity in this site.

No one is pointing a gun to your head. If you have something to say about Smite, or an argument, or how Smite is doing this well, or something, then post. No one's stopping you.

Instead, we get people who keep typing things like "you're logic is flawed"; empty, pretentious phrases that sound smart while having no substance or argument.

This is the kind of environment that leads to toxicity. Instead of thoughtful discussion or even a calm consensus, we get things like "I agree with this +1 rep" or "You're being toxic." People begin to address the speaker instead of his speech.

So next time, you see one of us criticize something about Smite, ask yourself, do you agree? If not, say why. Don't make an oh-so-original pithy comment about how Smitefire is going down or how toxic everything is. Discussion is a two-way street. Reciprocate with a well-written argument or counterpoint of your own.

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 18, 2014 6:27pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Well as HFB said, it's around 3 months as Hi-Rez Todd said in that interview. Yes, you misunderstood me. Assuming they "barely" test the gods is insulting (you didn't say that, sumbudy else). And Aedar, Smite isn't the only moba I've played. I haven't played other mobas to the same extent as Smite but I have played my fair share of other mobas not including League or Dawngate

Guys, I'm not making excuses. HFB is right, fighting scenarios may be lacking. But a god reveal is to simply reveal the god's kit... Mainly the animations. It's like a skin reveal. Short and to the point. The recent videos called "Know Your Enemy" give a more in-depth classification and use of each god. Let me reiterate:

Champion spotlight =/= God reveal

I don't think Know Your Enemy doesn't have everything the Champion Spotlight has and vice versa. That's alright. We don't have the champion reveals (text) at all. So it's not like they're doing anything wrong just that you guys can suggest to add something.

I don't think Ao Kuang needs Telkhines Ring or even Hastened Fatalis. I think pretty much a glass cannon mage build works on him replacing a Gem of Isolation or ability based item with Demonic Grip. It's that his attack chain is so fast he doesnt' really need a Hastened Fatalis and can benefit more from sheer power so his dragons hit harder. That's what I think at least.

It doesn't matter if it's a God Reveal versus a Champion Spotlight. It still doesn't vindicate the subpar performance compared to everyone else.

Both are videos that show a new god/champion in action, to inform the players about it. Smite's God reveals do not go in-depth, or at least to anywhere near the degree of League's Champion Spotlights. In the end, Smite's video about a new god is still worse than most equivalents from other MOBAs.

As for the Know Your Enemy series, I'm in contempt of those paltry attempts at showing strengths and weaknesses. Look at their selections: Ares. Artemis. Scylla. All gods that are low-tier, gods that aren't picked for a reason. It's there to give the illusion of respectability and counterplay, while gods like Mercury and Geb run rampant.

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » November 18, 2014 6:46pm | Report
OH MY GOD THAT CAPTIONS IM DYING
random thanatos main has appeared
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 18, 2014 7:00pm | Report
Perhaps this might be lost with all the hustle and bustle, but the reason why we criticise Smite is because we want it to be good, and we want top point out what's lacking so it improves. We aren't just saying Smite is lacking, we're all saying Smite is lacking because X. Thats the difference between constructive criticism and baseless criticism, which most of you are seeming to perceive what we are saying is.

We compare Smite to LoL because LoL is currently doing something better, and we want Smite to be at that level.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 18, 2014 7:41pm | Report
Aeadar wrote:

As for the Know Your Enemy series, I'm in contempt of those paltry attempts at showing strengths and weaknesses. Look at their selections: Ares. Artemis. Scylla. All gods that are low-tier, gods that aren't picked for a reason. It's there to give the illusion of respectability and counterplay, while gods like Mercury and Geb run rampant.

Actually, there was never a video on Artemis and if you've noticed they're doing them in order, not the underpowered gods first on purpose. Guan Yu, Ra, Thor, Neith, and Ymir are all f2p. The others are being done as with the god rotation I assume? You can't completely ignore an argument because they haven't addressed the more popular gods yet. Nothing you said makes me believe the Know Your God videos aren't sufficient for your pleas of better god reveals.

Smite doesn't have a numerous amount of highly picked gods in the spl compared to the number of gods. A "Know Your Enemy" video once a week seems fine to me.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 19, 2014 6:39am | Report
Wait why is Scylla low tier again? I'm really interested to hear this after being bombarded on her release about her power creeping nonstop
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 19, 2014 6:53am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Wait why is Scylla low tier again? I'm really interested to hear this after being bombarded on her release about her power creeping nonstop

She's actually not low tier. The only problem with her is her damage output is significantly lower than most mages pre level 14. Other mages like janus and nu wa have slightly better advantages with janus' mobility and nu wa's damage before scylla gets to mid/late game. Also these two God's have global ults, global ults gud.

Sxylla can be a better pick than nu wa in certain team comps but janus surpasses her in almost every area.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 19, 2014 7:01am | Report
Only thing Janus doesn't is in reliability, but that's something pros overcome. I know she's not low tier by far, I was just really interested to hear why Aeadar thought she was. She's actually a common competitive pick.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }