Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thoth theoretical Spear of the Magus build and Pen overcap

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Thoth theoretical Spear of the Magus build and Pen overcap 13 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 8, 2017 4:14am | Report
Just out of interest, which gods make good use of Spear of the Magus other than Freya, Zhong Kui, Anubis, Kukulkan and Poseidon?

Edit: Ok, I found out Thoth's Glyph of Pain also applies Spear of the Magus' passive with Hieroglyphic Assault (and his 2 and 4) on enemies as if it was another ability (As well as the tower detail we mentioned earlier), causing each projectile that hits an enemy through the Glyph wall to apply two stacks, meaning Thoth will max the passive in one use of the ability if he hits all three projectiles (total of 6 applications but, only 5 is the max stacking amount).

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 8, 2017 10:18am | Report
Sometimes I like getting it for Bacchus if I've got an aggressive build and at least 1 or 2 other magical gods that can take advantage of Belch stacks. Not completely optimal for him, but it can work, especially in teamfight modes.

Ares is a must for Spear. Can work on Aphrodite, Hades and Nox too.

Really interesting on double-stacks when combining Glyph of Pain and Hieroglyphic Assault. Makes it fully capable of stacking...but still not optimal...but I don't think that's the point you're trying to make. You have to hit all 3, then at least for a short while, you're mostly down to basics except for the odd dash or ult. So, 2 other magical gods, 1 maybe being an aggressive Guardian and the other a basic attacker? Can work. But if I was Freya ADC, I'd absolutely want Spear for myself...just a pref, because of the synergy with Demonic Grip.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 8, 2017 10:28am | Report
What about both Obsidian Shard and Spear of the Magus in a build on Thoth? Or would that be awful? (Like worse than Shaman's Ring)

Hades isn't really good with Spear of the Magus due to his only tick damage being his ult. I can see it work ok on Nox and Aphrodite. Yeah Ares would do a lot of damage with Spear of the Magus, but Bacchus? thats a new one, wouldn't he benefit more from Void Stone, Soul Reaver or Pythagorem's Piece for damage?

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }