Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What games do you hate/dislike?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What games do you hate/dislike? 33 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 7, 2016 2:15am | Report
I already thought you meant the auto build system. I don't know how it changed but in my eyes it's bad. giving adc something like: boots (warrior as ninja gave cdr then)- Soul Eater or Asi-don't know the order after this but I know it also gave you Frostbound Hammer Deathbringer and at least a physical defensive item. oh and sprint and meditation (shiver) as actives (leaving them on lvl 1) an buying 1 hp pot every back

the thing it's useful for is having people focus on something else first. a problem is that some players will be lvl 30 and still be using it. and another problem is most people start to late with looking at items in depth.

the same count for auto skill lvling only a bit less (I actually recommend my friends to turn this one of from the start. makes them read a skill better and teaches skill lvling from the start)

Also GGK for me you are the typical Dota newbee: play the main tutorial hero only (for LoL this is Ashe as she is available in the 1st and the 2nd and most people pick her in the 2nd tutorial. for dota this is sniper as he is played in the last 2 tutorial missions)

Also prism I need to say you have a pretty fun champion pool there (also remove an r and change the t to a n and you have the right champion name)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 7, 2016 2:34am | Report
Honestly auto-level and auto-skill were really handy to me when I first started since I had no experience in the moba genre, they let me really focus on getting good at playing and then good at items and leveling. Especially since I started out in Conquest rather than Arena or Joust, so I was learning all of those mechanics as well. Even if the default items they give you are bad, everyone under 30 that's buying their own items is usually producing something much worse so they still serve their purpose.

You should be off of auto-buy/level by the time you're level 30, but seeing as not everyone learns as fast as others I'm not sure that applies to everyone.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 7, 2016 3:36am | Report
Zilby wrote:

everyone under 30 that's buying their own items is usually producing something much worse so they still serve their purpose.

the problem comes mostly with the existence of sites like SF and stuff people that do want to learn will copy a build that's pretty meta (sometimes slightly outdated) can easily win and this normally happens earlier. IMO after lvl 15-20 using autobuild isn't really going to do people much good.

This system is easy to remove a part of the learning process in the beginning ,but IMO just building the stuff the recommended page gives you does the same thing with a better effect. as it allows you to adapt a little bit (and you will look a bit at what items do).

however some big parts of the learning curve is learning all skills/gods and items. and these 2 actually influence (especially the items) other parts (they influence how a role plays so if you don't know the item part it's a bit harder to impossible to learn certain stuff)
therefore it's possible to let people stagnate in skill sooner.

and with certain people going into ranked ASAP the influx of I'm in Elo hell people increases (and the amount of experience players (that used auto build to long) need for ranked goes up in amount of games)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }