Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What games do you hate/dislike?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What games do you hate/dislike? 33 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 5, 2016 5:43pm | Report
Im sad how everyone hates that Dark Souls series including Bloodborne, but I can see why. After all I defeated Bloodborne, 3 times (man I had no life.)

Opinions on Final Fantasy X and X-2 Bran? Does were my personal favs (more so X-2 just cause of YRP)

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 5, 2016 6:27pm | Report
Bran, EVERYONE kept saying how " If you don't like the game at least try to do the 2 runs and you'll enjoy it cuz it's the best game ever like for reals blablablablabalbalbalablabla " So I did. Worst mistake of my life, not only it took longer, but it was EVEN. MORE. BORING.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 5, 2016 6:30pm | Report
I've played X on console (for a bit, but didn't get close to beating it). To be honest, that's another game I'm working to finish, as I got X/X-2 on my Vita. I've definitely enjoyed it, but the biggest thing I don't like having to monitor (in order to level up all characters) is switching out characters after they've made at least one action...it's tedious to have to do that in every fight...and I don't want to just level 3 or 4. I also wish I didn't choose the expert level mode, where their leveling paths are more open...probably should have chosen original. Other than that, it's been fun, but since the fighting is the centerpiece of the game, it's slowed me down some.

I do want to play X-2, but I refuse to play it before I finish X...so...guess I should just play it more. I'll see if I can do that on lunch breaks or something, and let you know my final thoughts.

I HATED VIII though...I liked the theme, but despised the magic system (just keep pulling it out of enemies until you have a ton gathered up...stupid, to me). IX was a masterpiece.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 5, 2016 7:28pm | Report
Honestly I played X-2 before X. Its a weird way to play it, but I feel like I wouldnt have liked it if I didnt do it that way.

Just the fact that I was missing something in the past made me love it more. The love story was better than most (that is if you actually know what the deal is with Tidus going to the future, and not "why", but "how") Yuna is my FAVORITE character of the bunch, and I have to admit I have a "thing" for independent people, including women.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Decepticonix » January 5, 2016 8:52pm | Report
Mass Effect 3:

Now the game was FUN! Don't get me wrong.. In fact, I get addicted to sci-fi action games quickly (Halo, Mass Effect, Transformers WFC kinda counts, etc.) It's just the ending to the Mass Effect 3 game that kinda confused me in a sort of way. Not only do I like SCI-Fi games, but I like games that your decisions affect the story (If you have any in mind, shoot and score).

That being said, when I first got Mass Effect 3, I was HOOKED. I kept playing that game as it got more interesting down the road, from turning backs on others, to making decisions that are tough to decide, to awesome gameplay mechanics, etc. The fact that I could control Shephard's destiny (protagonist btw) was a tough and scary ride that builds up suspense along the way. All up until the end.

I won't spoil it for others, but that ending basically has somewhat made an entire gap on the story itself. And the fact that the boss fight was VERY disappointing, made me felt like it was rushed. It was actually a bit bland, and there were major continuity issues because of that ending. It could've been a lot better developed imo.

Luckily, BioWare released a free DLC extended ending in which I didn't quite get to it yet (Talking about the ORIGINAL ending, not the EXTENDED DLC Ending), and this year marks the year that apparently, Mass Effect: Andromeda is to be released. e

NOW to be fair, I only have Mass Effect 3, not 1 & 2, because at first, I thought that 1 & 2 weren't really apart from the continuity, and that I DID get mixed up with ME4 (Mass Effect: Andromeda is to be set in an entirely different universe), but until I download the DLC, I honestly thought that they could've tweaked up the ending a bit, because even when you reach the 20 YD lines of the football field, you can't really give up, y'know?

Decepticonix

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 5, 2016 9:37pm | Report
Decepticonix wrote:

Mass Effect 3:

Now the game was FUN! Don't get me wrong.. In fact, I get addicted to sci-fi action games quickly (Halo, Mass Effect, Transformers WFC kinda counts, etc.) It's just the ending to the Mass Effect 3 game that kinda confused me in a sort of way. Not only do I like SCI-Fi games, but I like games that your decisions affect the story (If you have any in mind, shoot and score).

That being said, when I first got Mass Effect 3, I was HOOKED. I kept playing that game as it got more interesting down the road, from turning backs on others, to making decisions that are tough to decide, to awesome gameplay mechanics, etc. The fact that I could control Shephard's destiny (protagonist btw) was a tough and scary ride that builds up suspense along the way. All up until the end.

I won't spoil it for others, but that ending basically has somewhat made an entire gap on the story itself. And the fact that the boss fight was VERY disappointing, made me felt like it was rushed. It was actually a bit bland, and there were major continuity issues because of that ending. It could've been a lot better developed imo.

Luckily, BioWare released a free DLC extended ending in which I didn't quite get to it yet (Talking about the ORIGINAL ending, not the EXTENDED DLC Ending), and this year marks the year that apparently, Mass Effect: Andromeda is to be released. e

NOW to be fair, I only have Mass Effect 3, not 1 & 2, because at first, I thought that 1 & 2 weren't really apart from the continuity, and that I DID get mixed up with ME4 (Mass Effect: Andromeda is to be set in an entirely different universe), but until I download the DLC, I honestly thought that they could've tweaked up the ending a bit, because even when you reach the 20 YD lines of the football field, you can't really give up, y'know?

Hi. I played All of the Mass Effect Game for easily more then 600 if you cont the 3 of them. While indeed the end for ME3 looks "rushed", if you look at the Destruction ending ( Red Beam ending ), if you played the game full Paragon run ( Pretty sure it's paragon ) you can see that the character everyone thought was RIP after you decide what action you'll do at The Crucible, actually survived it, but no one went back to rescue him/her, so he/she was left to die. ME4: Andromeda, last time I checked, is the famous First Contact War againts the species from everyone's favorite Bromance romance option.

But yeah. <3
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 5, 2016 10:17pm | Report
@Bran, have you tried Bioshock infinite? I'm not a huge fan of the first game, but that installment had a really great storyline and much more exhilarating combat.

@Prism, if you don't like Undertale by the time you reach the first ending you're not going to start liking it. It does get better by the second ending, but that's on the assumption that you liked the first run as well, otherwise I'd imagine doing another run would just feel even more monotonous.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 5, 2016 11:43pm | Report
@Z, yeah, I have it. Didn't play more than 30 minutes though because the controls felt a lot like the first one...I don't know how to explain it well, but it felt sluggish...like...like...i was under water. Nyuk nyuk.

In contrast, games like TF2 and CSS have immediate movement feel...does that make sense?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 6, 2016 12:32am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

@Z, yeah, I have it. Didn't play more than 30 minutes though because the controls felt a lot like the first one...I don't know how to explain it well, but it felt sluggish...like...like...i was under water. Nyuk nyuk.

In contrast, games like TF2 and CSS have immediate movement feel...does that make sense?

Idk what CSS is but I know the feel for TF2, very flighty but quick. Bioshock definitely has a more rooted feel to its combat, but idk, there are tons of games that have very similar combat feel to that series. Admittedly I haven't played it in awhile so maybe I'm just remembering it wrong :P
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 6, 2016 1:04am | Report
@bran if you can get over the controls In biodhock infinite then it's well worth playing for the beautifully executed story.

The dlc story continuation is brilliant too, and the lobotomy scene... Still gives me chills...

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }