Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What games do you hate/dislike?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What games do you hate/dislike? 33 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 6, 2016 5:19am | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

LoL - I dont like the view from which you play, and it takes a while just to learn items and characters. I feel like I could get used to it, but that steep learning curve is steep.

don't take me wrong on this, but I don't really get how you did (apart from the view) get into SMITE. because the item and character part is standard for every moba. go to another moba and you have this problem. Same for someone going from LoL/Dota to smite

for me the games here come:
-shooters. I don't like them as you die within seconds and stuff I do like SP much from some of them (don't take our rushed CoD except the 1st games of them)
-sport games: they are like moba's the same but I cant play them as the gameplay doesn't changes like in a moba (every character plays difference sports games alck this)

-simulator games: I like them I love them depends on how annoying certain stuff is and introduction. football manager has a pretty vague tutorial etc so I dislike that one however ETS 2 is really fun

-rpg also a bit but mostly because I start over to much

probably some more genres i dont really like like visual novels (they don't always have a lot of action)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 6, 2016 8:39am | Report
Devampi...

There's a big difference betweem LoL items and SMITE items.

1st - Smite has a item section only for physicals and only for magicals, while LoL and Dota 2 have a "eff it everyone has the same items system ".

2nd - Smite gives you a "How to build" option on the main Select God screen. While other games forces you to eff yourself and find out on your own.

3rd - LoL and Dota 2 item trees are REALLY messed up, and newer players GET CONFUSED with that. I know I did and I still do, even being a level 16 on LoL.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » January 6, 2016 9:08am | Report
1) Fnaf. I Absolutely hate it. It is just so boring and it just stops getting scary after some time, So it just turns into an annoying strategy game with no point after you play it enough.

2) Cs:Go Well, In my country it is like the most popular game ever, Every Second guy plays it, You can't avoid it, And it gets annoying when everyone wants you to ****ing buy cs:go, And it's not even worth the hype.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 6, 2016 10:08am | Report
Ducks..

Fnaf = Youtuber's Money Bag

CS:GO = Youtuber's Money Bag

And that's the reason I don't play neither. Also I hate the toxicity from the CSGO community. ( Yes, I've spent ~1 year watching CS:GO until I noticed how bad it actually is... )
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » January 6, 2016 10:17am | Report

Ducks..

Fnaf = Youtuber's Money Bag

CS:GO = Youtuber's Money Bag

And that's the reason I don't play neither. Also I hate the toxicity from the CSGO community. ( Yes, I've spent ~1 year watching CS:GO until I noticed how bad it actually is... )

Agreed. Can't belive they got people that obsessed with it though...
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 6, 2016 11:24am | Report

Devampi...

There's a big difference betweem LoL items and SMITE items.

1st - Smite has a item section only for physicals and only for magicals, while LoL and Dota 2 have a "eff it everyone has the same items system ".

2nd - Smite gives you a "How to build" option on the main Select God screen. While other games forces you to eff yourself and find out on your own.

3rd - LoL and Dota 2 item trees are REALLY messed up, and newer players GET CONFUSED with that. I know I did and I still do, even being a level 16 on LoL.

I can agree on the 1st and 3rd point a bit.

however it doesn't really change a lot in amount you need to learn only point 3 does a bit. and that LoL and DotA probably have more items in total

1st point: dota doesn't have magical power (abilities don't scale) so giving you all items in this point is for them doable because everyone does "physical damage" and LoL is more complex giving certain adc and other classes the ability to do magic damage. (don't forget smite had this too. in beta). however it doesn't really change the learning curve/amount of knowledge in total only the amount of knowledge for a character.

2nd: uhm I'm assuming you are pointing to the front tab of a recommended page (otherwise I don't know what you mean). both DotA and LoL have one with Dota having a more vague one (it only shows early items core and everything else is situational). also because of valve in Dota you can use guides (they give you advise on items by changing the recommended tab and give you skill point advise) which are really nice and a lot better.
LoL one is more comparable to Smite it only includes an early items tab and gives you more then 3-4 options. Also is the item building system thingy (were you can make your own recommended page) easier to use as you can put more the 4 items in there.

3rd point: this point is legit the tier system is a lot easier to understand, but the branching system also has an advantage when you know the items. You can easily see which item someone is building in the lower tiers because of multiple component's (I know only 2 items that's are an exception atm sharing the same 2 component's) while Smite leaves 1-4 options at a tier 1 item and sometimes tier 2 (for some items you won't know it until they are fully build)

it also makes you need to understand which component to get at which time is better.

Don't forget that with that system in most cases you can throw stuff around quickly and making item lending/hiring a lot more easy (this can screw up predictions or if you suddenly need something else). Also the stats components give are stronger (and well cheaper).

Also it's easier to theory craft as certain t1 items in this case can give you the value of 1% AS etc. making item efficient more easily to calculate.

on CSGO: I don't think it's different in any country with amount of people that play it (poor countries not included) it spread fast among my friend group and well I hate the game and still get invited to much. I'm happy there is a lvl system now which needs you to be lvl 3 for ranked. stops the invite spams.

Small EDIT:
I got a point 4 LoL/Dota items (speccially Dota) items have actives and passives (aka more buttons to press especially dota with being able to have 6 active items)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 6, 2016 1:05pm | Report
There's a auto build option on smite, which you don't need to go to the store and try to understand what you're gonna buy without wasting time. That's what I meant with 2 Dev

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 6, 2016 5:08pm | Report
Devampi I just got into Smite cause it was a view behind the character, and that all the characters are gods. I got really into mythology, so of course I got interested.

Although it took me a while to understand, I understood the general concept of items and gods. Also, it was fun.

LoL is just so different to me and I WISH I could do it, but I dont have as much time as I did when I played Smite in the summer. The view is weird to me, well sortve. The items are confusing af to me. I got so used to being different items for magical and physical gods, so naturally my brain went like "wat."

Only character on LoL I tried was Ashe.

Its not like I hate on the game, not at all.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 6, 2016 5:12pm | Report
Gamegeek you only tried 1 character ? Gosh.

Ezreal, Garret ( Was that the cheesy warrior's name ? The one with the "Demacia" stuff ( At least he says Demacia on the BR server ) ) freckin 9 Tails Fox Gurl ( She's bae ) and Lux ALL ARE characters I have knowledge on how to use while playing LoL

The rest is like a new player trying out a hunter with only defensive items " HOW IS THAT GUY DOING MORE DAMAGE THEN ME " " I HAVE NO MANA WTF " " THIS CHARACTER IS BAD AND I WON'T PLAY EVER AGAIN "

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 6, 2016 5:23pm | Report
I HAD NO TIMEEEE.

Besides I wanted to at least get the hang of ONE character. I just like her passive with crits, makes me feel good inside.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }