Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What games do you hate/dislike?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What games do you hate/dislike? 33 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 5, 2016 1:57am | Report
The What else are you playing thread got me thinking about what games I really enjoy, but the recent comments on it have gotten me thinking about the games that I find overrated or really dislike for one reason or another. Thus, this thread was born!

Gist: this is more or less a rant thread for the games you dislike just for the fun of it. It's okay to post that you simply dislike a game, or that you dislike it for personal reasons, but it's not okay to attack people on this thread for saying that they hate a game that you personally enjoy. Argument is fine, personal insults is not.

Some personal games I dislike/hate that are high-profile
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 5, 2016 2:58am | Report
Great idea!
There's not many games that I genuinely actively dislike, but I'll throw in a few I can think of

Heres some games that I cant stand

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 5, 2016 10:54am | Report
The Evil Within - Usually i like horror games with a good story and mechanics, but this game is so ****ing hard its ridiculous. One mistake and you have no chance except through good luck. Monsters are cool though.

Destiny (still play it though) - I got so into the game. Had 6-7 exotic guns including the rare Red Death Pulse Rifle. I eventually got sick of the grind. It was too much work for something that you could MAYBE get. Recently got the expansions and heard some cool things so Im willing to give it another try. Funny how I am considered a vet even though Im 16.

LoL - I dont like the view from which you play, and it takes a while just to learn items and characters. I feel like I could get used to it, but that steep learning curve is steep.

Advanced Warfare - Just wasnt my type of game, and I got too used to boots on the ground. But then they became pay to maybe win, and eventually became sellouts because of those drops.

Echo of Soul - I was exploring free mmo games on steam, including this. This is just a stupidly obvious pay to win game, including a quest that makes you buy something to even complete it. That just takes it too far.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 5, 2016 10:56am | Report
Also zilbs Dark Souls is a good game, but sorry you had a glitchy experience.

Its so hard, but just defeating one boss makes you feel so great.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 5, 2016 12:12pm | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

Also zilbs Dark Souls is a good game, but sorry you had a glitchy experience.

Its so hard, but just defeating one boss makes you feel so great.

I DID get 7 hours in, I defeated a couple bosses in that time. My main problem was that in every game there's a balance between frustration and reward. Dark Souls' gameplay with its open ended guidelines and experience through repetition (ie: you die, learn what you SHOULD do, then do that) naturally leads to a frustrating experience. For some, the reward of success balances this. For me at least, beating a boss didn't give me a rush, I didn't beat them and say "oh yeah, that was awesome!" I would beat them and say "thank god I don't have to go through that part of the level I already played 7 ****ing times."

I've heard several arguments how the souls games challenge you in new ways. However, the fact that some classes are blatantly better than others, the fact that knowing where the best loot is will allow you to survive far better, and the fact that some things you simply can't discover without dying a couple times to test things out simply felt like it was leading to monotonous and unfair gameplay. I'm also not a huge fan of the combat system as it's brutally slow and timing based. I don't hate timing based games, but if that's the case I like to be agile so that I get a rush through gameplay, not fight like some slow methodical old man. I've also heard arguments about how souls is immersive because it makes death matter, but that really means jack **** when I walk into a room and something twenty feet tall kills me instantly. If you're going to make death matter, at least make it feel FAIR, that my lack of judgement or that my actions led to my doom in some forseeable manner. Otherwise I'm just dying and repeating the same gameplay over and over again.

Anyway - end rant. Basically all I wanted to say is that the glitches weren't the reason I disliked the game overall, they helped, but they didn't seal the deal. I've enjoyed glitchy games before.

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 5, 2016 12:21pm | Report
Then try Bloodborne. Its more action packed

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 5, 2016 1:45pm | Report
I mean... My list will either be long or short, so here goes nothing !

Some Games that didn't Conquest me ;)

I guess that's that. I bet some ppl hate me right now !
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 5, 2016 2:14pm | Report
@Prism

The problem with undertale being under the limelight is that it was never intended to reach a mass audience, it's an indie game and was really trying to fill a niche of innovative ideas blended with classic turn based rpgs like earthbound. That isn't really a genre that's meant to appeal to everybody, so it's kind of silly that people expect it to. Although to be fair, if you never reached the ending you haven't really experienced the game to its fullest (especially considering it's a fairly short game to begin with :P)

Personally I think pokemon games are still just as good as they've ever been, although they have gotten easier. I never did play black & white or B&W 2, but X and Y were pretty fun. Nostalgia factor might also have something to do with the belief the old games were better, although the difficulty definitely made them more engaging there are a number of factors that still make the new games solid installments.

Finally I could also probably add Hearthstone to my list. I don't like any games where microtransactions can affect gameplay. I know that you can technically grind your way to owning a good deck of cards, but the fact that someone with no experience could just buy a ton of cards, form a deck using a guide and then just wreck isn't something that makes me want to invest my time into the game.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 5, 2016 2:28pm | Report
I did do both of the main runs ( Dunno if there are others ) BUT IT WAS SO FRECKING BORING DOING BOTH OF THEM.

._.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 5, 2016 5:08pm | Report
@Prism, if it was so boring, why did you actually play it as long as you did? And a 2nd run? I'd have quit it way earlier! Too many games, too little time.

Hmmm, Z...I don't know if I can say I absolutely hate some games, but I guess I can list some that I dislike, or perhaps that just don't draw me in like they do a lot of others.

1. Okay, I can hate. Practically all mobile games. The trivia ones are fine. Otherwise, most of the others (the popular ones like the King "saga" games, Clash of Clans, etc.) all hurt me deep inside as a "gamer."

2. Dark Souls/Bloodborne: So I haven't played Bloodborne, but in the general theme, these games are too methodical for me. Nowadays, I'm less into something super challenging just for the sake of being challenging. It's not fun for me to feel the need to go slowly, check around every corner, etc.

3. Bioshock series: the gameplay was just boring to me. Movement didn't feel very responsive, and although extremely atmospheric...just felt like it was missing something.

4. RPGs, collection, and card games: by RPGs, I mean JRPGs, and by collection, I mean things like Pokemon. As with #2 above...too methodical for me. I used to LOOOOVE JRPGs (I count FFIV, FFVI, FFVII, and FFIX among my favorite games of all time), but just finding I don't have the attention span for them much anymore. I'm hoping I can make it through all of Undertale. Never been into games like Pokemon, though I've tried them. They just lose me after a few hours. Card games like Hearthstone...sorta fun for a bit, but again, I just lose interest quickly. Gwent in Witcher 3? Wish it wasn't there...

Other specific games that just don't drew me in...Batman Arkham series, Metal Gear series (used to like them back in the OG Playstation days, lost me after that), fighting games (was an old school SFII player, and liked the Soul Caliber games, but got over them).
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }