Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

moba comparison thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Off Topic » moba comparison thread 203 posts - page 15 of 21
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 16, 2014 1:03pm | Report
my problem with smite has gotten if someone gets fed it's gg doesn't mind how fed. (also teams starts to BM a rea lot)

In LoL or DotA or DG you still make a chance of winning when somoene got fed. you only need to avoid him in a 1v1 in a 2v1 you make a chance of winning and a 3 v 1 it's a win. In smite I don't see this happening because some chars can easily own 1v3 when fed. also in team kills in smite when the enemy team is 10 kills above yours you can say gg in LoL or DG Or Dota the difference can be 20 and still it's not clear who will win the match.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 16, 2014 5:21pm | Report
ICEN, i agree that there are some counters, but you did more than half of them wrong. All you did is just, dodge, your fault for giving hiim kills, don't get near. All this is impossible if enemy take something like creeping curse or blink. You even said some of them are strong and you don't state anything to counter them

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 16, 2014 8:48pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

ICEN, i agree that there are some counters, but you did more than half of them wrong. All you did is just, dodge, your fault for giving hiim kills, don't get near. All this is impossible if enemy take something like creeping curse or blink. You even said some of them are strong and you don't state anything to counter them
Because I am not going to make a paragraph for each of those Gods.

Name me the ones you think are uncounterable or op

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 17, 2014 1:09am | Report
uncounterable? hel. spoiler her healing is not the problem though she isnt what i consider fully OP just really annoying.

i havent played smite in a while so id dont know what is OP at the moment.

what is unbalenced is a lot of warriors who are so UP its not even funny, they dont have a place in the current game is how weak some are.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 17, 2014 5:18am | Report
Time to stop procrastinating and finally chime in.

I can't play Smite. My location just produces such an awful ping where if I'm not lagging ridiculously in game, I'm getting kicked out. It's ridiculous how badly the connection is. I often find myself joining about 3 minutes into the game, and just getting kicked out and unable to rejoin about 10 minutes later. This has led me to be too afraid to play Smite over the thought of disadvantaging my team mates in game and causing them to rage. Hence, I have stopped playing until I can play at an adequate level.

Personally, I feel like Smite's competitive scene is shaky. The game is not well-balanced. I often read these patch noted and just find myself questioning some of the decisions they are making. Additionally, it seems that with every release, the power creep just becomes greater and greater. They need to understand that if they have new ideas and want to introduce new things, it need to be in moderation. Cramming a ton of good ideas into one kit is not going to make a balanced game. They'll learn in time. League started off exactly like how Smite had started, a team of people who are confused in terms of what they should do to balance. I have high hopes that the game will be in a good state in due time.

League is the reverse. It has the competitive scene shoved so far up it's *** that it's reached it's brain, and that's all that dictates what happens in terms of balance changes. Solo queue is, for the most part, disregarded in terms of balance. You can't blame them for focusing on competitive. They want to ensure they maintain a healthy game for what is one of the biggest ESports scenes in the world right now. Of course, the game is balanced, but solo queue threats are disregarded if they are not competitively viable, and that makes for some unpleasant experiences.

What you can't deny is that both of them are hella fun. Balance doesn't matter when you play solely for enjoyment. Smite was incredibly enjoyable while I was able to play it. League is still enjoyable after playing it for over three years. In terms of gameplay, both deliver in their interesting kits coupled with pure PvP action. Of course, the communities are pretty horrific, but the mute function is enough to deal with those, and intelligent use of this mysterious function is enough to prevent that minor distraction from disrupting your enjoyment of the game.

Of course, if we're talking ranked, then, well, you can't do much if someone just purposely feeds. You can't do anything about that. Ranked, overall, becomes less fun of an experience with me, as people do not play to enjoy themselves, but play to gain elo. When there's something that you want to achieve thrown into the mix, well, the enjoyment slowly turns to stress.

This has gone from structured to mindless rambling, so I'll stop it here. Just know that I find both games incredibly enjoyable from a casual standpoint, but both do not deliver an optimal competitive experience.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 17, 2014 11:40am | Report
All4Games wrote:

uncounterable? hel. spoiler her healing is not the problem though she isnt what i consider fully OP just really annoying.

i havent played smite in a while so id dont know what is OP at the moment.

what is unbalenced is a lot of warriors who are so UP its not even funny, they dont have a place in the current game is how weak some are.
Hel? Out of all the people you pick you pick hel....

She is easy as hell to Gank. She has no escape and is only good against Gods that have to get close to her and have no escapes as well. When I see Hel I think to myself "My jungler is going to have a field day once she pushes too far up"

Every herd of weakening curse? Or divine ruin? Or any other healing reduction item?

She is one of the easiest mages to gank and kill and she is only a problem if she is super fed which is not a lot.

@HifromBuddah - I would love to hear the Gods you think are UP and unbalanced

You people calling Smite unbalanced seriously do not know what your talking about

MOST of the gods ARE balanced and only a select few you can argue are too strong or barely UP.
Not a lot though, you guys keep making it seem as though there are a **** load of Gods that are broken.

Let me Guess you would also call Tyr under powered would you not? I'm sure you would since he falls under the warrior UP idea.

That's why Devious one of the best pro solo's plays Tyr right, so UP that he plays him against pro teams and wins with him.

Tyr is not UP
, he is balanced enough, his heal is decent for hitting 3 minions, it lets him stay in lane, his fearless combo chucks enough hp away that you can almost finish someone off with that combo by itself, he has high mobility, he can chase easy, he can escape easy.

Its not my fault people do not understand that these so called "UP GODS" are actually still Good.

Tyr could use a buff in healing at the very most, not because he is UP but because if you want to make the God more competitive or if you think people are not playing him then I guess buffing his heal by a TINY bit would help that and it would not break him because his heal does not effect his damage done.

Vamana ???? YOU PEOPLE were the exact!!! ONes!!!! Calling Vamana UP and garbage, now everyone is playing him in solo as a top pick..... funny how peoples views change once they understand how to play a God and see how strong they actually are.

That's why any time I see a Vamana on the other team he takes a dump 9/10 times, remember Vamana was a whack pick and low tier before.

Odin? He is not garbage, he is predictable but not garbage, I played with people from this Forum, I can't remember who it was with yesterday, I played Odin and went like 7-2 or something like that and I never played him before that patch.

Guan Yu is not UP either - That's why pros still play him, his heal is good enough to sustain his team (Which is why he is classified in as a healer now), his 3 is now good enough to make him playable, his ult still destroys everyone who does not escape it. He is not UP and he is not OP he is balanced where he is now, only some people say his passive needs a slight change because they don't like the fact you have to get hit to make use of his passive.

Hercules ? - First of all he DEF is not under powered and he DEF is not OP. Go play him in League and watch how you get wrecked from weakening curse, and was as you can't do much when your healing is not doing anything, and his healing is not even OP anymore, you can't complain about his healing and he still has all of his damage/CC, he is balanced where he is now.

Sun Wukong - He is sooo under powered... that's why ever SWK I see goes like 13-3 in matches...
His 1 could use more damage but he is still good to use. Its not as if he is unplayable or so bad you can never get a kill with him, that's why everyone rekets with over 10 kills.

Osiris - ? - Um, he is not UP either, neither is he OP. He is either strong or not strong depending on who you are facing and how you play him.

Chaac - ? He is DEF not under powered, if anyone thinks Chaac is UP what the Hell have you been playing because you surely have not been playing smite!!! Many people think he is balanced, what does he have outside of his poke? Not much really, he can't do much besides throw a axe at you and ult you for a kill. Nobody really buys crit on him so nobody autos you to deal like assassins. I wouldn't call Chaac OP either, he is just strong but balanced enough to where he is just a strong pick.

MOST of the warriors are NOT UP.

All of them are actually playable and balanced, and most of them get picked up by PRO teams, only like SWK or Tyr could you say could use a slight buff if you wanted to buff them at all, SWK 1 damage and Tyr healing a bit more. That is all.

There is not much balance issues.

I don't even think you people are playing Smite because I want to see this balanced problems all of you keep talking about.

There is only a things that are unbalanced, but for you guys to sit here and act like a whole class is unbalanced or OP is funny. If that where the case everyone would be playing all these OP Gods.

*These are the few Gods you can even try to complain about*

- Apollo
- Cabrakan (UP)
- Freya
- Geb's shield ONLY (Can't complain outside of his shield)
- Merc if you think he is still compliable

These ones to complain are the less complained
- Serqet
- AMC (Some people think needs a small buff in mobility)

THat is like 7 Gods that you can even try to complain about with some truth

That leaves like ****in 51 Gods that are balanced

So you people are crying about 7 Out of 51 Gods ????

SO explain how the **** Smite is mainly unbalanced when 51 of the Gods are perfectly balanced (For the most part) does not really need a nerf or buff, are all viable and can be played well for the most part.

Only a select few are either UP or slightly OP in terms of what they can do

First Ban Gods are not First ban because they are OP, they are first ban because they are the best damn picks and provide something that someone wants like a global ult on Athena or the taunt. Some of the first ban Gods are in that select few you can complain about but half the first ban gods are banned simply because they are strong picks or banning out counter picks.

I see the pros ban vamana all the time, I see them ban Zhong all the time, I see them ban, Loki, I see them ban hebo, I see them ban damn Anhur from crying out loud.

Most of the pros ban based on what the other team is good with, half of the time they don't simply insta bans Gods that are top picks.

Now explain how majority of the **** in Smite is unbalanced when like 51 of the Gods are not UP or OP.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 17, 2014 11:48am | Report
OH you can add 1-3 more Gods if you would like, **** it add Nu wa, Athena and anyone else, it stills like 49 Gods that are balanced

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 17, 2014 12:33pm | Report
hey you didn't give me any spesific scenario's so i chose in a strict 1v1. i already said that the countering her heal is the last of my problem's. she farms to safe, aoe burst skill hits like a truck and cant be dodged if she is only a little bit faster (for which she has a movement speed buff).

and even if i were to see countering her healing as a problem, i would get behind by getting creeping curse for my lane when no one on the remaining team has heavy healing in items which again would lead to her burst.

and i rather get an aegis for the remaining burst or a beads because cc for everyone is what smite is about.

counter building can some times just not be an option which is why when some one asks me who is uncounterable i say hel because her burst aoe just can't be dodged through pure escape skill of the player them selfes.

countering i see in play style, not in items.

as for the part about the jungler. did junglers ever gank solo lane is smite? like... ever? because i sure as hell only saw a jungler that wasn't my friend do it once every 30ish games...for the junglers in casual the map stops at a blue buffs on one side of the map behind that lies something they dont know called solo lane...

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » October 17, 2014 12:33pm | Report
Odin is most certainly not UP. His ****ing shield nuke is crazy OP. I have to disagree about Guan and his heal though. His heal is ****. It has no scaling, and even at the max level it is barely enough to make the bar move on a mage with no health items. It's a joke to everybody else. And the passive really is worthless, because the damage you take in order to charge it up will far exceed the healing you'll get in return.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 17, 2014 2:01pm | Report
sigh* time to rerail this before it turns into another smite balencing thread. ICEN why do you think you need to get on the soap(troll)box?

okay for my next comparison i am going to ask one thing. please ignore ICEN if he says smite is better in everyway for *insert ignorant reason*.

what moba's do you think have better disigned characters?

i would say a lot of older smite were very good but some of the new characters like ullr, scylla, sylvanus,etc. (exeption being janus) are either badly disigned or just really boring.

old league's characters weren't as great though weren't bad just a little boring some times like garen (i love him but come on he is boring). ryze being pure lock on while the new league characters like new sion, azir, gnar and jinx being very well disigned.

and dawngate which always takes its time for disign has some pretty bland copying but makes up for that by changing it good enough to completely change the play style.

(seriously here is cerulean's kit. q: spins weapon that applies an extra effect if hit on the bladed part at the edge being a slow, w self buff in the form of extra defence, e: flip enemy behind cerulean, r: cerulean dunks some one dealing damage and healing more based on the enemies missing HP... darius do you even dunk bro?) (or kindra).

but the characters that are completely unique are really cool like viridian who has so many freaking stabbing done to people that they have more holes then swiss cheese and freia... oh freia has one of the coolest mechanics in a moba ever with her rage which she uses to cast abilities.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }