Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dat OP

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Dat OP 95 posts - page 2 of 10
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 27, 2013 5:41pm | Report
I haven't seen that battle vid in a long time. When I did see it, I despised Superman because I felt he was a very over powered character.

However, when I actually started reading more on the character, watching him in the Justice League cartoons, reading him in the comics, I began liking him a lot more and discovering that Superman hasn't been so over powered since he was reworked in the mid-80s.

Now, I don't really feel like watching that vid again right now, though I should a little later on, but based on what ICEN has said about the video, assuming he's correct, there are definitely plenty of inconsistencies with how Superman was portrayed based on how the character has been since 1986, aka Post-Crisis (after the completion of the DC comics changing event, Crisis on Infinite Earths).

ICEN wrote:
- yet they don't make superman realistic and make superman blow up the earth in order to kill goku? Ya I'm pretty sure superman wouldn't do that.

For one, as ICEN has stated, Superman would never blow up the Earth, or any inhabited planet for that matter, just to defeat a person, especially a fellow hero, which leads to my next point. Superman would not kill Goku unless Goku was a serious threat to the Earth. Superman has rarely, rarely ever killed anything. The only two big instances I can think of, SPOILER ALERT, was when he killed Doomsday, who killed him at the same time, and General Zod (not just from the movies), but he also killed a version of Zod and two of his followers END SPOILS.

ICEN wrote:
Then to cheat ever more they make superman go god mode when he is inside of the sun even though superman has to sit inside the sun for a while to even get the power, yet they cheat and make goku a complete ******.

Now, I know a decent amount about Superman, but I am in no way an expert on him right now. I learn new things about him all the time as I read comics, but I do believe ICEN is right in this in that it's not an instant buff for him. It takes some time for him to take in the radiation. I don't think it's too long, but it definitely takes some time, from what I know, which could be wrong.

ICEN wrote:
- they base superman off of his stongest

I actually doubt they based him off the strongest he's ever been because Pre-Crisis Superman was ridiculous. Back then, he could basically come up with any power to have. He'd be able to move planets and all sorts of dumb ****. I wouldn't be surprised if he had the power to destroy an entire solar system just by passing gas in it. Sorry, but Pre-Crisis Superman could easily defeat Goku, which is why I hated Pre-Crisis Superman. He was way too over powered. Post-Crisis Superman, while still very strong and definitely a decent competitor against Goku, was definitely weakened a lot since then and made him have a few more weaknesses and the potential to actually lose fights by various means.

ICEN wrote:
There is only ONE goku but yet there are like 40 versions of superman in different comics?

Yes, there are actually many versions of Superman, as well as the rest of the DC characters, as there are many universes that exist in DC comics. They call it the multi-verse, and I'm almost positive, there are 52 of them (for some reason, DC loves the number 52). Many of the universes have very strange Earths with strange versions of Superman. As for the video, I'm pretty sure they were using New Earth Superman, who is the main one, though they may have falsified a few facts based on Pre-Crisis Superman.

When it comes down to it, the fight between the two could go both ways very easily, especially considering both are heroes. Like I said, I'm not an expert on Superman, but I do think I possess a decent amount of knowledge on him. As for Goku, I never got into really any of the Dragonball series extensively, so I don't know much about Goku, but I do know him, as well as Superman, are some of the most popular characters in their respective genres of entertainment, as well as some of the most powerful. I should probably watch this video again now that I do have knowledge of Superman to see whether or not they actually did portray him correctly for the time the video was made.

TL;DR: Based on what ICEN said, assuming he's right considering I haven't seen the video in a while, the very famous and debated video could be have plenty of ********* facts about Superman based on the Superman of the era the video was made for the reasons I gave in that essay of a reply.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 27, 2013 9:52pm | Report
I just wasted three hours of my life watching the Gohan versus Cell fight. Then I remembered the reason why I hate Dragon Ball is because half the damn show is grunting, moaning, and filling the time slot up with ****.

Scratch that, 90% of it is.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 27, 2013 10:39pm | Report
I'll go through this fast as hell.
Since you haven't watch Dragon Ball Z, I don't know how nobody can't watch it, I mean what cartoon of its generation even comes close? Don't confuse it with Dragon ball. Dragon ball doesn't have all the epic fights as Dragon Ball Z does so watching Dragon Ball the original before Dragon Ball Z may be boring as even myself hasn't seen every episode of it since that was out before I was even born.

Lets put it this way so I can try to make you understand what they did.
There are a few sagas in Dragon Ball Z.
Dragon Ball (Not dragon Ball z) is when Goku is a kid, he doesn't have all the crazy powers yet hes just a kid who was sent to destroy earth but hit his head (somehow I forgot) and he forgot why he was sent to earth. He gets raised by a person and trained by people to become stronger, they figure out hes no normal human. Okay basically Dragon Ball is just goku as a kid growing up meeting people that will later turn into Dragon Ball Z where all the epic **** is.

Then you have Dragon Ball Z
This is where goku is older and the earth keeps getting into danger by villains.
There are a few sagas in Dragon Ball Z.
There is the FREEZA SAGA - this is the first saga of Dragon ball Z, this is where you see goku fighting and meeting tons of characters that will later form the main characters in all DBZ sagas. Basically in this saga, you keep hearing about the "legendary super saiyan" freeza who is the main villain killed alot of the saiyans (gokus race) because he feared that a saiyan would be able to become a "super saiyan" from the legends and defeat him.

So basically at the end of the first saga you have freeza the main villain killing alot of gokus friends, but freeza kills gokus best friend at the end. This is when epicness starts. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN DRAGON BALL Z, you see rocks start to levitate, the ground spliting and you see goku's hair start turning blonde. So all this time you keep hearing about "the super saiyan" so it all leads up to this moment when goku becomes the super saiyan you keep hearing about. Goku kills the villain and the saga ends. Vegeta who is another saiyan is pissed that he wasn't able to become a super saiyan and basically this sets the tone for vegeta wanting to surpass goku.

Now keep in mind this is the first saga of Dragon Ball Z and THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE BASING HIS SPEED OFF OF. So that is why I am pissed because this is only the begging of goku's power yet they are basing his speed from this saga for some reason.

Then there is the CELL SAGA
basically vegeta becomes a super saiyan in this saga to match goku, in this saga you see a vegeta and goku both able to become a level beyond a super saiyan but it has draw backs, the form is too slow but makes them more powerful.

The main villain is cell who is sent from the past to the future. GOHAN who is gokus son is able to turn super saiyan. Goku in this saga is believed to be the strongest person on earth so cell fights him for the fate of the earth in the cell games which is a tournament to see who can beat him because he wants to show that he is the strongest in the universe.
Goku GIVES UP against cell and says he is no match for cell. Goku then says his son gohan will fight cell..... and everyone freaks out because gohan is much weaker than everyone else or so they think.

In the first saga Gohan was a scared kid but when seeing his friends hurt would become super powerful for a split second because he would get angry but couldn't control his anger. Basically gohan fights cell and cell keeps beating his ***. Gohan then says, I know why my dad said I am the only one who can defeat you, its because when my hidden power or some **** like that.
Basically cell keeps pushing gohan because he wants to see this power. So cell trys to kill all of his friends including goku ect.

Gohan keeps telling him to stop and keeps crying like a little *****. A android tells gohan that he has the power to defeat cell and tells gohan its okay to fight for the right cause and to protect the life you love. Cell steps on the androids head and gohan goes ape ****. Gohan turns into a super saiyan 2 which is stronger than all the super saiyans even goku isn't a super saiyan 2 yet. blah blah blah gohan kills cell.

Okay the LAST SAGA is the BUU SAGA.
I'll keep it short, goku and vegeta become super saiyan 2 in this saga, but goku becomes a super saiyan 3. they kill buu blah blah blah

There is then Dragon Ball GT which isn't considered LEGIT to the series but in this saga goku and vegeta both become super saiyan 4's.

THE LAST LEGIT MOVIE
Is when goku becomes a god by having 4-6 other saiyans giving him power to become a god.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 27, 2013 10:40pm | Report
And just to show you and example of their power... if you were to compare it to super man.
This is only super saiyan 2... and he barely tried. THey get stronger than this.
To say the least these are Op ***********ers who should never be in smite

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 28, 2013 12:09am | Report
ICEN wrote:

And just to show you and example of their power... if you were to compare it to super man.
This is only super saiyan 2... and he barely tried. THey get stronger than this.
To say the least these are Op ***********ers who should never be in smite

Littely sun wukong is in smite vioced by goku.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 28, 2013 3:10am | Report
Batman beats Superman. No arguments there!

But really. ANYONE can beat super man. Why?

HE HAS A ****ING WEAKNESS! And it's not loved ones in danger. BUT A REAL WEAKNESS.

Sure you can hold batman's or Goku's family hostage. But even so. Can that really stop them from hurting the **** out of you? NO! Hold them hostage. They'll find a way to kill you and save them. Kill their family. Then your practically dead from the start. SUPERMAN HAS A WEAKNESS THAT CAN JUST BRING HIM TO NOTHING! THEY NEVER INVENTED A KRYPTONITE PROOF VEST FOR HIM AT ALL! So ya... Superman is one of the strongest AND weakest in the DC universe.

(Did I just... do that..? )
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 28, 2013 7:43am | Report
Basically Superman wins cuz it takes Goku two roughly 24 minute episodes to preform 1 move. Sure Goku has forms up the wazoo and Superman has a weakness, but in the time it takes him to find it Superman fuqs him up 20 or so times.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 28, 2013 7:56am | Report
A one-minute conversation in DB will last five or so episodes. No exaggeration.

Since an episode lasts about 24 minutes, that means Superman will be moving approximately 24 times faster than any DB character. No wonder Superman wins.

Also, the existence of Kryptonite is contested among various artists. Some simply say it doesn't exist, while others use it.

Also, click this link for an actual CGI Goku vs Superman fight, by ScrewAttack's Death Battle series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyl97TG8jbA

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 28, 2013 8:03am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

A one-minute conversation in DB will last five or so episodes. No exaggeration.

Since an episode lasts about 24 minutes, that means Superman will be moving approximately 24 times faster than any DB character. No wonder Superman wins.

Also, the existence of Kryptonite is contested among various artists. Some simply say it doesn't exist, while others use it.

Also, click this link for an actual CGI Goku vs Superman fight, by ScrewAttack's Death Battle series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyl97TG8jbA
Anybody watches this video is ******ed plain and simple.

Find me ONE video of goku using a damn stick while in super saiyan form.
FIND ONE ..... I gotta love the ******ed **** they do in this video, its like giving superman bat man gadgets when super man doesn't even use those things.

Also while your at it, I suggest you learn what saga snake way is from...... because thats why the idiots based half of his **** off of.

Its like basing real life strength from when your 15 years old... ummm your not 15 anymore.... well some are

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 28, 2013 8:09am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Anybody watches this video is ******ed plain and simple.

Find me ONE video of goku using a damn stick while in super saiyan form.
FIND ONE ..... I gotta love the ******ed **** they do in this video, its like giving superman bat man gadgets when super man doesn't even use those things.

Also while your at it, I suggest you learn what saga snake way is from...... because thats why the idiots based half of his **** off of.

Its like basing real life strength from when your 15 years old... ummm your not 15 anymore.... well some are

Generalization, ignorance, arrogance, entitlement. Typical ICEN.

This is the same guy who didn't know how Domination worked before he started prattling about it. Just don't trust anything he says. It's probably just more manure.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }