Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dat OP

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Dat OP 95 posts - page 10 of 10
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 30, 2013 1:16pm | Report
ICEN wrote:
Gokus is not born op though, goku has to work for all his opness where different versions of superman are just born op, or so thats what everyone says depending on which superman you pick since there are 40 supermans.

By the way isn't that funny? When you say superman vs goku you are obviously talking about the one and only goku but which superman is superman?

Oh and superman is suppose to be highly intelligent, but if he is so intelligent why does he where underwear on the outside of his pants? Exactly not so smart

He has those powers because of his Kryptonian physiology living on Earth, but it's not like he was flying when he was a baby or anything, at least post-Crisis. He discovered these changes he was having growing up and had to learn how to control them.

But that's the thing, whenever anyone talks about Superman, unless stated otherwise, it's always the New Earth version of Superman, or if going by the current comics, the Prime Earth version of Superman, who is basically the same as the New Earth version, considering Prime Earth has taken the place of New Earth by now. There are various different versions of Superman, but those would have to be specifically mentioned, i.e Superman of Earth-3 or Earth-3 Superman. I mean, if I wanted to use any Superman that I had 100% confidence of him winning in a fight against Goku, I would throw in Superboy-Prime (the Earth Prime version of Superman who is said to be potentially more powerful than Superman of New Earth, has become a villain, and is insanely psychotic and kills). However, as it is Superman vs. Goku, it is assumed that it is the main, New Earth/Prime Earth one (Prime Earth =/= Earth Prime. Don't know why the similar naming. DC is not the smartest with things lately).

Don't know the specifics behind that pre-Crisis, but that was all a part of the costume. Wasn't anything separate. And the recent version of Superman from the New 52 has taken away that part of the costume.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 30, 2013 1:54pm | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

He has those powers because of his Kryptonian physiology living on Earth, but it's not like he was flying when he was a baby or anything, at least post-Crisis. He discovered these changes he was having growing up and had to learn how to control them.

But that's the thing, whenever anyone talks about Superman, unless stated otherwise, it's always the New Earth version of Superman, or if going by the current comics, the Prime Earth version of Superman, who is basically the same as the New Earth version, considering Prime Earth has taken the place of New Earth by now. There are various different versions of Superman, but those would have to be specifically mentioned, i.e Superman of Earth-3 or Earth-3 Superman. I mean, if I wanted to use any Superman that I had 100% confidence of him winning in a fight against Goku, I would throw in Superboy-Prime (the Earth Prime version of Superman who is said to be potentially more powerful than Superman of New Earth, has become a villain, and is insanely psychotic and kills). However, as it is Superman vs. Goku, it is assumed that it is the main, New Earth/Prime Earth one (Prime Earth =/= Earth Prime. Don't know why the similar naming. DC is not the smartest with things lately).

Don't know the specifics behind that pre-Crisis, but that was all a part of the costume. Wasn't anything separate. And the recent version of Superman from the New 52 has taken away that part of the costume.

I assume you watch superman or know the more of the comics,
so if someone just talks about superman how do you know which superman they are talking about?

And which superman is the current superman then, basically which superman would everyone bring up if someone is saying VS superman

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 30, 2013 2:34pm | Report
ICEN wrote:
I assume you watch superman or know the more of the comics,
so if someone just talks about superman how do you know which superman they are talking about?

And which superman is the current superman then, basically which superman would everyone bring up if someone is saying VS superman

If someone is talking about Superman, unless otherwise stated, I assume it's the main Superman from either New Earth or Earth Prime. Each Superman has their differences, so I always assume, and I'm usually correct, that they're talking about the main Superman.

Technically, the current Superman is that from Earth Prime. He's pretty much the same as the Superman from New Earth, it's just that Prime Earth is the main Earth now. From about 1986 to 2011, the main Earth was New Earth, but in 2011, they rebooted everything with the New 52 and renamed the main Earth "Earth Prime". Unfortunately, the New 52 has been a major disappointment at some points, so many fans, like myself, are being very stubborn and trying to hold on to Post-Crisis, but Pre-New 52 rather than having to move forward with the New 52 stuff. Though, as far as I know, Superman of the New 52 isn't too horrible. However, to answer your question, nowadays, it can go either way with the battles. As the New 52 has only been out for a few years, people may refer back the New Earth Superman, but many will also refer to the current, Prime Earth Superman. Both are nearly the same, with a few differences in appearance and personality here or there. You'd probably have to have them specify. However, in terms of the famous, talked about video battle between Goku and Superman, that Superman was supposed to be New Earth Superman, as the New 52 didn't exist back then, however, as I stated before, I have no idea how close they stuck to New Earth Superman and if they borrowed elements from Pre-Crisis Superman, in which case would be a stupid thing to do.
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 30, 2013 4:22pm | Report
Can you only see all the superman stuff in the comics or did they make videos for them too?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 30, 2013 5:59pm | Report
It's mostly just comics. They do make a few movies and tv show about him. The comics are, of course, the bottom line when it comes to him, so everything in them are pretty much the facts, but most other forms of entertainment about him are a pretty good representation of him.

A lot of the tv shows and some of the movies, mostly the live actions, tend to be their own made up stories, which tend to stick with the source material. These would include the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited cartoons, Superman the Animated series, the older Superman movies, Man of Steel, etc. Most of these make up their own stories, but try to base the character, his personality, etc on his character from the comics.

Then there's a lot of the animated movies that are actually based on comic book stories. Superman Doomsday is loosely based on the Death of Superman story, but there are big differences also. Superman vs. the Elite is based off of the "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" story arch, which I think did a pretty good job interpreting the storyline.

So, when it comes down to it, plenty forms of entertainment on Superman may differ a bit from the comics, whether it be some changes to an actual comic story or it being a completely different story altogether, but they usually interpret his character and personality pretty well.
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }