Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The King Is Coming

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » The King Is Coming 27 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » June 8, 2019 8:06am | Report
If there was at least a quick video or animation about these stories I would try to understand them, but with only texts and 1 or 2 pictures it's hard have some interest for it

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » June 8, 2019 8:10am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

If there was at least a quick video or animation about these stories I would try to understand them, but with only texts and 1 or 2 pictures it's hard have some interest for it

So you’re the type of person that only reads books with illustrations and/or wait for the movie version. Got it.

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » June 8, 2019 8:13am | Report
I think someone might have summarized the story in a youtube video.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » June 8, 2019 8:17am | Report

I think someone might have summarized the story in a youtube video.

When I decide to read a book, I want to do it. When I decided to play smite, I don't open the game to read stories so they should make something to call player's attention to read it.

Plus I will be a lawyer when I finish my college, so I read a lot, but not smite stories.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » June 8, 2019 9:47am | Report
I just realised he shares Gandalf's name before he left the Undying Lands, Olórin.

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » June 8, 2019 10:44am | Report
Tlaloc1050 wrote:

I just realised he shares Gandalf's name before he left the Undying Lands, Olórin.

Good catch, it has been some time since I read the Silmarillion or the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Another reminder that I am way past due to do all of the above....if only I had the time. I will have to definitely give him a try when he hits just in honor of one of my favorite characters ever.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 8, 2019 11:02am | Report
Silent, if you're a fantasy book reader, we may have other things to talk about...
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » June 8, 2019 5:02pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Silent, if you're a fantasy book reader, we may have other things to talk about...

I definitely am. I just don't really have time to read right now with work/family and I don't even let myself because I will read the typical (300-500pg) books in one sitting if not interrupted. 1000-1300 page books when I had the time when I was younger and had time I would lay in my bed and read from all day and into late at night minus meal/bathroom/errand breaks.

I read the Hobbit/LoR every year from like 10 or 11 until I was 19 0r 20, and really wish I had the time to go back and read it every year still. It will always be my favorite of all time. I have read the Silmarillian a few times, but it has been awhile for all of that. If you can't tell, I love to read. It has been 4-5 years really since I have read anything though. Off the top of my head here are some of my favorites, not counting LoR/Hobbit--(From Tolkien/my table top rpg days I love anything that has dwarves and is at least written halfway decently that has them in it):

Gotrek and Felix(before they switched writers for the second time--haven't gotten back to it yet)

The Sword Dancer series Jennifer Roberson

Drizzt Do'urdan books(got behind at some point)/Cleric Quintet R.A. Salvatore

Original and some of the later Dragonlance books

Codex Alera series Jim Butcher(also got through part of wizards for hire but was never able to go back and reread and catch up)

Goblin Hero Series Jim C Hines

I also like some sci fi(ender's game and others) and super hero stuff as well(ex heroes by Peter Clines as an example)

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » June 8, 2019 9:02pm | Report
Wow you read a LOT

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » June 8, 2019 9:49pm | Report
Tlaloc1050 wrote:

Wow you read a LOT

well, I don't get too much anymore. That is a small fraction of the stuff I've read. Just most fresh in my memory.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }