Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 2 Guide Contest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Season 2 Guide Contest 135 posts - page 1 of 14
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » February 11, 2015 6:36am | Report

We're kicking off SMITE Season 2 with a guide contest! You can win awesome prizes by writing a guide or simply voting on one!

Win by Participating! (22 Winners Total)

Kingston RAM
4GB Memory Kit
1500 Gems +
Ultimate God Pack (x5)
Hel +
Solstice Hel (x5)
Hou Yi +
Sunbreaker Hou Yi (x10)

Some of our prizes will be given away by raffle! Earn entries simply by participating. Different kinds of participation are worth different entry amounts.

How to earn entries:

• 1 entry - Vote on a guide
    • (you earn 1 for each guide you vote on)

• 2 entries - Constructive comment on a guide
    • (you earn 2 for each guide you comment on)

• 5 entries - Create or update your own build
    • (limit 1 per person)

• 10 entries - Create or update your own guide
    • (limit 3 per person, you earn 10 for each guide with 1000 or more characters you write)

• 20 entries - Create or update your own lengthy guide
    • (you earn 20 for each guide with 5000 or more characters you write)

• 50 entries - A guide or build you created or updated during the contest earns an 80% or greater score
    • (you earn 50 for each build or guide that has an 80% or more score at contest close)

There will be a separate pot for the Headset and RAM which can only be entered by writing or updating guides, otherwise you can win any of the other prizes simply by voting!

Win by Being the Best! (6 Winners Total)

1500 Gems
Hel +
Solstice Hel

These prizes will be taken home by the best of the best! The top guide writer for each prize category will win unique prizes.

Godlike

The best of the best, the cream of the crop, the cats pajamas! The winner of this category is the top guide regardless of role or category. Winner determined by guide ranking.

Grand Prize: Aivia Krypton Gaming Mouse + Kingston RAM 8GB Memory Kit + Fan + 1500 Gems + Godlike Badge + <Godlike> Title

Ambush Artist

Gank 'em, shank 'em and spank 'em assassin players! The top assassin guide will win this category, and teach readers to be a deadly cut-throat! Gods that are considered assassins are determined by official listings. Winner determined by guide ranking.

Prizes: 1500 Gems + Solstice Hel + Ambush Artist Badge + <Ambush Artist> Title

Defender of the Weak

Oh I'm sorry, were you trying to kill my carry? Think again! The top guardian guide will win this category and teach players to be fearless defenders. Gods that are considered guardians are determined by official listings. Winner determined by guide ranking.

Prizes: 1500 Gems + Solstice Hel + Defender of the Weak Badge + <Defender of the Weak> Title

Superb Sniper

Shoot 'em up and take 'em down hunters! The top hunter guide will teach players to carry with the best of 'em and stay alive. Gods that are considered hunters are determined by official listings. Winner determined by guide ranking.

Prizes: 1500 Gems + Solstice Hel + Superb Sniper Badge + <Superb Sniper> Title

Master of Magic

Strut your stuff and pull off those perfect combos mages! The top mage guide will teach players to demolish the enemy with skill and grace. Gods that are considered mages are determined by official listings. Winner determined by guide ranking.

Prizes: 1500 Gems + Solstice Hel + Master of Magic Badge + <Master of Magic> Title

Skullcracker

Smash some heads and crack some skulls warriors! The top warrior guide will teach players to dominate their foes with raw strength. Gods that are considered warriors are determined by official listings. Winner determined by guide ranking.

Prizes: 1500 Gems + Solstice Hel + Skullcracker Badge + <Skullcracker> Title

Details (The Fine Print)

• Any funny business such as spamming, multiple accounts, or vote cheating will get you disqualified. We WILL check.
  • Guide can be Champion or General type
  • Open to registered SMITEFire members only. Not a member? Register now and craft your guide!
  • Contest is worldwide.
  • Physical prizes are shipped from Canada. International winners are responsible to pay for any import fees, taxes or other charges that may be applicable depending on location.
  • Contest will close March 4 at 11:59pm PST.
  • Winners will be announced March 6.
  • Winners will be notified by email and will have 7 days to claim their prize.

Well what are you waiting for? Start writing or voting on guides, and get your game on for Season 2!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » February 11, 2015 6:53am | Report
Woooooo!!!!

Let's do this!

(All things aside, i really hope i have a chance at winning, what with people like Zilby or OmgAsia or even Greenevers or Firraria... AND ZODIAC WOLF oh no)

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » February 11, 2015 6:59am | Report
Let's go!!!

I'm waiting for you asia.. I'll definitely be releasing all my guides now lmao. No more procrastinalation!

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 11, 2015 7:06am | Report
Noice, might have something to do on the bus except reading boring news now :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » February 11, 2015 7:14am | Report
Damn, that's pretty awesome. Good luck all :P

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » February 11, 2015 7:14am | Report
Is there a specific way to enter, or do all guides updated/created during this time automatically enter?
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » February 11, 2015 7:15am | Report
Well, I was still going to update my guides for season 2 :D . Gonna forget about preparing for exams and play some smite and craft some guides. Lets roll :D

Good luck everybody ;)

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » February 11, 2015 7:54am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Is there a specific way to enter, or do all guides updated/created during this time automatically enter?

They are automatically entered. :)

Glad you guys are excited about the contest! :D I'm pretty excited myself!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 11, 2015 8:04am | Report
yush so many prizes maybe I will finnaly get one (hopefully the god pack and gems)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 11, 2015 8:15am | Report
Tl:dr... just a question, i wanted to update my Athena/Bacchus guide anyway. I gonna get in this contest by default ? Or do i have to apply.

And if yes "50 entries - A guide or build you created or updated during the contest earns an 80% or greater score" my athena guide is in that section ?
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }