Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 2 Guide Contest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Season 2 Guide Contest 135 posts - page 5 of 14
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 12, 2015 3:53am | Report

IMO it should be new guides, having old guides kind of makes it impossible for new ppl to even compete. I don't mind it being old guides, but I won't use any of the guides I have at least.

It's season 2 after all :p:p

I agree, but I figure that'd clog up the guides a TON, so c'est la vie
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 12, 2015 4:21am | Report
That is bs if you update your guide for New Patch it is like making a new guide. So much changed.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 12, 2015 7:26am | Report
Setolino wrote:

Btw another question. The votes just Count after you Updated the guide or all togheter

I think all of them count, which is what I feel is a bit cheap with just updating an old guide :P

If it is possible to reset the votes or something I'm 100% fine with it though!
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 12, 2015 7:38am | Report
I think resetting the votes would be the best option then. Please do this. I mean a refesh for this season would make a lot of sense.

btw. I wanted to make a new gameplay athena guide for season 2... but none of my league games so far are possible to rewatch... why ?

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » February 12, 2015 8:33am | Report
Setolino wrote:

That is bs if you update your guide for New Patch it is like making a new guide. So much changed.

Not for General Guides ;)

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » February 12, 2015 8:42am | Report
It would be odd to not allow old top guides to update themselves and enter. Like you said, it is like writing a whole new guide and requires a lot of work.

I don't feel great about only counting votes that were gained since the contest started, since other members might be confused about whether or not they can vote on a guide they already voted on, but I will look into it as a possibility.

Keep in mind there is 3 weeks to gain votes (and for old guides to gain downvotes if they're not updated well), and there should be more voting going around with this contest going on. This is why I feel like having an old guide won't make a huge difference after a few weeks of votes.

Also, even if you don't get one of the top guide spots writing a guide and getting a good score drastically increases your chances to win the participation raffle, which also has good prizes.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 12, 2015 9:11am | Report
I think if you do it like this we already know who is going to win. Becasue not so much players upvote anymore and with the current state there wont be any challenge. So you really should consider to atleast count from now on and not all votes together.

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 12, 2015 10:33am | Report
Like I don't mind that a contest like this is "rigged".

But if I where to for example update one of my guides, pretty much all I would have to change is the build and items section to get 70 entries. Because the god still plays the same etc.

But as I said, I do not mind at all that it works like that. But I would get it if someone just stumbling over this contests and being like "OMG this is EPIC" then finding out he has to compete against ppl like Turnip with like 600 entries (if he updates his stuff). Might just not want to sink time into it :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » February 12, 2015 10:50am | Report
I feel like people are downvoting my Loki guide cause of this contest lol. 3 votes just yesterday pretty sure they were all down.

welp

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 12, 2015 10:52am | Report

Like I don't mind that a contest like this is "rigged".

But if I where to for example update one of my guides, pretty much all I would have to change is the build and items section to get 70 entries. Because the god still plays the same etc.

But as I said, I do not mind at all that it works like that. But I would get it if someone just stumbling over this contests and being like "OMG this is EPIC" then finding out he has to compete against ppl like Turnip with like 600 entries (if he updates his stuff). Might just not want to sink time into it :P

This problem would be partially solved if you just would remove all votes. Furthermore i guess the reason this competition is another reason for peopel to actually look at their old guides and update them.

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }