Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 2 Guide Contest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Season 2 Guide Contest 135 posts - page 3 of 14
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 11, 2015 11:58am | Report
The votes that are already on the guide or what ? Or there gonna be a seperate voting ?
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » February 11, 2015 12:11pm | Report
If it's a General Guide, we will just check the text to make sure it's updated. I also want to point out that the General Guide HAS to be a game-related guide, it can't be something like BBCode.

The score will be the guide's score at the end of the contest, keep in mind that as new votes come in old votes go out (it's roughly 20 votes or # of votes in the past 30 days, but these will push old votes out of the score calculation). So, even current guides will need to fight to hold their title as people vote and look for Season 2 guides!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 11, 2015 12:15pm | Report
Hmm maybe you rather should do a poll and post it on reddit or so. Dunno :)
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 11, 2015 12:28pm | Report
(Still waiting on the Most Reppeded up user badge ;D)

But no, those badges are pretty badass looking. Maybe I'll do a guide. Maybe.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » February 11, 2015 12:47pm | Report
There's one role that there aren't any prominent guides for, I intend to use that to my advantage ;D
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 11, 2015 12:59pm | Report

There's one role that there aren't any prominent guides for, I intend to use that to my advantage ;D

No idea what you're talking about. There's a mage, guardian, hunter, assassin, and warrior in the top 11 guides on smitefire (top 10 if you discount two general guides).

So..yeah
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » February 11, 2015 2:02pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

No idea what you're talking about. There's a mage, guardian, hunter, assassin, and warrior in the top 11 guides on smitefire (top 10 if you discount two general guides).

So..yeah

You'll see you imperialist ;)

Edit: Besides, I don't know where are you seeing this, but there are only 8 god guides that are over 25 votes. Not sure what you mean by top 10
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 11, 2015 2:37pm | Report

You'll see you imperialist ;)

Edit: Besides, I don't know where are you seeing this, but there are only 8 god guides that are over 25 votes. Not sure what you mean by top 10

God Guides --> Top Rated.
That's it.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » February 11, 2015 3:06pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

God Guides --> Top Rated.
That's it.

Still doesn't mean prominent. Prominent is "the state of being important or famous". So fame is obviously gonna be dependent on your votes because it shows that a large amount of people have seen and/or been attracted to your guide. So even a guide with 60 negative downvotes would be prominent, just not in the way a good guide would be. Which brings me back to my original statement, there are only 8 god guides that actually have over 25 votes.

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 11, 2015 3:14pm | Report

Which brings me back to my original statement, there are only 8 god guides that actually have over 25 votes.

which is....wrong. lol.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }