Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 2 Guide Contest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Season 2 Guide Contest 135 posts - page 7 of 14
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 13, 2015 4:12am | Report
Well maybe a mix of both because if we go with top ratings a guide with for example 5 votes and all of them are positiv can easily win.

Since 100% is greater than 99%
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » February 13, 2015 4:15am | Report
Greenevers wrote:

One question mowen, does having "the best" guide mean the top rated for that type of god or topvoted? Because a bunch of outdated guides have a high number of votes and both are really different.

And this is making everyone comment on guides, what a dream come true :D

I'm pretty sure mowen wrote that all guides that are made or UPDATED after this post is posted are the only one that is being scored

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » February 13, 2015 4:31am | Report
Quoted:
20 entries - Create or update your own lengthy guide
(you earn 20 for each guide with 5000 or more characters you write)

You guys do know that 5000 characters is a lot right?
I looked at zodiacs guide, greenevers' guide, my own and setolino's guide and they all have at least 2000 below that.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 13, 2015 4:38am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

I looked at zodiacs guide, greenevers' guide, my own and setolino's guide and they all have at least 2000 below that.

I know a way around this. Just mae a spoiler section and type 3000 characters in.

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 13, 2015 4:54am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

5000 words is a lot, 5000 characters is not that much :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » February 13, 2015 5:12am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

That's because I just deleted the longest section of my guide - my items section which I'm redoing. I also took a bunch out of gameplay that I'm reintroducing as new chapters. So I'm not worried too much. The reason okami probably doesn't have as many is because he used pictures with text instead of straight text.

Also raze that doesn't answer my main question. Say if okami updates his guide and I have more of a "top-rated guide than him, who wins? More votes or top rated?

Edit: all votes can't be seen or something anymore? Every guide has a full bar of purple.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by _angrytoast » February 13, 2015 6:22am | Report
5k words isn't that bad, I'm polishing the draft of my guide right now and its around 6k. It took me about a week to write it sooo... for those of you who have tons of free time writing that much shouldn't be a problem.

_angrytoast

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 13, 2015 6:57am | Report
Where can i actually see how many words/characters a guide have ?

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by _angrytoast » February 13, 2015 7:53am | Report
Just copy it into a word processor and find word count, it's generally under tools.

_angrytoast

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » February 13, 2015 11:42am | Report
Firraria wrote:

Mowen, have any idea what this is about?

There's a protection in right now because of the Korean spammers that blocks special characters. It's probably that you have a special ' or , if you copy over from MS Word these characters will be slightly different. You can check by typing over your ' or ,'s and see if they change. You can easily find and replace these by using Notepad and doing find and replace (ctrl+h) sorry for the inconvenience!

MadDanny wrote:

Question: The voting+commenting on a guide, there is no limit to that?

There is no limit, but if you're just commenting on guides "good guide" 50 times you will be disqualified. Comments should be constructive and I will check your activity to make sure you didn't just spam comments.

Greenevers wrote:

One question mowen, does having "the best" guide mean the top rated for that type of god or topvoted? Because a bunch of outdated guides have a high number of votes and both are really different.

Estidien wrote:

is this based on Top Ratings or Top Votes?

Top rated, it will be the guide that shows up above others according to our ranking system (which favors newer votes and discounts older votes as newer votes come in). This should make it possible for old or new guides to win, and you won't have to fight against guides with tons of votes. :)

RazeMage wrote:

I'm pretty sure mowen wrote that all guides that are made or UPDATED after this post is posted are the only one that is being scored

Precisely! Even if a guide is above your's if they are not updated they will not win.

Pentargonite wrote:

5000 words is a lot, 5000 characters is not that much :P

_angrytoast wrote:

5k words isn't that bad, I'm polishing the draft of my guide right now and its around 6k. It took me about a week to write it sooo... for those of you who have tons of free time writing that much shouldn't be a problem.

Minion has it right, it's 5000 CHARACTERS not words. So each letter is a character, and BBCode counts! It's not that bad but still takes effort to reach. _angrytoast's advice for copying into a Word Processor will do the trick, just make sure to pick character count and not words. :)

Setolino wrote:

I know a way around this. Just mae a spoiler section and type 3000 characters in.

This is cheating by spamming and will get you disqualified.

Greenevers wrote:

all votes can't be seen or something anymore? Every guide has a full bar of purple.

o.o I am not seeing this, are you still seeing this? Try clearing your browser cache? Send me a screenshot if it's still borked for you.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }