Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 2 Guide Contest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Season 2 Guide Contest 135 posts - page 6 of 14
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » February 12, 2015 1:51pm | Report
I understand your want to remove all votes but it would not put SmiteFire in a good state. People will still be coming here looking for guides and if all guides have only 1 or 2 votes and there's no clear order new players will think SmiteFire has no good guides. It's important for newcomers to feel confident in the guide they're looking up.

I see your point though, and am going to investigate alternative methods of calculating "top guide" / 80% score for this contest, I'll let you know if we make any changes!

Also @Minion, there's probably more to update than that since the jungle has changed and the items / god balances probably affect matchup / gameplay suggestions, but I see your point. However, keep in mind how much effort was taken to write that guide in the first place, THEN update it, and they're getting those raffle tickets, and I will be checking to make sure that people actually updated their guides and don't have outdated sections / information.

@Green hmm, may be a stroke of bad luck, I imagine with the influx of voters there will be a lot more upvotes going out as well. :)

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 12, 2015 2:04pm | Report
So since i updated my guide iam into this contest now ? :D
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » February 12, 2015 2:06pm | Report
Yes ;) Good luck!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » February 12, 2015 9:58pm | Report
Yeah it feels as if this contest is getting a lot of votes thrown out real fast. Not all of them thought out. At least I don't think that my Awilix guide is good to the point where it should be on top for assassin guides.

Although I can't complain yet. I don't seem to have been hit by the downvote bombs yet. Although I hope I never have to deal with that. I'd definitely say that OmgAsia or Greenevers should be above me on that note.

However. This competition has definitely given me a reason to hurry up and finish the last 2 sections of my guide.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » February 12, 2015 10:09pm | Report
Apparently I got 5 upvotes and 1 downvote one day and then another 3 upvotes the next day. Like plea

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » February 12, 2015 10:32pm | Report
Mowen, have any idea what this is about?

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » February 12, 2015 10:47pm | Report
Wow Firraria... that's bizzare

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » February 13, 2015 12:31am | Report
Question: The voting+commenting on a guide, there is no limit to that?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » February 13, 2015 12:39am | Report
One question mowen, does having "the best" guide mean the top rated for that type of god or topvoted? Because a bunch of outdated guides have a high number of votes and both are really different.

And this is making everyone comment on guides, what a dream come true :D

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » February 13, 2015 1:38am | Report
I'm curious as well Mowen. I honestly don't care about winning, nor do I think I deserve to win. (I'd honestly give my winnings to Greenevers or OmgAsia if I won). It's just a fun contest that's definitely giving me some incentive to write the last few sections of my Awilix Guide. Also it's sparked a lot of comments as well which is really nice! But is this based on Top Ratings or Top Votes?

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }