Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mid-Season | 7.7 Update Notes (w/ 7.6 Bonus Balance)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Mid-Season | 7.7 Update Notes (w/ 7.6 Bonus Balance) 43 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 26, 2020 10:51am | Report
It spreads out the build options while creating some potential conflict between protection reduction and % pen. To get the same penetration effect as before when just going Exe and maybe one flat pen item, you'll need to itemize differently and likely build inefficiency in w/ Exe + % pen, or skip Exe and go with flat and % pen items only.

A bit later today, I'll theorize with build combinations to build in decent pen.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by newbiemj » June 26, 2020 11:12am | Report
I mean most people were building exe and titans together anyways so actually doesn't the nerf to exe make the %pen from items not as inefficient? Since its takes less protections from exe and gaining that by the %pen?

newbiemj
<Punch Time!>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 26, 2020 1:06pm | Report
I don't think most were building Exe and Titan's together at this point. That's a popular combo for a Qin's build (late Titan's), but less so for a crit build.

But yes, a lower Exe % means less inefficiency for % pen items.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » June 26, 2020 2:15pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

I don't think most were building Exe and Titan's together at this point. That's a popular combo for a Qin's build (late Titan's), but less so for a crit build.

But yes, a lower Exe % means less inefficiency for % pen items.

So, basically, even with the attack speed from The Executioner, when looking for what exe provides do you feel like Stone Cutting Sword is going to pick up a lot more usage? Exe is still going to have the attack speed as well....with the protections + the pen SCS still does have +7 movement speed, it seems like to me that will be the case. Maybe a case of overwhelmingly more pen plus the extra popularity is going to shunt exe to the side specifically for SCS? Until Serrated Edge gets price nerfed(which just looking at it, i don't know how it won't) Initially i am thinking that it plus SCS would be a pretty good pairing. At the point the patch goes live, which item do you think qin's will get the most benefit out of now?

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 26, 2020 2:17pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

I mean, literally almost everyone at high level ranked and pro play was going a cookie cutter crit build that had both, especially because tanks were running spectral so the pen was even more necessary. Devos Ninja Exe Rage (previous 2 in either order) Wind Demon Poisoned Star Titans Bane.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 26, 2020 2:19pm | Report
silentshell wrote:

So, basically, even with the attack speed from The Executioner, when looking for what exe provides do you feel like Stone Cutting Sword is going to pick up a lot more usage? Exe is still going to have the attack speed as well....with the protections + the pen SCS still does have +7 movement speed, it seems like to me that will be the case. Maybe a case of overwhelmingly more pen plus the extra popularity is going to shunt exe to the side specifically for SCS? Until Serrated Edge gets price nerfed(which just looking at it, i don't know how it won't) Initially i am thinking that it plus SCS would be a pretty good pairing. At the point the patch goes live, which item do you think qin's will get the most benefit out of now?

Stone Cutting is a melee only item, not really part of the question if we're considering hunter builds.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 26, 2020 3:20pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

I mean, literally almost everyone at high level ranked and pro play was going a cookie cutter crit build that had both, especially because tanks were running spectral so the pen was even more necessary. Devos Ninja Exe Rage (previous 2 in either order) Wind Demon Poisoned Star Titans Bane.

Ahhh, I didn't realize they were doing this.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » June 26, 2020 4:08pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Stone Cutting is a melee only item, not really part of the question if we're considering hunter builds.

Sorry, was in a hurry when i typed, for warrior and assassin then?

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 1, 2020 6:37pm | Report
Updated PTS Changes for Mid Season: https://www.smitegame.com/news/mid-season-update-7-7-notes/#pts-balance-changes
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » July 2, 2020 7:51am | Report
Well, ratatoskr crit was fun while it lasted

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }