Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mid-Season | 7.7 Update Notes (w/ 7.6 Bonus Balance)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Mid-Season | 7.7 Update Notes (w/ 7.6 Bonus Balance) 43 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 25, 2020 7:36am | Report
That is unclear. It would be very strong if it allowed you to gain 60% pen with the other items, however it would be slightly weak for other users except for ability based assassins.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » June 25, 2020 9:07am | Report
Also the healing increased by Hecate Ring stack with Caduceus/Asclepius or not?

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » June 25, 2020 1:33pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

https://www.smitegame.com/news/mid-season-update-7-7-notes/

"Hide of the Nemean often served as a counter item with some negative feels. While limited duration reflects exist, a passive always on reflect makes playing around such an effect frustrating and made finding a balance point that made the wielder and enemy difficult. We are changing the passive to instead block a Basic Attack every 15s. This gives tanks control of when to approach the Hunter and provide a decent amount of mitigation over the course of a single fight."

" Removed Passive
NEW Passive: Every 15s this item generates a block stack for the owner. Max 1 Stack."

Basically it's trash now, despite already being underwhelming from past nerfs.

Seems like a really big nerf to a already underwhelming item, I do agree, it is indeed trash now. Sad really, a buff would have been needed. Well gonna have to edit my guide a bit again considering Athenas passiv already does that just better.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » June 25, 2020 1:44pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

That is unclear. It would be very strong if it allowed you to gain 60% pen with the other items, however it would be slightly weak for other users except for ability based assassins.

If they are making a focus to do so much reworking on items and shift emphasis from pen, then I would imagine that they would not allow any physical pen over the capped pen% of 40. Have they been allowing flat pen to raise pen % over the cap on the magical power side?

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 25, 2020 1:58pm | Report
silentshell wrote:

If they are making a focus to do so much reworking on items and shift emphasis from pen, then I would imagine that they would not allow any physical pen over the capped pen% of 40. Have they been allowing flat pen to raise pen % over the cap on the magical power side?

Percent pen, flat pen, flat reduction, percent reduction are 4 different things.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » June 25, 2020 7:09pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Percent pen, flat pen, flat reduction, percent reduction are 4 different things.

Yes, but it can be calculated out what basically the full percentage of pen would be counting all of those by doing some number crunching right? So then, my premise would depend on if they have let all of those allow you to reach numbers higher than their stated % pen cap all this time, which i didn't know if that has been the case or not the whole time i have been playing. I don't like to number crunch like that when i just want to enjoy a game, but i brought it up out of curiosity.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 26, 2020 1:07am | Report
It does as the stat % pen is capped at 40% (only the Obsidian Shard passive allowing it to hit 50%) not the stat pen itself.

So in case, you have 30% pen and 30 flat pen (aka the current mage meta build ignoring ob shard passive) against a Lvl 20 squishy (48 magic prot) the calculation looks like this:
48*.7=33.6 prot left
33.6-30= 3.6 prot left

So as you can see you penetrate 92.5% of their prot.

Like Kriega said they are 4 different stats reduction only being capped by your opponents' protection (as far as I am aware negative prot does not exist in Smite).
Then we have % pen that is capped at 40% and flat pen that is capped at 50 independently of each other.

The priority order of pen applying being:
1. % Reduction
2. Flat reduction
3. % Pen
4. Flat pen

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by newbiemj » June 26, 2020 9:48am | Report
Hecate is going to be nuts on sol with her passive as well

The sledge is so bloated and will be good.

With the shift of physical pen, I think tanks will focus on health than protections as they will get shredded by crit and penetration.

newbiemj
<Punch Time!>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 26, 2020 9:54am | Report
newbiemj wrote:

With the shift of physical pen, I think tanks will focus on health than protections as they will get shredded by crit and penetration.

Crit just got heavy nerfs though, didn't it? They nerfed both Exe and Titan's Bane. The new "antiheal" crit shuriken has bad stats without a good DPS / Utility passive, unlike Wind Demon and Poisoned.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by newbiemj » June 26, 2020 10:04am | Report
Yeah but with the addition of physical % penetration in numerous items now won't that counter the nerfs?

newbiemj
<Punch Time!>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (12)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }