Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

3.13 PTS Patch Notes | Valkyrie Reloaded | July 13th

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » 3.13 PTS Patch Notes | Valkyrie Reloaded | July 13th 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » July 15, 2016 10:10am | Report
Freya Visual Update

Freya

Northern Light Freya

Valkyrie Freya

Freya Masteries

New God Skins

Land Shark Sobek

Challenger Nu Wa

Ace Nu Wa

Releasing on July 26th, 2016

Vulcap'n Redbeard Vulcan

Briar Queen Artemis

Raven's Throne Odin

Fafnir Masteries

Achievements

Awilix

Pretty Kitty

As Awilix kill an enemy God with the damage when you jump from Suku.

Get Over Here

As Awilix pull a knocked up enemy God to you using Gravity Surge.

Erlang Shen

Tortoise Power!

Knock up 3 or more enemies using the turtle form of 72 transformations.

Undefeated!

While using 9 turns Blessing heal yourself using your ultimate while below 10% health.

Freya

That Was Close

As Freya kill an enemy God using Valkyries Discretion while you are at 15% health or less.

Banished

As Freya banish three or more enemy Gods with a single Banish.

Misc
  • God Achievements now show on the specific god’s page.
  • Fixed an issue with a tower on Conquest not properly firing at enemies standing in a specific spot.
  • Fixed an issue where the “Play Again” button would not show after a match.
  • Fixed an issue with Easy AI’s having cooldown reduction.
  • Fixed an issue where some projectiles were incorrectly hitting past their intended maximum range.

Summer of Smite 2016
  • New content being added:
    • Land Shark Sobek
    • Challenger & Ace Nu Wa: Challenger Nu Wa will be available on 7/26. Ace will be available in the Challenger Bundle released on 7/26.
    • Bonus Item: Merdusa Pedestal (Release on 7/26)

Item Changes

Ancile
“We want Ancile to serve as an item that allows Physical characters to have a more direct and aggressive counter to mages. By reducing the cost, this item should have an easier time being utilized in various builds.”
  • Decreased cost from 22002000 gold.

Glowing Emerald
“We are reducing the cost of items in the Glowing Emerald Tree to make them more attractive.”
  • Decreased cost from 700600 gold.
  • This also means that all items in the Glowing Emerald Tree will cost 100 gold less.

Mark of the Vanguard
“With our most recent adjustment, this item provided too much sustain for the amount of damage mitigated, leading to us removing the HP5 from MotV. Watcher’s Gift is now more clearly the sustain starter item for Warriors or Guardians while Mark of the Vanguard is for direct mitigation and aggressive gameplay.”
  • Removed the HP5 from this item.

Potion of Magical Might
“Over the course of Season 3, Power Potions have become a hot topic for both the community and the competitive scene. After receiving feedback at all levels we are working on an overhaul to Power Potions that will solidly focus them towards the mid and late game and no longer make them a part of starting builds. With this goal in mind, we have decided to temporarily remove the items until 3.14, when they will have a new design. We feel that removing them now will more accurately reflect the game state of 3.14, where they will be an option in the mid game instead of a requirement at the start of the game.”
  • Temporarily removed from the game as we redesign the item for 3.14.

potion of physical might Potion of Physical Might
  • Temporarily removed from the game as we redesign the item for 3.14.

Runeforged Hammer
“Similar to Ancile, we like Runeforge serving a specific role which is to allow players who build into or have slows to provide a powerful utility to themselves and their team. While effective the stats the item provided were not enough to justify the high cost and low stats it came with.”
  • Decreased cost from 26502400 gold.
  • Increased Physical Power from 3040

Soul Eater
“Soul Eater overall has been over performing as a sustain and healing item. We are reducing some of this effectiveness in this patch.”
  • Removed .5% Lifesteal bonus per stack.
  • Decreased Healing when stacks are consumed from 1.5%1% of max HP per stack (30% total20% total)

Watcher's Gift
“Watcher’s Gift should enable gods in the early game to rely on sustain instead of raw survivability. We have added 5 HP5 to make the sustain more reliable and adjusted the Mana and Health returned on this item to compensate. Overall with this change Watcher’s Gift will provide more Health and Mana during the laning phase.
  • Added 5 HP5.
  • Decreased Heal from each passive trigger from 107
  • Increased Mana Heal from each passive trigger from 57

God Changes

Aphrodite

Center of Attention
  • New Passive Meter.

General
  • Fixed Aphrodite Beach Babe Lobby Emote FX issue.

Cabrakan

“Cabrakan has been smashing up the battleground after his recent adjustments. The changes made him a bit too tanky relative to his increased damage. In this patch we adjusted Refraction Shield, lowering the base damage slightly and lowering the overall protections he gains conditionally to compensate for his passive mitigation. Additionally, Tectonic Shift is now more consistent in how many hits it takes to destroy, allowing for better readability and counterplay when against Cabrakan.”

Refraction Shield
  • Decreased damage from 100/160/220/280/340100/155/210/265/320.

• Decreased Protections per stack from 4/5/6/7/82/3/4/5/6.

Tectonic Shift
  • Changed number of hits to destroy walls from 2/3/4/5/63 at all ranks.

Erlang Shen

General
  • Added Emotes.

Fafnir

Underhanded Tactics
  • Fixed an issue where this ability would stun improperly.

• This ability should now properly only hit the closest god.

Guan Yu

“Guan Yu had a major adjustment last patch and after watching his performance we want to make sure he is still healing for an impactful amount while allowing him to use his new passive more often.”

Painless
  • Decreased the number of hits to max stacks from 3020.

Conviction
  • Increased Healing from 50/80/110/140/17065/95/125/155/185.

Mercury

“Mercury is a character who excels in situations where he can get in and box his opponents or isolate them into 1 on 1 scenarios. By increasing Maximum Velocity’s duration in his early ranks as well as making Special Delivery pack more of a punch in late game scenarios, Mercury will be better equipped in these favorable scenarios.”

Maximum Velocity
  • Changed duration from 3/3.5/4/4.5/5s5s at all ranks.

Special Delivery
  • Increased Physical Power scaling per tick from 15%20%.

• Increased Physical Power scaling for minion damage from 60%80%.

• Decreased mana cost from 70/75/80/85/9060/65/70/75/80.

Rama

“Rama is one of the premier basic attack hunters who was affected by the removal of Golden Bow. He is getting an upward adjustment this patch on Astral Strike to maximize his basic attack strength.”

Astral Strike
  • Increased bonus damage from 10/20/30/40/5015/25/35/45/55.

• Increased Slow duration from 1s2s.

Thor

General
  • New Passive Meter.

* Source: the official Patch Notes

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 15, 2016 10:39am | Report
Nice!

Rama gets buffed while you leave Jing Wei and Artemis to cry in their graves...

in all seriousness though, these skins are amazing, Freya looks hawt and NO MORE ****ING PP Soul Stone Scylla!
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 15, 2016 10:43am | Report
Yay for pretty much all of these.
  • Hooray for my Freya!!!
  • Looks like Soul Eater is going back to being under Asi. Way to nerf this one into the ground.
  • Nice price drop on Runeforged Hammer.
  • Holy ****, Ancile is cheap. What IS an "ancile" anyway???
  • Potions of Might: Awesome, I never liked using you anyway. Good riddance as a starting item.
  • Okay, so Rama buff = *head scratcher* Oh wait, it pisses Ducks off because they ignored Artemis, so that's okay.
  • Love the change to Guan Yu...super easy to get full stacks, and a boost to his healing is appreciated. Happy, Stuke?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 15, 2016 10:49am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

[*]Okay, so Rama buff = *head scratcher* Oh wait, it pisses Ducks off because they ignored Artemis, so that's okay.

F U Bran ;(

y u do dis to mah Artemis ;(

we get it hirez, you like the blue man group, but plea ;(
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 15, 2016 11:05am | Report
You're right, Ducks...they killed Golden Bow so you're already not as deadly early game (not that you can't still secure kills). So the least they can do is appease you with Artemis by giving her a bit more help with wave clear to keep her viable. It was your birthday, after all...
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » July 15, 2016 11:11am | Report
Oh that buff to Guan Yu stacks is great, was really frustrating after his passive rework; actually I'm afraid he might become very strong and everyone will start to play him all of a sudden.

Rama, hmm okay I guess but it's not like he needed that.

Potions gone, Golden Bow gone- interesting method of solving problems recently...
...can we just remove Ao Kuang from the game then?

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » July 15, 2016 11:38am | Report
I wish. How about just get rid of items entirely and lets see how that goes lol

EDIT: they couldv'e just decreased the base lifesteal and attack speed from Soul Eater and left the lifesteal from stacks, and then decreased the heal from 30% to 25% so it can be worth it as a survival item, and leaves Asi as an item for boxing. Goddammit Hi-Rez if I can balance these items and you cant something is wrong.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » July 15, 2016 11:49am | Report
No one addressed Mercury was Golden Bow that key for him? There are a million other speed boost items that work well.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » July 15, 2016 11:56am | Report
It was crucial for him to stay relevant in the early/mid game (mainly about clear); after 2 games I can tell that he's considerably weaker there- but when he goes to his late he's still good, just harder to achieve.

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » July 15, 2016 12:42pm | Report
That Freya update was WAY overdue. I'm getting kind of worried that HiRez is losing hope though. Golden Bow and the purple/red pot starts were overpowered, but just removing them entirely?
But I am happy about the
DucksRock wrote:

NO MORE ****ING PP Soul Stone Scylla!

Maybe they can buff Eset Jing Wei Artemis now.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }