Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

3.13 PTS Patch Notes | Valkyrie Reloaded | July 13th

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » 3.13 PTS Patch Notes | Valkyrie Reloaded | July 13th 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 15, 2016 12:54pm | Report
Remember though, they're not removing the potions entirely. They're revamping somehow to make it more of a mid/late-game pickup. Not sure how they'll do that. Higher cost but maybe longer time, or permanent boost (not sure how they'd work that)? Add some other effects? How do they block it from being an early pickup? Completely ban from buying before X level? Just make it too inefficient as an early item?

One of Freya's neat, unique things is the AOE on her Pulse. Giving that ability, however powerful or nerfed, to ANY other physical god that wants it...I think it was a horrible idea to begin. So, in a way, getting rid of it altogether or just taking out the AOE effect is essentially the same, good idea to me.

The question then becomes...if you DO keep the item, what stats do you give it to be a unique item, open up build pathways, but not give some kind of crazy early advantage to hunters?

The 10% move speed (or maybe just 8%) would be fine, I think, because then you can add other move speed items besides Boots to again open up build pathways...with Fatalis, Heart, Masamune and other items, it gives multiple ways to get normal move speed, which is nice, though I'm sure the balance still needs to be tweaked.

How much power? Add crit back in, even if only minor (e.g. 5-10%)? Something else has to be added, otherwise it's too similar to Heartseeker. They probably got stuck with this, which is why it was just easier for them to completely remove.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » July 15, 2016 1:00pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Remember though, they're not removing the potions entirely.

Right, we're getting them back on Update π.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 15, 2016 1:03pm | Report
Technotoad64 wrote:

Maybe they can buff Eset Jing Wei Artemis now.

Jing Wei and Artemis need a buff, Eset will probably even get stronger cause she now has probably the highest early game pressure of all the midlaners.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » July 15, 2016 2:11pm | Report
Well from my experiences Eset was the most dangerous when starting a pot, and if it's really going to be removed as a starter option then Talon Trinket Anubis will be feared again <3

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 15, 2016 2:14pm | Report
Scylla was also pretty scary early, right?

Daelinn, the moment you've been waiting for is back...here boy, sit! Stay! Good boy. DAMMIT Anubis, don't pee on me!!!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » July 15, 2016 2:23pm | Report
They shouldve just made Golden Bow do something with critical items. That can add it back in with a new name and passive, since there IS a crit item just in its own tree, which is annoying.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » July 15, 2016 2:30pm | Report
I guess it probably depends on the matchup but for me Scylla was well balanced before they randomly buffed her (I believe it was also some scaling on Sic 'Em?)- quite recently I played one game where I was forced to go Purification first because of Fenrir jungle + Ares on duo, and later I took Blink for luls.

I got to really regret not having Sanctuary, when Scylla after being destroyed the whole game made it to her late and everyone went boom. Not even stacked Warlock's Sash and Bulwark of Hope were enough to stop this.

EDIT:
About the Golden Bow- I think it was alright back when Throwing Dagger didn't have the AoE passive? Maybe a bit unfair with lucky early crits but it was mainly a Mercury item regardless.

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » July 15, 2016 4:32pm | Report
They should do some things to Mercury 1. His 3 changes dont help him at all.

For one, make the radius a set amount, instead of leveling it to make it bigger.
Increase the damage a bit for his early game.
INCREASE the mana cost.
Edit his passive to have a small Golden Bow attachment to all basic attacks, which will in turn affect his 1. Make the radius the same as Golden Bow and only make it so the surrounding enemies take 50% damage ONLY.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 15, 2016 10:17pm | Report
Scylla was overpowered. she was the most powerful goddess in the game according to Incon until Ratatoskr and Susano showed up.

and Eset will be more dangerous cause she still keeps her early lane pressure while others don't.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }