Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Guides and stuff

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Guides and stuff 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » May 20, 2017 5:11am | Report
So I've been gone for a long time now, and I just wanted to see what people are interested in seeing.

My plan is to update some of my old guiders at least.
  • My guide for counter jungling
  • My Ne Zha guide
  • A short guide for jungling that I was working on for like 2 years ago
  • A guide for Hun Batz that I've been working on since I came back
  • A quick guide for ranked
  • A basic guide for warding an map awareness
  • A general item guide for situational items and when to build them
  • Other content that people request

All feedback is appreciated.
Cheers Marki
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » May 20, 2017 6:56am | Report
Those seem very interesting. Just remember that overld1 did a guide about the least picked items in smite (I don't know if that's what you call situational, just warning you)
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 21, 2017 8:36am | Report
Ithink he wants to make an item guide that I believe already was made by zilby just before I left.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » May 21, 2017 10:58pm | Report
For the item guide I was thinking more like a building guide. When you should buy Mystical Mail instead of Watcher's Gift, some general builds etc.

Maybe add some optimal builds for gods as well.
Not many people build correctly, even in high level games. And it is just so annoying...

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 22, 2017 11:20am | Report
Yeah like zilby's (which I just found out is outdated).

Also I don't know if they finally fixed item building in smite (they were on a good path before I stopped). However it's very hard to item build. depending on the situation you're required to build differently in items and order.
don't forget: building correctly is opinion based.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 22, 2017 12:17pm | Report
Keep in mind I also have this guide: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/an-in-depth-discussion-on-item-choices-14522

Sure, building correctly is opinion-based and quite varied depending on a bunch of different factors, BUT...there are also some basic considerations of a build that are fairly steady as well, and those really should be understood. That's what I think an experienced player like Marki is talking about. Things like:
  • Boots/movespeed should be built early...main item #2 at latest.
  • Usually don't build extremely expensive items early...especially Rod of Tahuti. And there's very specific reasoning for that.
  • You don't usually build Qin's + Crit items.
  • Don't build quad crit...etc., etc.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 22, 2017 12:35pm | Report
Keep in mind it's hard to keep item guides up to date with the current meta. Offering general tips is easy (like when it's good to build Mystical Mail instead of Watcher's Gift), but updating whether or not it's a good idea at the current date is hard since it often changes patch to patch, and even between patches as the meta shifts for a lot of items.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » May 22, 2017 4:12pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

don't forget: building correctly is opinion based.

That is the thing though, builds should be 100% based on math and 0% based on opinions.
And that is why even in spl and worlds ppl build like trash...

Yes they are pro players and make money playing a game that I have trolled in the last 2 years. But after playing 2 weeks and making some research, my builds are better than most of the builds in the spl. Ofc i can not compete when it comes to gameknowledge (skill cd, awareness, presure, teamfighting etc).

But all you need to do is check smite guru, the popular tab in game and a few streams (DM is bae when it comes to builds tbh). Do some easy math on build power/sustain/defense and cost (early presure, snowball possibility etc.) and you will easily find an optimal build for each god/class.
Ofc there is situations where sacrificing some of your optimal build for a situational item will benefit you and or your team. But you have to know when the benefit your team gets from you picking up that situational item is greater than you having your optimal build.

The real problem comes when you for example is carrying a game super hard. The enemy team is 4 physical gods/AA based etc., but no one on your team are willing to build Witchblade or Frostbound Hammer. And you as a fed AF Thor has to go Witchblade or Breastplate of Valor etc. And you end up losing the game because you as the fed carry is unable to deal enough damage, because you felt forced to build what seemed like the teams best interest...

I have lost way to many games that way, because I trust in my team even if I am 15-1 at 20 min (exaggerating ofc).
But I'm getting better at beeing selfish in my builds (thanks to DM) and in my playstyle (thanks to Adapting). And actually telling ppl what to build. Even if it can be kind of uncomfortable to tell that top elo dude (who was "mr bigshot" in lobby/early game) how to build, it works most of the time in my experience.

But having to tell ppl what to build should not be necessary when the information is so readily available (you do not even need to calculate yourself).

And that is why I want to make a build guide.
Some roles are easier than others ofc., "yes I'm looking at you mid and adc",
Most of the guide will just be copypasta because i don't have the time or willpower to do it myself. I will ofc. proof test everything, and it will be the optimal builds in "my opinion", but as close to 100% based on math as I am able to make it (when i get around to it).
And i will as always be happy for all the feedback and help i can get. :)

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 25, 2017 5:11am | Report

builds should be 100% based on math

I'm going to say I agree on this. However it's pretty impossible to get that far. Even tho I feel like in smite it's easier to do this then in DotA or LoL, there are way to much factors, which also get adjusted each patch (so it's also a lot of work).

Most influential of your build order (especially as a support or solo) is the enemy team. Which is different every game. And I don't know how bad of an influence items can get (from yourself or enemy gods), however it can already have an big impact on a build.

And to end it of the other factor is how the game is going. A great example in LoL is already that if you're behind as a certain type of champion you could better build defense cause it's cheaper (poor smite tank supports). And in DotA the build order can be crucial (as in getting item 2 after item 3 of your normal optimal build)

You can call yourself lucky that smite has a less big of a problem of hitting timings then LoL and especially DotA (even tho it's a term mostly used in DotA) not having item X on time X can sometimes be crucial (especially when the enemy is hitting their timings)

The selfishness thing is something you just got to do in solo queue. Especially lower tier (that's why you see mostly AP sups in LoL or semi-sups (if you see sups) in DotA). And if you get forced to play teamlike then you have to find out which person is going to be your "anchor" aka the person that is going to win you the game. And you end up protecting him 24/7 (pretty much). (you also have the opposite tactics with assassins or other one shotters, were you want to kill the "anchor" of the enemy team.)

So I wish you good luck with making a guide of that magnitude. Probably needs an program/excel with all the possible stuff.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }