Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for Chronos mentor

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Looking for Chronos mentor 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DarkMatterGaming » June 11, 2015 6:54pm | Report
Hello, I was wondering how long it'd take for me to want to make a thread in this subsection... Recently I rented few Gods - Awilix (I'm terrible) and Chronos. While Awilix may be a pocket God for me to attempt in the future, Chronos' kit - a mage transitioning somewhat into a Hunter - is one that's insanely interesting to me.

...The only problem? I have no idea how to play him. When to rewind, how to effectively use his Skills - his 2 and 3 in particular - and overall how to deal as much as damage as I've seen him do in the long run.

Thank you for your time; my IGN is DarkMatterGames (I'm 95% sure!), and I'm in the EST timezone.
Nope nope nope nope no--

DarkMatterGaming

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 11, 2015 7:11pm | Report
Hi - I'm not much of a mentor, but I do know a lot about the mechanics of Chronos. So, Chronos isn't actually a mage who transitions into a hunter - he's much more versatile than that. Sure, that is a role he can fulfill, but he also does just as well as a regular burst mage, using Time Rifts to lay down the pain. If you want to play him as a hunter, though, there are two roles that Chronos works in for that purpose: solo and ADC. ADC is risky, especially in the Heartseeker meta, so I would stick to solo first.

Rewind is actually the most intricate part of Chronos' kit. It rewinds Chronos to the place, health, and mana he was at eight seconds prior, and resets all cooldowns. If you're going to Rewind, do so when eight seconds ago, you were at a (preferably much) higher health and mana level. Positioning is optional, but preferred. Also, the cooldown reset can be helpful. Stop Time Time Rift Rewind Stop Time Time Rift is a scary combo. However, you'll usually be using this for a pseudo-second life.

Stop Time is a stun. Use it for a stun. Pretty easy.

Accelerate is complex, so I'm not going to go into the Wheel of Time. The ability itself increases your movement speed and gives you Hastened Fatalis' passive. If you build hunter ( Demonic Grip, Telekhine's Ring, etc), use Accelerate as you would Greater Sprint on a hunter - that is, to move fast and hit faster. This also means that you will never need Hastened Fatalis itself.

Honestly, playing solo Chronos is pretty easy. Don't overextend, clear waves, land Time Rift for poke, then push towers when the enemy solo laner has rotated. Chronos is possibly the best mage in the late game, so once you get there, you'll hit like a truck. Hopefully this helped you - if it didn't, message me in-game or in a PM on here. My IGN is WolfWitch, and I can also talk on Curse.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 11, 2015 7:15pm | Report
Chronos is simple. Like, stupid simple. People like to wax on about how mastering his Wheel of Time and hitting with every single basic attack so so so crucial, but he's just like any other Smite god - CC, deal damage, win.

The only things that might be problematic are hitting your Time Rifts and autoattacks when you don't have your stun. And even then, it's pretty damn easy - about as easy as hitting with Nu Wa's old Flame Strike.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 12, 2015 3:24am | Report
fem didn;t go into his passive so I will do that.

His passive is bound to his Accelerate when you use it the pointer will stop and give the section bonus.

normally you use section 2 and 4 the most as early game the refund is really great and late game you become a monster with +35% magic bonus on your basics.

the other 2 sections are used less but still if you need healing you use section 1 and well if you are going burst mage you want section 3 instead of 4 but still chronos is more of an basic attack mage.

(note: section one is the top one and then it goes clockwise to the others)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DarkMatterGaming » June 12, 2015 12:21pm | Report
Oh my gosh, those were... really fast. I feel like I sort of wasted a post here...

Thank you everyone; Wheel of Time was the thing that really kinda got to me, and I'm going to look up a Build or two now to have an idea of where to go - but I really appreciate that you all did this.
Nope nope nope nope no--

DarkMatterGaming

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 12, 2015 1:49pm | Report

Oh my gosh, those were... really fast. I feel like I sort of wasted a post here...

Thank you everyone; Wheel of Time was the thing that really kinda got to me, and I'm going to look up a Build or two now to have an idea of where to go - but I really appreciate that you all did this.

this is pretty common people who know somethign will awnser when they come online.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DarkMatterGaming » June 12, 2015 2:53pm | Report
That doesn't mean I don't appreciate it any less.

I booted up Chronos in Joust Practice and... While the AI isn't great I do feel like I actually know what I'm doing now. The only things I have real trouble with is A. timing... Wheel of Time, B. knowing which Part to go after during WoT and C. what to build since some of the Guides are somewhat old on Smitefire.
Nope nope nope nope no--

DarkMatterGaming

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 12, 2015 9:17pm | Report
I think there are 2 ways to build chronos effectively :

Shoes of the Magi, Chronos' Pendant ( He does need he's own pendant. ), Polynomicon, Demonic Grip, Obsidian Shard and Rod of Tahuti

You can change poly with Divine Ruin if you're laning againts a healer.

Or :

Shoes of the Magi, Chronos' Pendant, Polynomicon, Spear of the Magus, Telkhines Ring and Rod of Tahuti.

Basically : You'll be hitting like a truck late game.

EDIT : It's IMO, of course there are other ways but... Yeah
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 13, 2015 9:16am | Report

C. what to build since some of the Guides are somewhat old on Smitefire.

chronos hasn't changed a lot some of the old guides are still have good builds.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » July 13, 2015 11:22am | Report
Pythagorums piece is also excellent on him as his basics have single target lifesteal and they hit hard so you have the same lifesteal capabiljties as a hunter and 110 power is still really great plus cooldown

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }