Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Which role do you main? Why?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Which role do you main? Why? 33 posts - page 1 of 4

Poll Question:

Role?
Solo
Jungle
Mid
Support
Carry
Fill
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » January 20, 2019 5:40am | Report
Which role do you main? Why?

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 20, 2019 7:47am | Report
I main mid because it’s my most enjoyable role, it was my first role in conquest, I play mages more than other classes, it’s more fun than ADC/Support/jungle, there’s more viable mage picks in mid than solo, you’re conveniently in the middle of the map (both good and bad). In casuals it’s fun to play off-role Mid picks like Achilles mid.

But only playing a single role is a very bad thing, and you will learn this when you play ranked. One of the things that triggers me the most in ranked is to find out from a team member "I only play X role".
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 20, 2019 8:02am | Report
Although my main character is an ADC I feel more comfortable playing in Solo, followed by Mid, the funniest role. The role I most dislike is, ironically, Carry.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » January 20, 2019 8:58am | Report
I'm trying to be a jungle main as I have tons of fun playing assassins. I'm not very good but I'm trying to get better. My second best/ favorite role is Carry.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 20, 2019 10:40am | Report
To this day I play way more teamfight modes (Arena, Clash, Joust) than Conquest, and that's mostly due to playing with friends, friends' mode preferences, and usually not having a full 5 man team. I do love Conq, though.

In teamfight modes, I play with Taco more than any other. It's a positive and a negative. He's such a good player, that I usually default to letting him play whatever he wants (which is usually not the tanks, though he does those well also). Give him the damage players, and I'm usually left with the tank roles. When we're with others, depending on who's with us, it allows me to play other roles...Boogie and Gulf, for example, prefer tanky roles. I enjoy all other classes in that respect...hunters, mages, assassins.

Also in playing with Taco, he strongly veers the matchup to something more difficult. I find when I play without him, it's almost always a lot easier.

In Conquest, I'm most comfortable in the Duo lane, probably due to playing those teamfight modes and being used to having someone else with me. Again, I probably have the most experience in the tankier roles, thus Support. I feel perfectly comfortable as ADC, though, and to be honest like that better than Support. But I'm a team player, and will play whatever role is needed.

I feel least comfortable in the Jungle. It's typically close to a disaster anytime I play Jungle. I enjoy mid and solo, but again, mostly don't play those roles...others usually want them.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » January 20, 2019 8:04pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:
But only playing a single role is a very bad thing, and you will learn this when you play ranked. One of the things that triggers me the most in ranked is to find out from a team member "I only play X role"

Agreed. This is what causes people to steal roles

I'm trying to be a jungle main as I have tons of fun playing assassins. I'm not very good but I'm trying to get better. My second best/ favorite role is Carry.

I hate playing jungle in ranked. You get blamed for everything

xmysterionz wrote:
Although my main character is an ADC I feel more comfortable playing in Solo, followed by Mid, the funniest role. The role I most dislike is, ironically, Carry.

Same, I hate carry.

Branmuffin17 wrote:

I feel least comfortable in the Jungle. It's typically close to a disaster anytime I play Jungle. I enjoy mid and solo, but again, mostly don't play those roles...others usually want them.

Agreed. I hate playing jungle. I actually like playing mid but everyone wants it

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » January 20, 2019 8:18pm | Report
Solo, I don't trust anyone to help me nor should they trust me to help them.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » January 20, 2019 8:38pm | Report
Stuke99 wrote:

Solo, I don't trust anyone to help me nor should they trust me to help them.

Late game?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 20, 2019 8:49pm | Report
boogiebass wrote:

Late game?

Late game, depending on how the match has gone thus far, you can find Stuke in a corner of the map, either drinking bleach or... ___________________. (You fill in the blank)
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » January 20, 2019 9:05pm | Report
Strengthening his left forearm, while using his right hand to play.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }