Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

To Fatalis on Medusa or to Not

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » To Fatalis on Medusa or to Not 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 9, 2017 11:07am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Some will argue that Fatalis is not necessary for any hunter. Some of those hate the idea of Fatalis and that it brings in a gameplay effect that "allows n00bs" an easier time. Others are purists of a type and think that if you're good enough, you shouldn't need it. Finally, some just feel it cuts too much into certain stats that they feel are more critical to overall effectiveness.

AKA the S1 mentallity.

IMO the item is a bit flawed. it gives more power to ranged gods then melee gods.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 9, 2017 11:24am | Report
Devampi wrote:

IMO the item is a bit flawed. it gives more power to ranged gods then melee gods.

What about Kali and Bakasura?

And if an item favors one type of god over another...isn't that why there are different items, different kits, etc? What about Masamune, Stone Cutting Sword, etc.? Those favor melee gods...mainly because ranged gods can't even use them.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » July 9, 2017 11:24am | Report
Yeah, but ranged gods do have the disadvantage of travel time on their auto attacks, which makes it easier to dodge than melee attacks... Unless you're me, who can't even hit melee attacks when playing SMITE on PC.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 9, 2017 12:25pm | Report
if we're talking about high lvl play hitting basics is something that will happen almost always, so good luck getting away. and like you also said hitting melee isn't always easy also.

Bran melee gods need to get close. Which can be damn hard unless you use a gap closer (and for your examples if things turn sour for them they can't get out easily cause no movement ability for some time). this is always a disadvantage against ranged gods however with them also using fatalis even more. Even with a gap closer (cause travel time and predictions can still get an adc several free shots in and most have an escape too :/)

items that are limited to certain types of characters is mostly a design choice made by HR. If you ask me I would like old Heartseeker Ymir jungle back just so I can try it and see if the stories are true. They probably limited certain items just so there isn't a surprise when a (in this case) ranged god would pick up SCS and end up needing to nerf the item fully in the ground, making the goal of adding it as an assassin item worthless. (even tho I would say SCS can be considered really strong).

And that some items favor certain gods/kits is not a problem. it depends on the thing benefit it gives which IMO needs to be the same to the same kind of user. fatalis is used to stick to targets. However this is way harder for melee gods then ranged (especially if you are close range that missing one basic doesn't really matter because they will stay in range. so yeah it may be range dependent but still). This advantage fatalis gives is different then an ability focused item being better on an ability focused god then on a basic attacking god.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 9, 2017 1:53pm | Report
Good explanation, thanks Dev.

Sometimes these comparisons make me want to try out other MOBAs, but the top down view and control just drive me crazy.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 9, 2017 11:22pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Good explanation, thanks Dev.

Sometimes these comparisons make me want to try out other MOBAs, but the top down view and control just drive me crazy.

Takes some gettign used too. I don't know if you play normal rts games however that made it easier for me.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 10, 2017 12:03am | Report
I used to, but I was never a huge fan. Old school Starcraft, and some of the others.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 10, 2017 2:15am | Report
There may not be Hastened Fatalis for hunters soon.... Get ready for the mid season patch.

Edit: If you want a good RTS game try out the Total War game series.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 10, 2017 9:14am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Edit: If you want a good RTS game try out the Total War game series.

+1 even tho it's a partial TBS.

Also interesting haven't seen any patch notes tho.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 10, 2017 9:30am | Report
Patch notes should be Wednesday. I'm excited and scared.

Also I do have total war Warhammer but I think RTS is just not my thing these days.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }