Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

State of the Game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » State of the Game 33 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 10, 2015 9:33pm | Report
I'd imagine it was easier when S1 was flawed, but as you said "just sort of worked". Now with S2 being complete mess the community as a whole has really begun to realize just how broken it is.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 11, 2015 5:20am | Report
I normally don't like a lot of change and well yes I did see something liek this coming as S2 didn't feel conformable (probably wrong word) for me. That's why i sticked by assault a lot after the big changes.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » June 11, 2015 8:19am | Report
Eh. Smite is fine.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 11, 2015 8:45am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Eh. Smite is fine.

I don't know if the meta changed but somethign is wrong if you only have 2 classes in the meta. especcially because smite should be 1 from every class originally.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 11, 2015 9:42am | Report
Reddit agrees with Proxy: http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/39cf1u/prof_proxy_special_edition_state_of_the_game_part/
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » June 11, 2015 1:24pm | Report
Y'know, I haven't been playing recently but the article seems intelligent and, from what I can tell, the game's balance and meta have fallen to **** since I left.

I don't know the specifics, but I've drawn one thing from the patch notes and videos I've seen, and it's that Hi-Rez is being WAAAAAAAAAAAY too passive with their nerfs. Like it doesn't take a genius to see that picks like Bellona and hunters in general are overpowered as **** and need to be nerfed/changed radically, yet Hi-Rez is just doing baby steps.

I think the reason I preferred season 0 over 1 was that then Hi-Rez took more risks with their nerfs. Sure they over nerfed sometimes, and sometimes they overbuffed, but you at least felt like these changes meant something. Right now, it seems smite needs to take a break from patching for a bit, get as many intelligent ideas as possible and do a radical overhaul that will put it back to balance. I probably wouldn;t come back to it any time soon (league is too damn addicting) but it would nice to see the S0 Hi-Rez style of balancing I liked back. I don;t know enough about the game to make too much of an educated comment, so that's just my two cents.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » June 15, 2015 2:41pm | Report

Of course they do, he is a pro player.

I see this happen so much in MOBA's: People blindly follow pro players because what they say is law and anybody who deviate from the meta that pro players use is either a noob or a troll.

Let's say person a says that a champion needs a nerf and give legitemently good reasons to why said nerf is needed. People say that he is wrong and call him a noob, becouse only noobs want nerfs.

But then a pro player says the exact same thing, everybody just nod their heads saying: "That's brilliant!" "Why did nobody thing of this before!"

Sorry, this just really gets my goat.

And I have nothing against Proxy (His articles are pretty much spot on) or any pro player. Just the people that treat them like they are Jesus.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 15, 2015 3:14pm | Report
Not every pro player is spot on regarding meta and other factual or opinionated things, but I will kind of praise proxy simply because he's the most well researched and thorough pro player I've seen when discussing things of this nature.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 15, 2015 5:16pm | Report

Of course they do, he is a pro player.

I see this happen so much in MOBA's: People blindly follow pro players because what they say is law and anybody who deviate from the meta that pro players use is either a noob or a troll.

Let's say person a says that a champion needs a nerf and give legitemently good reasons to why said nerf is needed. People say that he is wrong and call him a noob, becouse only noobs want nerfs.

But then a pro player says the exact same thing, everybody just nod their heads saying: "That's brilliant!" "Why did nobody thing of this before!"

Sorry, this just really gets my goat.

And I have nothing against Proxy (His articles are pretty much spot on) or any pro player. Just the people that treat them like they are Jesus.

*weeps dramatically*

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » June 15, 2015 10:30pm | Report
Wtf with reddit. I love playing support, no sarcasm, being gold hungry but still able to make plays. However there is an exception. I don't like playing support in Smite.

First reason, the supports in smite is gold reliant. They need items to makes them good. In LoL, their abilities utilities are good enough that they don't need much gold. In DOTA2, they only need mana and they can counter that by using their skills as effective as possible.

Second, making plays in smite... Doesn't feel like play. Like, what, all i need is to blink, then frost breath with ymir or just belly jump and ult and puke with bacchus, etc. Many gods have just as many utility as them. In LoL, it feels so good to land all abilities as Leona. In DOTA2, landing a good CM ult feels so satisfying

It's just so ****ing stupid.

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }