Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

State of the Game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » State of the Game 33 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 10, 2015 8:20pm | Report
So I know we all had a long discussion on fixes and such to the game not that long ago, but a favorite writer of mine, Professor Proxy just came out with an incredibly thorough piece regarding the current state of the game, some "band-aid" fixes that could act as temporary fixes to the game as well as some more long term fixes of the core mechanics. Unfortunately the core mechanics fixes ends since this is only part 1, but I was curious what you all thought of it.

Article is here.
Part 2 is here.
Part 3 is here.

Personally, I agree with just about everything except for ridding proximity gold since this will starve supports even more, and because I believe it will cause increased snowballing for lane bullies.

Also, @Subzero, was really curious what your thoughts are on this article since this is generally one of your favorite topics of discussion.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 10, 2015 8:27pm | Report
Woahhhhh right on almost all the counts. Proxy read Sub's mind.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 10, 2015 8:35pm | Report
I only skimmed it, but holy ****, this guy's on the level.

I'm honestly too tired right now to read it more carefully, but it's like this guy is actually intelligent. Best of all, he mentions that S1 had some major flaws and only "just sort of worked," and seeing that sentence makes me feel so smugly vindicated that I can barely stand it.

His stuff...actually, most of his stuff, from what I can tell, is the EXACT same thing I've been telling people for YEARS. People who have actually been with me for years will verify that.

Warning: Profanity

**** all of you who kept telling me that Smite was awesome and a great game with few problems and that I was wrong about everything. **** you with a cactus up the *******.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » June 10, 2015 8:36pm | Report
I was gonna read it but then I saw "Smite player disintegrates into pile of salt"

Then I went back and read it, basically everything I was gonna say was said by sub, except the anal cactus part... I would have chosen a Sea Lion instead of a cactus.

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 10, 2015 8:40pm | Report
This is why prof proxy is my fave <3

Also the fact that he got to send this in a 21 page report as feedback directly to HiRez just feels so great. *silently wishes he gets a position on the balancing team*
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 10, 2015 8:42pm | Report
Holy ****, I know professor proxy is amazing but.

Removing Doom Orb and Heartseeker, we have discussed this many times, and I believe we all agree on it.

I just think that he's right on 97% of the thingies.

I agree with your point, zilby, that the gold thingie would make supports even harder.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 10, 2015 8:46pm | Report
Those stacking items do kinda need to go. Bad design.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 10, 2015 8:49pm | Report
One of the things I'm horribly bitter about is how no one agreed with me an year ago, before a professional fancy-smancy pro player talked about it.

I'm really glad about the new blood here.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 10, 2015 8:57pm | Report
You mean all us cool kids who enjoy playing a broken game until it gets fixed, but simultaneously realize how masochistic that is?
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » June 10, 2015 9:03pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

One of the things I'm horribly bitter about is how no one agreed with me an year ago, before a professional fancy-smancy pro player talked about it.

I'm really glad about the new blood here.

I agreed with you, sub.. :(

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }