Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

State of the Game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » State of the Game 33 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 15, 2015 11:24pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Wtf with reddit. I love playing support, no sarcasm, being gold hungry but still able to make plays. However there is an exception. I don't like playing support in Smite.

First reason, the supports in smite is gold reliant. They need items to makes them good. In LoL, their abilities utilities are good enough that they don't need much gold. In DOTA2, they only need mana and they can counter that by using their skills as effective as possible.

Second, making plays in smite... Doesn't feel like play. Like, what, all i need is to blink, then frost breath with ymir or just belly jump and ult and puke with bacchus, etc. Many gods have just as many utility as them. In LoL, it feels so good to land all abilities as Leona. In DOTA2, landing a good CM ult feels so satisfying

It's just so ****ing stupid.

This. So much.

It feels awesome to land that perfect Flash-Thresh hook on the enemy backliners, or the Monsoon that single-handedly changes the tide of a fight.

In Smite? Flash Geb ult. Or they beads and walk away.
There's hardly any skill involved. The depth of this game is ****. You just unleash your giant AoE CC and your team either follows up or doesn't. No skillshots to master. No precise strikes or well-timed blows. Just CC spam.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 15, 2015 11:44pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Eh. Smite is fine.

Smite is functional as a videogame. It fails as a competitive game.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 15, 2015 11:54pm | Report
^ at least in its current state yes
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 16, 2015 4:25am | Report
Eh, I find SMITE fun, that's honestly all that I care about. I'd rather have a fun but horribly unbalanced game than a perfectly balanced but stale and boring game (see: Pokemon ADV OU). I've also never really got the point behind stuff like this, since it's not going to really change anything and end up simply being complaining, which is never fun.

But then again, that's me, and I know a few people who like to complain for what seems to be the fun of it.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 16, 2015 8:04am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

In DOTA2, they only need mana and they can counter that by using their skills as effective as possible.

and if they do get enough money for items they can get really scary sometimes even scarier then the carry (earthshaker with a blink can be damn scary and if he has aghs even more)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 16, 2015 7:15pm | Report
Hold onto your butts Part 2

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 16, 2015 7:50pm | Report
So...still exactly what I've been saying.

Paraphrased:

Item builds are stupid all around, as boring items force people to buy simply the most stat efficient items possible, rather than the VERSATILE ****ING ITEMS THAT LoL HAS.

Base stats are a mess because physical > magical for some reason.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 16, 2015 8:41pm | Report
Basically in agreement with that, although base stats are a mess for other reasons as well.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 16, 2015 8:47pm | Report
I also said that base stats are messed up for two other reasons:

1: Why does Ares have almost the same base physical protections as Ullr?

2: Gods gain too much from levels, from base damage to CC ranking to cooldowns to base health and armor and such, making snowballing worse, since when you are less dependent on gold, you don't have to recall, meaning that snowballing's worse because you get a huge boost without even trading a little farm, giving less opportunity to recover.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 17, 2015 7:28pm | Report
Part 2...

Damn. That's everything that I have to say. Damn
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }