Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 6: Early Observation Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Season 6: Early Observation Thread 25 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » February 12, 2019 7:06am | Report

Yeah we PC players normally don't see a reason to surrender, except it's a clear defeat.

I noticed, but c'mon, there is a guy without items, spamming voice lines walking around intentionally dying for the enemy team, feeding them. If it isn't a clearly defeat I don't what is.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » February 12, 2019 8:31am | Report
I haven't seen any issues, granted I play on PS4 and Sony doesn't wanna play with everybody else so it's still the same Smite it's always been for me.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » February 12, 2019 10:50am | Report
Lucky you. I tried re-loading it last night after I told Malwarebytes that it wasn't spam and I was getting 1, yes 1, FPS. I'll wait until MB gets it whitelisted before I try again.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » February 12, 2019 11:23am | Report
Or get a new anti virus. Try AVG.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » February 12, 2019 11:51am | Report
Screw that noise.

Anyway, I just played a game of arena as Odin with both PC and Xbox players and, man, did we stomp the competition. That Sylvanus was on point with the healing and peeling. I know I've joked about console players in the past, but he was good.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 12, 2019 12:42pm | Report
Yeah, Myst, looking at the qualities of Ku, it doesn't look all that interesting. Extremely minor gold, and only a buff while under tower and when leaving tower for a few seconds...and mostly, they're things that won't have a huge effect when playing more defensively.

If solos have the chance to get the Totem, that could also mean they're outclearing (or maybe forced the enemy back). If they forced the enemy back, fine, Totem gives them something to do. But if they're outclearing, you're looking at a choice of either getting the Totem, or probably aggressing on the enemy Solo...and that's the likely better option.
  • +25 MP5 is fine and pretty nice, but you're likely to use more mana when you're being offensive/aggressive and poking a lot with abilities. Still, this is the more important stat of the two. Also makes up for when you don't buy Book of Thoth with its super high mana pool.

• 5% movement is fine, but unless they're diving you under your tower, it's not like it's going to do that much. Persists for 10 seconds after you leave tower range, so maybe it can help you get to one of the mid camps or something before it wears off, but isn't really all that great overall.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » February 12, 2019 3:35pm | Report
Bran I have to disagree with you on that. The MP5 for the other lanes is just amazing. In the mid games I played, when you have that Ku Buff, you're outpushing hard and outfarming, killing the enemy laner and the jungler. You can literally spam your entire kit for free cuz of that MP5.

I don't think it's THE BEST THING IN THE GAME, but it CANNOT be ignored.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 12, 2019 4:38pm | Report

Bran I have to disagree with you on that. The MP5 for the other lanes is just amazing. In the mid games I played, when you have that Ku Buff, you're outpushing hard and outfarming, killing the enemy laner and the jungler. You can literally spam your entire kit for free cuz of that MP5.

I don't think it's THE BEST THING IN THE GAME, but it CANNOT be ignored.

I don't care.

Okay, in all seriousness, this is what I mean. You're saying, when you have the buff, you're outpushing and outfarming. To GET the buff, you need to go in tower range. So, at least in that location, you're NOT pushing.

Sure, the buff lasts 10 seconds. Okay, that means you get 50 extra mana in that span, right? (25 MP5) That's...ONE extra cast, approximately. If you want the buff longer, and take advantage of the full minute, you could theoretically get 300 extra mana (on top of whatever MP5 you currently have). That's like 5 extra casts. That's not bad. But if you DO get the entire minute of the buff, you're not really pushing lane, because you're hovering around your tower a decent amount of the time. You might outclear and can probably take advantage to hit the mid-camps, you might be able to get in some extra poke, but I can't see that Ku buff by itself being the difference in allowing you to kill the enemy laner and jungler. Being able to use abilities to the extent you can poke them enough to force them to back so you can outfarm more? Sure, as long as the matchup works that way for you. But killing (when not considering they're staying out and in your range longer than they would if they knew better) typically means enhanced damage, and a bit of MS and MP5 is NOT power/pen.

Also, I'm not ignoring it...and I do make concessions that the MP5 helps when you're not building Thoth and whatnot.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » February 12, 2019 5:07pm | Report
Bran you're forgetting the character's own MP5, and (For mid and maybe the solo) Mage's Blessing, which gives 2 MP5 per 10% missing mana. So let's take into example Merlin. Merlin has 4,8 MP5, and gets 0,44 MP5 per level. Let's set him at level 4 (6,56 MP5). His base mana is 250, 470 at level 4. If he's at like 30 mana (only enough to cast the stance switch) and you get the Ku MP5 buff + MP5 from blessing, you're jumping from 6,56 MP5 to a whopping 49,56 MP5, which recharges your mana pretty quickly. Also, the first 10 seconds apply automatically, meaning you don't need to walk into tower range to get the buff when the Ku is done.

I dunno, I found it extremely helpful, even if it doesn't look like it in the numbers (Cuz remember, you're getting like 20-30 mp5 over the enemy laner)

EDIT: Also, don't forget you can use a Mana or a Multi Potion to also increase the amount of mana you're regaining.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 12, 2019 5:43pm | Report
Just pointing out that nope I didn't forget.

What's the key word?

Also, note for comparative purposes such as this, you don't need to factor in natural mp5 and mage's blessing mp5. You assume they have similar, and so you only look at the difference, which in this case would be the buff provided by Ku.

Also, my understanding what's that only gets activated when you go within Tower range. If you exit Tower range after that oh, it will stay with you for 10 seconds. You don't just automatically get the Puffs for 1 minute no matter where you are.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }