Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ravana Patch Notes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ravana Patch Notes 52 posts - page 2 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » June 24, 2015 9:21pm | Report
Apollo usually gets Fatalis 3rd instead of Ichaival or Executioner and usually works well for him
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 24, 2015 10:02pm | Report
Ok, comments from me.

Starting off, I think this means that mages and guardians are amazing right now, simply because Shoes of the Magi is so good after this patch. Doom Orb will reward early Freya, Ao Kuang, and guardian jungle players, and Freya will do amazing with the new Hastened Fatalis.

YES Eye of Providence **** YOU

Ok, so confusion about wards. Does this mean only 2 Wards or 1 Sentry Ward and 1 Ward at a time? Or is there a new limit on wards?

Otherwise, now Gold Fury is super important. I think most hunters are going to stick to the Devourer's Gauntlet build, since that didn't get super nerfed. ( Tyr is gonna be super strong cuz Magi's Blessing sucks) uh what? Secrets...

Objectives will take longer. Otherwise, not much here.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 24, 2015 10:52pm | Report
I actually really like sub/dawngate's idea of just removing boots entirely and giving people some normal damn movement speed. It seems like an extra item slot would just make the game better overall and free up most build variety (what are the negatives to this?)
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 24, 2015 11:19pm | Report
It reduces the amount of choice? Idk, I mean Shoes of Focus and Shoes of the Magi are kinda different, so you might need to pick your bonus before you get into game, but don't get me wrong, I agree.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » June 24, 2015 11:33pm | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

It reduces the amount of choice? Idk, I mean Shoes of Focus and Shoes of the Magi are kinda different, so you might need to pick your bonus before you get into game, but don't get me wrong, I agree.

Comparatively you get much more out of Shoes of the Magi than you do Shoes of Focus now that they added the 10 Pen.

You get more mana (which is always a persuasive thing to get for mages), you get more magic power, you get the same movespeed as the other boots, and you get 10 Pen which will help you deal with Warriors or Guardians much easier in the early/mid-game.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 24, 2015 11:33pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

I actually really like sub/dawngate's idea of just removing boots entirely and giving people some normal damn movement speed. It seems like an extra item slot would just make the game better overall and free up most build variety (what are the negatives to this?)

You wouldn't be copying a multi-million dollar company. That's the downside.

But in all seriousness, this is a fantastic idea. Boots are too damn limiting - just make a set of move speed items for guys who want move speed instead of forcing everyone to buy the same variation of the same item.

They're not even good variations. 20 less power for 15% attack speed, or pen for CDR. -_-

THIS is why boots are outdated - ALL of them are just simple stat efficiency, the only 'choice' being what would be best for your character in theory...but in practice, just whatever was the most stat-efficient.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » June 24, 2015 11:37pm | Report
So anyone else play Ravana in the PTS? What did you think about him?

Personally I think he is a fairly ok character, not horrendously OP but not stupidly strong either.

Major downside I feel is that compared to other Gods with "timed" passives his go away a lot quicker, which makes it a bit hard to make full use of his 1 when roaming.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 24, 2015 11:50pm | Report
@sasquatch, Shoes of Focus is still better when building full cooldown on gods like Chang'e, Janus, etc. It's about the process of getting CDR.

Ravana is ok as a jungler, terrible in solo. I wish he had better wave clear so I could play him solo but from his stats, I don't see it. No PTS experience though.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 24, 2015 11:52pm | Report
They are being bad/lazy with gods.

His passive is worthless except for one ability. This whole "passive might as well be a ****ing part of another ability" is ********, just like Conviction. It's just bad design, like they couldn't think of a REAL passive so they just slapped it on.

His one is the standard melee nuke with a damage ramper. Like, it is literally a slight variant of Overhand Smash or Power Cleave or Armored Umbrella.

His two is literally a Chaac ult, only a short dash. Or a Guan dash with DR.

His 3 is a variant of Thana's 1. Or Ares' Shackles. Like I said, lazy.

And his ult is Poppy's ult with a leap, only it's weaker with a shorter CD.

If they wanted to make him original, they should have given him copied abilities that don't copy the exact form and function of the original.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » June 24, 2015 11:55pm | Report
Wall of text
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }