Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Opinions on New Kali

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Opinions on New Kali 62 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » December 10, 2013 2:38pm | Report
Looks really interesting! Can't wait to see her in game, Kali was one of my favorite gods.

Edit: I love the new music. xD

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by alphacar » December 10, 2013 2:41pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Hate it in what way? Do you not like the direction they're taking her; do you think it's bad compared to the old one; do you think it's now too overpowered, etc. Kinda curious as to why

From what I concluded, Kali is one of Silver main gods. I guess he hate it because it was a change to a god that he liked playing. Kali is his grandma.

alphacar

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 10, 2013 2:45pm | Report
I'm sorry to bring up Chang'e in as my first subject, but I must point something out after reading these comments. She gained magical protections on her Crescent Moon Dance and the width of Waxing Moon was reduced to match her targeter. I honestly see her heal as more of a healing debuff application and a way to apply passives, such as Gem of Isolation, and I doubt many people actually realized her ultimate exceeded its visual boundaries. I still think they need to revert her to her original values and have her ultimate set its stun to 1/1/2/2/2seconds, but, hey, I don't work for HiRez.

As for Kali, I...I'll have to see how she works in-game. This is one of those things that seems brokenly overpowered (and probably is broken), but I really won't know until my hiney is violated by her tomorrow.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 10, 2013 3:25pm | Report

I'm sorry to bring up Chang'e in as my first subject, but I must point something out after reading these comments. She gained magical protections on her Crescent Moon Dance and the width of Waxing Moon was reduced to match her targeter. I honestly see her heal as more of a healing debuff application and a way to apply passives, such as Gem of Isolation, and I doubt many people actually realized her ultimate exceeded its visual boundaries. I still think they need to revert her to her original values and have her ultimate set its stun to 1/1/2/2/2seconds, but, hey, I don't work for HiRez.

Yes, her Crescent Moon Dance was definitely a buff, which I obviously think is nice, but honestly, it's something I could have lived without as well. The nerf to Waxing Moon is definitely a start, but I still feel it needs further working with. However, I see her heal just as a heal. Yeah, it damages now, and as you said, it adds the debuff and any passives from items, but I loved playing her as a support character, and it was her one skill I would focus on using most of the time. I would always be aware of my teammates around me and what they were doing, so I find it to be a shame that her healing is being further reduced, but that's just my personal opinion. I've always had a lot of fun playing her as a support, which, in my opinion, she was perfectly built for, minus her ult that still needs fixing. I would love to see her changed in the way you state because I feel it would fix her quite nicely, but then, I guess people are saying Hi-Rez stated that they were changing her from support to an actual mage. Definitely a shame in my eyes, but oh well, life goes on.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 10, 2013 3:32pm | Report
There's more to support than simply healing, though. Remember, she will now offer 40 physical and magic protections to allies, and proper building will potentially let you have 100% uptime on the slow from Gem of Isolation (as well as over team-benefits with other items). In addition, effective use of her Moonlit Waltz can provide very helpful aid to the team, such as nullifying an enemy Sobek's Charge Prey. You can also feel free to build Heavenly Agility, and it's not as if the heal is nonexistent. And let's not forget one of the most broken ultimates in the game, which is a high amount of support for her team.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that she shouldn't have had her healing reduced (and I also dislike the change to the skill, causing it to deal damage), and I much preferred playing her upon release. However, she is still fully capable of supporting her team (and, unfortunately/fortunately, wreaking havoc on the enemy team as well).

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 10, 2013 3:44pm | Report
Chang'e has an insane amount of utility on her spells, that doesn't mean she is or should be played as a support. She's in the same class as Eset. She's been a mage for a long time, and HiRez is pushing her farther and farther in that direction, probably because people keep trying to support her instead. She needs the solo farm so she can get huge and unkillable. Those extra protections, that extra heal, the gem slow, all of that stuff is 'more' deadly when she also chunks the entire enemy team's health.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 10, 2013 3:46pm | Report
Figured I'd post this here. I'm sorry for bringing this off-topic, Raventhor. I really am. Hopefully those after me will bring this back to Kali :P

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 10, 2013 3:53pm | Report
I understand that there's more to support than just healing. I mean, most gods, if not all, have some potential of support in the sense that a particular skill benefits others and not just yourself. For example, Merc's Special Delivery can be a support skill in that particular sense. However, I feel that a good heal is an important cornerstone to a character actually classified as a support, which Chang'e isn't anymore, so that doesn't really apply to her anymore. I mean, as just a mage, she'll do great and have at least some healing potential to help her team, as well as the protections. Her application of Gem of Isolation is definitely nice, and not all mages have it as easy to apply the debuff, so that's nice for her too.

She's definitely still capable of supporting, but I'm just not a fan of the constant nerfs to her heals. She's finally getting a bit of a nerf to her ult, but it still needs plenty of work. Yes, the added protections she's getting will be nice, and will offset the need to heal as much, but I'm not sure if I'll prefer the trade off. It could just be something that I don't like seeing on paper but being a lot different upon application in game. I'll just have to wait and see.

But yeah, seems like Chang'e has been discussed far more than Kali has been, lol.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 10, 2013 4:01pm | Report
Nice ult to beat the **** out of minotaurs.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 10, 2013 4:03pm | Report
Okay so basically they threw Kali out the game and put Tryndamere in smite?

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }