Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Opinions on New Kali

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Opinions on New Kali 62 posts - page 4 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 10, 2013 9:43pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

I don't like that they removed the lifesteal. She was practically unkillable in a 1v1 but now, not so much. But we'll see once the patch is up.

But I guess they gave what everyone wanted, a stun and leap. So that's cool.

The ultimate though is just a VERY weak version of what she had before. The only thing you could use it for is escaping, but that's still not a good option because she can still be stunned. :/

She has a lifesteal bleed on her 2 now. She's way better as a 1v1 now that she has a stun and a leap. She really didn't lose anything.

Also, her ult is for tower diving. I'm not totally sure how it works, but I don't think being stunned cancels her ult, does it? Either way, just pop that thing, walk under tower and you have 5 seconds to kill whoever is there; way more time than any assassin needs. If that person you're diving is your target, you just healed to full afterwards. It's a damage aura too, not an attack like her old ultimate. She does damage like Mystical Mark while she can still use the rest of her abilities. Like, what is any mage supposed to do?

Ghraf wrote:

Less of that ******ed healing **** is good enough of a nerf for me. Although, extra magic protection kind of balances it out so it's just the same as before.

It's really not though. Her heal still scales with her magical power, they didn't change that, they just took a few base points away It will still be annoying. She gets a free item worth of defense that she didn't get before, and she applies that buff to her minions in lane and her teammates later. She's the unquestionable top ban now, and that's with all the other OP stuff still around.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mailly92 » December 10, 2013 9:47pm | Report
GOLDEN ODIN HERE I COME!

Mailly92

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » December 11, 2013 1:37am | Report
I can't wait to try

Her passive is, odd. It sound really good, but since you have no control on how gets marked it seems like it might be a bit useless ( Ymir gets marked for death = Passive becomes useless).

Her Leap sounds really good, not only dose it actually give her mobility, but the damage and healing sound really good.

Lash seams cool and pretty balanced. They also totally stole my idea that Kali would gain lifesteal when attacking a bleeding enemy >:(

Incense seams pretty neat, don't know if its to good since I don't know for how long it stuns and how it travels. Personally I would like it to just apply de-buffs to enemies instead of stunning them (Slow, attack speed de-buff or a protection de-buff).

Her ultimate seems really dam good. Don't know if OP good or balanced good, will enjoy using it any ways!

Overall I'm really pleased with her rework and will enjoy using her.
I can't really say if she is OP or not: Thanatos sounded super OP, but turned out to be one of the most balanced gods releases. Nu Wa also seemed broken, but she balanced if not UP.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » December 11, 2013 2:08am | Report
Hi Tryndamere. We meet again.

Suicide bomber cookie cutter build!

Just like LoL, run in first diving on their carries, get slapped to no health, pop ult/beads, do as much dmg before fleeing. (Hope they have low CC).

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » December 11, 2013 4:57am | Report
Well... Kali just became totally OP character in 1v1...

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriwych » December 11, 2013 5:17am | Report
Honestly, I liked Kali how she was. I'll have to play with her to determine which I like more. Right off the bat I'm not too sure how keen I am on her 4, mind you it quickly turns into a 3, 1 escape when the Ult is about to wear off.

Kriwych

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 11, 2013 5:22am | Report
Her ultimate can be interrupted by hard CC. You'll still benefit from it, but you can still be stunned into oblivion.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 11, 2013 5:50am | Report
Today we will all be picking up kali, using her, then treat her like the little remodel she is

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriwych » December 11, 2013 5:54am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Today we will all be picking up kali, using her, then treat her like the little remodel she is

Kind of sucks as I am a Kali player. I can just imagine the cries in post game lobby.

Kriwych

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 11, 2013 6:06am | Report
New Kali is more shiny now. so SEXY. I like it! :D
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }