Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Opinions on New Kali

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Opinions on New Kali 62 posts - page 5 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriwych » December 11, 2013 8:13am | Report
Played a bit. Changes are ok, the 2 can be difficult to land. I noticed though that Ne Zha's 4 breaks Kali's 4 (I get lifted still even if I Ult'd prior to Ne Zha). Not sure if this is correct or not?

Kriwych

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » December 11, 2013 8:43am | Report
Ok. I'm hearing a lot of "get their tank marked, passive now useless" going around... but that's completely false. If you read the description carefully, you also get a lot of penetration against the target - so if their Ymir gets marked, you turn into a tankbuster like Thanatos. Seriously... say you have Asi, Warrior Tabi and Executioner. Their Ymir gets marked. You now have 70 phys. pen against him at level 20 AND can lower his protections the more you attack. Might as well be one of those mages in midlane...

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriwych » December 11, 2013 9:51am | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

Ok. I'm hearing a lot of "get their tank marked, passive now useless" going around... but that's completely false. If you read the description carefully, you also get a lot of penetration against the target - so if their Ymir gets marked, you turn into a tankbuster like Thanatos. Seriously... say you have Asi, Warrior Tabi and Executioner. Their Ymir gets marked. You now have 70 phys. pen against him at level 20 AND can lower his protections the more you attack. Might as well be one of those mages in midlane...

The thing is, I think in 5-6 games I actually hit my target and got the DB on them once. If people are running around trying to get the DB and focus the "marked" God they'll be in for a tough game. It isn't as if the random God stays the same the entire game, so you do need quite a bit of luck to actually get the entire benefit from the passive. The passive is far from worthless, at any point in the game, doesn't matter who is "marked". All in all, she isn't TOO bad and I suspect there will be a minor nerf if anything.

Kriwych

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 11, 2013 4:02pm | Report
I miss the severed head she had.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by hotmatrixx » December 11, 2013 4:10pm | Report
I'm a massive Loki player. I'm fearing this change. An assassin that can't be assassinated? I can deal 1000's of points of damage in a couple of seconds. No good if she is invincible, has a Stun, a Buff, and an escape that does damage! and then she kills me after I get her to 1%, and she goes straight back to 80%? That needs a nerf. Either that, or I am switching assassins.

hotmatrixx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 11, 2013 5:41pm | Report
The trick is not to blow everything into her if you know she has her ult. Remember without her ult her teamfight presence is iffy, so if she uses it offensively, punish her HARD afterwards.

If you're using your super burst ult on her when you know she has hers, you're going to lose. As a Loki player, her lifesteal is tied to her skillshot, and only if they hit you. Vanish+Aimed Strike in, retreat. If she ults, simply wait, if she doesn't, fall back and escape. Then she should have low enough health for an assassinate+AA combo to finish her.

Conversely, if you Vanish+AS combo her and she gets very low without ulting, you can pop your Assassinate to stunlock her into a kill.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » December 11, 2013 5:57pm | Report
TT gave me my first Kali loss since launch :( Good to finally see you ingame! haha, anyways.

So far I really like her changes. She seems very.. Bakasura. Gotta be careful how and when you engage. If done well she could easily leave with a quatra.. Or just feel useless.

Through test (Arena) I'm finding Ninja tabi> quin sais> H Fatalis> Titans bane> Eye of ret. To be pretty solid, and can shred most people. Eye is really the icing on the cake for her, only reason I get sais first is cuase I really feel it helps you finish the kill better.

Anyone ben able to test other builds? Lemme know.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 11, 2013 6:02pm | Report
I'd be careful with Eye of Retal. Sure, it works well with her ult having guaranteed 1 health, but it's still a stat-wise iffy item. That's why Bancroft is barely ever chosen - no utility. Bloodforge or Asi could work very well on her.

Would also suggest a nice Jotunn's Wrath. More penetration, and the CDR really tops her off, since she no longer has a steroid, and is a bastet/arachne-esque ***sasin: purely a caster.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » December 11, 2013 6:10pm | Report
Cool. I did think about Asi. Will definitely test it. But I did do Jotunn's my first couple games with her, although I did well, but didn't really find her much of a Ad caster, she seems more of a hard engage to me. Maybe it's preference.

Only reason I got Ninja Tabi, is cuase it's nice having her ult on a relatively short CD.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 11, 2013 6:22pm | Report
^_^ I felt like I was downrepping the site when I was going 0/2, but at least I stole a few kills from Fenrir to end up 8/3 xD That Vulcan was a beast with his knockback.

Anyhow, you seemed to attack extremely quickly, but overall you didn't seem to be very damaging by yourself. Maybe drop the attack speed a bit in favor of some more power?

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }