Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Opinions on New Kali

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Opinions on New Kali 62 posts - page 3 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 10, 2013 4:04pm | Report
It's hard to discuss Kali when we know nothing about her is the thing. I thought Nu Wa would be broken as hell at this time last week. There's usually a patch reaction topic around now, so most people are just venting over the changes opposed to speculating on something we know nothing about.

I assume giving a high damage assassin a heal, jump, 5s death immune aura 'and' a stun is idiotic, but who knows for sure?

For Chang'e, her ult has always been stupid, but her 1 is the real problem. It does too much damage, has too much utility, has too big of an AoE, and has too short of a cooldown. The fact that they're buffing it just means that HiRez really doesn't understand where she is at the moment.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 10, 2013 4:07pm | Report
How will you build kali?

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 10, 2013 4:10pm | Report
Guys can we keep it civil?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 10, 2013 4:10pm | Report
Phil725 wrote:

For Chang'e, her ult has always been stupid, but her 1 is the real problem. It does too much damage, has too much utility, has too big of an AoE, and has too short of a cooldown. The fact that they're buffing it just means that HiRez really doesn't understand where she is at the moment.

I actually had forgotten about this. I really would like to see Chang'e have her ultimate properly nerfed, and give her back her release values except CMD. I think it should apply on-hit effects but do reduced damage (and keep the new MP as well). I don't want a reduced protection effect or cooldown, but I could deal with a slightly reduced size. One problem I do foresee is problems with her waveclear, though.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » December 10, 2013 4:19pm | Report
New kali seems intresting! Im pretty keen to try her out!

I thought the same thing as icen when I read her ult descripton!

Also pretty annoyed that there are more wukong nerfs :(

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 10, 2013 7:13pm | Report
I'm more interested in the other parts.

So.. they nerfed Ah Muzen Cab's hives and Bees (in a previous patch), and then rebuff them in ths one? Seems like they're just grasping at straws at this point.

They nerfed Bakasura's base attack speed, :sadface:. Down to 1.6 from 2.0 is a lot.

Slap on the wrist nerf to Mercury isn't going to make a **** of a difference.

Tiny nerf to Chang'e, but better than nothing I guess.

Sad about the Baka nerf. The Kali rework seems kind of meh on paper, but hopefully that passive doesn't turn her into a huge ganking powerhouse because that is a lot of heal for the kill. She used to be near-impossible to kill around minions or jungle creeps because of her lifesteal and now she's got that heal, plus her ult. I guess the counter is going to be to bring Fist of the Gods or have a god with decent hard CC.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 10, 2013 8:18pm | Report
Ghraf wrote:

I'm more interested in the other parts.

So.. they nerfed Ah Muzen Cab's hives and Bees (in a previous patch), and then rebuff them in ths one? Seems like they're just grasping at straws at this point.

They nerfed Bakasura's base attack speed, :sadface:. Down to 1.6 from 2.0 is a lot.

Slap on the wrist nerf to Mercury isn't going to make a **** of a difference.

Tiny nerf to Chang'e, but better than nothing I guess.

Sad about the Baka nerf. The Kali rework seems kind of meh on paper, but hopefully that passive doesn't turn her into a huge ganking powerhouse because that is a lot of heal for the kill. She used to be near-impossible to kill around minions or jungle creeps because of her lifesteal and now she's got that heal, plus her ult. I guess the counter is going to be to bring Fist of the Gods or have a god with decent hard CC.

Just balancing stuff on AMC, really. I believe he performs really well in stuff like win rate and damage per game, which is what HiRez balances around. He's pretty much useless at higher levels and not played though. It's the Ares conundrum; he needs a buff, but he wins 60% of casual games because noobs stomp with him, so he won't get one. They can't seriously buff AMC (or leave him where he was 2 patches ago,) while he's stomping lower levels.

They buffed Chang'e though, not sure where you see a nerf :/ Her 1 >>> her heal, let alone a few base points vs 50 magical protections.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SuperTibzz » December 10, 2013 8:24pm | Report
The new Kali looks really absurd. Gank your deathmark, they jumped into tower? Oh no big, pop ult, have an eternity to towerdive, 80% heal when you get the kill so you can waltz out afterward. 5 sec of unkillable is crazy for an assassin that can 100-->0 somebody in considerably less than 5 secs. Also that leap, 80% scaling?

Obviously things might turn out differently in actual practice... but at first glance, she done look broke to me.

The other stuff I like. Nerfing the gods that everyone agreed needed nerfs (for the most part). You can argue the nerfs aren't big enough or w/e, but at least they're trying so I respect that.

SuperTibzz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 10, 2013 9:32pm | Report
I don't like that they removed the lifesteal. She was practically unkillable in a 1v1 but now, not so much. But we'll see once the patch is up.

But I guess they gave what everyone wanted, a stun and leap. So that's cool.

The ultimate though is just a VERY weak version of what she had before. The only thing you could use it for is escaping, but that's still not a good option because she can still be stunned. :/
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 10, 2013 9:39pm | Report
Phil725 wrote:

Just balancing stuff on AMC, really. I believe he performs really well in stuff like win rate and damage per game, which is what HiRez balances around. He's pretty much useless at higher levels and not played though. It's the Ares conundrum; he needs a buff, but he wins 60% of casual games because noobs stomp with him, so he won't get one. They can't seriously buff AMC (or leave him where he was 2 patches ago,) while he's stomping lower levels.

They buffed Chang'e though, not sure where you see a nerf :/ Her 1 >>> her heal, let alone a few base points vs 50 magical protections.

Less of that ******ed healing **** is good enough of a nerf for me. Although, extra magic protection kind of balances it out so it's just the same as before.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }