Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

lets make patch notes: warriors

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » lets make patch notes: warriors 148 posts - page 11 of 15

Poll Question:

who do we balence after nemesis?
vamana
chaac
odin
herc
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 14, 2014 2:43pm | Report
I think the best nerf for Tyr would be a higher cooldown for switching stances.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 14, 2014 6:14pm | Report
While Guan Yu is indeed fairly balanced, I think there should be a more balanced feel to his kit. For example, Taolu Assault and Warrior's Will are more like generic damaging skills, while Cavalry Charge is stupidly strong.

It makes him pathetic at levels 1-4, then absurd at level 5, then back to weak as other power levels catch up, then back to okay as the defense shred on Taolu Assault begins to mean something again.

I think his ultimate needs a nerf. Not in the damage - while strong, it's rather difficult to land, not to mention easily countered by a dash or sprint. The stun is a problem; 1.5 seconds by level 5 from a bruiser is a bit...eh.

For the sake of making his kit feel more consistent, I propose reducing the stun on his ultimate to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 seconds. But to compensate, the shred on Taolu Assault is changed from 3/4/5/6/7 to 4/5/6/7/8, and Warrior's Will slows from a flat 20% to 22/24/26/28/30%.

To summarize, there will be a slight reduction in stun time at early levels, but there will be slightly more defense shred. The most notable difference will be the upgraded slow, but that is also a minor change.

This will introduce more build paths, and grant utility to all three of his abilities, rather than two.

Is this change absolutely necessary? No. But does it help? In my opinion, yes.

And that's my opinion on Guan Yu.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 14, 2014 8:23pm | Report
Buffing taolu assault is not necessary, its powerful enough. If i wish to remove inconsistency in his kit, I would fiddle with cavalry charge. I really liked the old guan yu ulti where he somersaulted thrice but anyways cavalry charge is far more funny. Yes reduce the stun duration but make the horse deal knock up and damage to everygod in his path whether guan yu is riding or not.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 14, 2014 8:33pm | Report
BRING. BACK. OLD. GUAN. ULT. That is all.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 14, 2014 8:40pm | Report
Aphnex wrote:

BRING. BACK. OLD. GUAN. ULT. That is all.

What was his old ult? I wasn't in the community that long or I just didn't know

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 14, 2014 8:52pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

What was his old ult? I wasn't in the community that long or I just didn't know

Wana enjoy old guan yu! Watch this :p
Awsm Guan...
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 15, 2014 12:11am | Report
Like am I the only one that thought old Guan Yu ult was perfect? Fit for a tank, fit for high damage without too going too high in that output. I miss old Guan, I'll never forgive Hi-Rez for taking him away from me. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH GUAN!

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 15, 2014 12:45am | Report
Aphnex wrote:

Like am I the only one that thought old Guan Yu ult was perfect? Fit for a tank, fit for high damage without too going too high in that output. I miss old Guan, I'll never forgive Hi-Rez for taking him away from me. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH GUAN!

it wasn't because there was anything wrong with him. they did it because of tencent. they wanted the saint of war to be a more damaging while tanky form and since he never had anything to do with magic they made him pysical to fit the lore a bit more.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 15, 2014 2:55am | Report
I vote for what Sub suggested.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 15, 2014 4:11am | Report
arka222 wrote:

Buffing taolu assault is not necessary, its powerful enough. If i wish to remove inconsistency in his kit, I would fiddle with cavalry charge. I really liked the old guan yu ulti where he somersaulted thrice but anyways cavalry charge is far more funny. Yes reduce the stun duration but make the horse deal knock up and damage to everygod in his path whether guan yu is riding or not.

Um...I am fiddling with Calvary Charge though.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }