Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

lets make patch notes: warriors

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » lets make patch notes: warriors 148 posts - page 14 of 15

Poll Question:

who do we balence after nemesis?
vamana
chaac
odin
herc
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 19, 2014 12:33pm | Report
I am of those who argue that teleport to towers is unnecessary. Especially for a god with mobility like Tyr. He is viable. And he is not like Ymir, as the frost giant doesn't have any way of disengaging. And even so, while Tyr relies on Blink, he isn't dependent on it. Ymir must have it, Tyr can do OK without it.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 19, 2014 12:46pm | Report
Yeah I was one of the people who played Tyr without blink. Remember, several other bruisers don't have a quick gap closer and deal w/o blink as well. Plus, teleport to towers is meh now. Tyr has decent waveclear and can get back fast enough. Additionally, FoG is sorta wasted on him, since he juggles people and doesn't need them stunned.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 19, 2014 12:47pm | Report
Oh and I can't tell if it was said in the

FOURTEEN FREAKING PAGES

but the new branch off of frostbound hammer is freaking ridiculous for Vamana. if you haven't seen it, look.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 19, 2014 12:51pm | Report
Wait, are you talking about Runeforged Hammer? It's basically Ankh of the Golem, and a lot of people have been using it. It's nothing new.

I guess most of us are in agreement that Tyr doesn't need blink (3), and he's really strong right now.

RT, would you mind if Tyr was nerfed in the way I suggested?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 19, 2014 12:57pm | Report
I just came to mention that RavenRadish's acronym is RR, not RT.

That is all, please continue with your discussions.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 19, 2014 1:05pm | Report
I would like to thank TT for his contributions.

I find the new Ankh of the Bear/whatever it used to be really strong though.

Anyway, I find Tyr's problem is definitely not his scalings, and definitely not his healing. It's his base damage. His juggle, when built with only one damage item (previously voidblade), would nearly instantly kill a squishy. He still builds Hide of the Urchin, maybe Witchstone (or whatever it's new form is), etc, only one or two damage items, and it will nearly instantly kill a Chang'e or Chronos or AMC or Scylla before his combo is over.

But I don't want to interrupt his combo integrity.

I suggest leaving the heal - it's decent, but it's surprisingly weak in combat or in definite laning. He doesn't have much ability to TRADE with his lane opponent, since smart ones dance around tyr and his fearless is actually very slow. This sustain is what he needs against Guan Yu, or Sun Wukong's harass, or Chang'e/Ra's heal. He NEEDS the sustain, he doesn't have trade, he has DUEL.

My suggestion isn't reduce the scalings, it's not the problem. No one builds him as an assassin. It's his base numbers. Reduce those.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 19, 2014 2:01pm | Report
for sake of balencing i agree with ravenradish though i do think his heal it a bit to strong.

for the sake of argument, how many tyrs have you seen in recent competetive teams or in tournements (i seriously don't know.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 19, 2014 2:34pm | Report
I haven't played much ranked recently, but I used to see him about...once every five games?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 19, 2014 2:40pm | Report
once every five games is actually...really averagely reasonable, considering both teams and (counting odin as full tank), only 5 bruisers - Chaac, Hercules, Guan Yu, Tyr, Vamana (Thor assasin-y jungler, Odin tanky and actually really not in the meta).

So once every 5 games, with only 5 bruisers to choose from (sure, there are other solo laners, but for sake of argument), is....balanced, statistics wise? I think?
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 19, 2014 2:57pm | Report
Well, I don't think seeing hem often is a good indicator of strength, not really. For example, I can say that Thor is too strong right now, but I see him more about one every ten games.

Oddly enough, for the solo lane role, I haven't a bruiser in four matches. It's always been a mage, mostly Ra and Ao Kuang*. When I do see a bruiser, it's almost always Chaac]. Following purely trends, you could say Chaac is the best bruiser, but he's at least neck and neck with Tyr and Guan Yu.

At any rate, I think "fashion" is too much of a factor to call trends a reliable source of info.

*I know, that's odd. But that's what I've been seeing. 3 Ras, 2 Ao's, and a mix of Hel, Chang'e, Hades, Aphro, etc. Sustain seems to be in fashion right now, and I think bruisers were severely weakened with the nerf of Hog allowing mages to outpush them to death.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }