Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Guardians

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Guardians 98 posts - page 7 of 10

Poll Question:

What Topic Shall we Pick?
Geb's Shield
Ares' Uselessness
Hades' Uselessness
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » February 4, 2014 4:54am | Report
Here's my TANK Hades kit:

Passive: Still the same but gives different reactions with the skills which will be explained.
Skill 1: Also the same but doesn't give the debuff. If debuff is on them, they will be petrified. They can't move but can use skills but no AA. Kind of like neith's root. Or can be a full stun.
Skill 2: Cone or maybe a line like Zhong's 1, adds debuff and small damage. If debuff is already on. Blinds them like Xa's ult.
Skill 3: Same.
Skill 4: Maybe a placeable "Door to the underworld". Will suck gods into it. Those that reach it will be get damaged and petrified even if they don't have the debuff. But if you have the debuff, your silenced while in the radius of the door. And you can still do more actions.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » February 4, 2014 4:59am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

The problem I see with any hades, at level 5, your 1 which apply blight kill all minions wave which unable to create splash damage or heal

If your building mage hades it will. I don't think a full lvled 1 would kill the minions. Not that I remember seeing that. Since the minions get stronger as the game goes on right?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 5:10am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

If your building mage hades it will. I don't think a full lvled 1 would kill the minions. Not that I remember seeing that. Since the minions get stronger as the game goes on right?

Yeah, they get damage reduction.

RazeMage wrote:

The problem I see with any hades, at level 5, your 1 which apply blight kill all minions wave which unable to create splash damage or heal

I don't think so, it only has 40% contributions and most Hades' don't level it up until later.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » February 4, 2014 5:23am | Report
Ares isn't that bad compared to hades. He just requires a lot of skill to play as his main skill to prevent escape is shackles, a good skill. His skills work well together and he also deal a lot of damage. I think that the problem lies in his ult, but Ares is a good pick when a team has a lot of CC gods such as Fenrir and Chang'e as Ares would make the opposing team waste their bead.

However, in Hades case, there are many ways to escape his ultimate. You can just use blink, leap, dash or even beads and run. If Hades built tank in this scenario, the amount of damage he would do is insignificant. And if you do some how get a god such as Ao Kuang, if you build damage, he can burst you down. Furthermore, all his abilities rely on his passive, which is blight. Blight works such as a stack where it lasts for 5 second. His only ability that can apply this buff is his 1, which is why many people use his 1 and 3 together to get damage and life steal. But because of this, now his 2 and 4 which also require blight will not have blight, decreasing the effectiveness.He's only benefit is his silence, as Hades is a good counter pick to Guan Yu as to be able to cancel out the Taoli assault and that is only during the laning phase.

Ares improvement: Either improve his ultimate to immediately pull the god towards him or change his ultimate completely. You might say this would be overpowered, but compared to the 3 main tanks, ares has no method of preventing the opponent from retreating besides his ultimate, which gets countered easily unless built with CDR, which makes him squishy.

Hades improvement: Remove blight as a necessity for his 1, 2 and 4, make it so that his 2 always fears but decrease the duration of his silence. Counter this by having his ultimate have a silence and have increase protections and damage. Counter this with reduced damage on the 1 and 3. Allow blight to actually be a debuff by slowing the enemy by 5%.
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » February 4, 2014 5:33am | Report
Hey coldhotshot, long time no see

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » February 4, 2014 5:35am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Hey coldhotshot, long time no see

Stop saying that :D
I see you every time on skype and you never call me :'(

Other guides:

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » February 4, 2014 5:42am | Report
My skype is always on because i never close it off in Ipad :P

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » February 4, 2014 5:45am | Report
Send me a message then saying hi or something >.<

Other guides:

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 9:07am | Report
coldhotshot wrote:

Ares isn't that bad compared to hades. He just requires a lot of skill to play as his main skill to prevent escape is shackles, a good skill. His skills work well together and he also deal a lot of damage. I think that the problem lies in his ult, but Ares is a good pick when a team has a lot of CC gods such as Fenrir and Chang'e as Ares would make the opposing team waste their bead.
Ares' problem is that he is a useless guardian who can't peel and has the most easily countered hard CC in the game. It doesn't matter if you hit with all of you Shackles when you can't prevent the enemy assassin from ganking your hunter.

coldhotshot wrote:
However, in Hades case, there are many ways to escape his ultimate. You can just use blink, leap, dash or even beads and run. If Hades built tank in this scenario, the amount of damage he would do is insignificant. And if you do some how get a god such as Ao Kuang, if you build damage, he can burst you down. Furthermore, all his abilities rely on his passive, which is blight. Blight works such as a stack where it lasts for 5 second. His only ability that can apply this buff is his 1, which is why many people use his 1 and 3 together to get damage and life steal. But because of this, now his 2 and 4 which also require blight will not have blight, decreasing the effectiveness.He's only benefit is his silence, as Hades is a good counter pick to Guan Yu as to be able to cancel out the Taoli assault and that is only during the laning phase.
Uh, I already kind of summed up his problems. Restating them is rather pointless.

coldhotshot wrote:
Ares improvement: Either improve his ultimate to immediately pull the god towards him or change his ultimate completely. You might say this would be overpowered, but compared to the 3 main tanks, ares has no method of preventing the opponent from retreating besides his ultimate, which gets countered easily unless built with CDR, which makes him squishy.
There was already a discussion about this, which has been resolved with a lot of suggested solutions.

coldhotshot wrote:
Hades improvement: Remove blight as a necessity for his 1, 2 and 4, make it so that his 2 always fears but decrease the duration of his silence. Counter this by having his ultimate have a silence and have increase protections and damage. Counter this with reduced damage on the 1 and 3. Allow blight to actually be a debuff by slowing the enemy by 5%.

Many people have suggested the two, but the silence on his ultimate is overpowered as hell because it has no counterplay outside of beads, and unlike No Escape it deals insane damage and starts instantly.

The Blight idea is pretty neat though.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 9:36am | Report
Specifics: Ares

Ares has a bunch of problems, starting with weak waveclear, lack of hard CC, a mechanically broken ultimate, and basically being an extremely poor Guardian despite being more along the lines of a magical single-target bruiser.

Therefore, we have several categories of changes. To make him more self-sustaining, to give him some hard CC, simple quality-of-life changes, and reworks of his ultimate.

Self-Sustaining:
  • Searing Flesh knocks back minions and deals additional damage to them. (All4Games) I suggest simply doubling damage against minions. Ares jungle FTW.

Quality of Life:
  • Make his Shackles cooldown scale - 15/14/13/12/11 (Jordenito)

• Ares' basics deal additional damage in correspondence to his passive. THE GOD OF WAR DOES NOT HIT LIKE A POODLE. (PNang)

Addition of Hard CC (non-ultimate)
  • Make shackled enemies that stand within the raidus of Bolster Defenses when he activates it to be feared for 1 second or so. And maybe change the name to 'Battle Cry'. (Jordenito)

• At three Shackles, the enemy is feared for X/X + Y/X+ 2Y, etc. (All4Games)

Reworked Ultimates:
  • My Solution:

• All4Games' Solution

• Swampmist1142's Solution

Full Reworks:

TT's Solution

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }