Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Guardians

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Guardians 98 posts - page 6 of 10

Poll Question:

What Topic Shall we Pick?
Geb's Shield
Ares' Uselessness
Hades' Uselessness
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 4, 2014 12:03am | Report
PNang wrote:

Idea for Ares:

What if we reconfigured the passive so that instead of giving him bonus magic power, every aura item he completes adds a certain amount of damage and maybe a slight amount of magic power as well so that his abilities aren't useless to his basic attacks?

It would be a shame to waste that badass sword...plus this way when you chain someone you can actually hurt them if the fire is on cooldown.

Like this idea the logic behind is fair
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 4, 2014 12:14am | Report
Ok, this idea may be way too outrageous, but it might just work.

Devour Souls
-Blighted enemies are now pulled towards Hades.
Pillar of Agony (Reworked)
-LikehellIknowhowtoreworkthis.

Just some ideas for his ultimate.

-Hades channels for 4 seconds, dealing X damage every second in an AoE around him. Every time damage is dealt, all enemies damaged are knocked up for 0.75 seconds. He gains 50% damage mitigation during the channel.

-Hades whatthe****I'moutIgotnothingsorry.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » February 4, 2014 1:12am | Report
I have some suggestions for Hades:

Blight:
I thought it would be simple, but considering we could just make all blight buffs mandatory, he needs a new passive in general. Possibly just keep it to where it is only applied from the 1?

Death From Below
If we keep the blight idea, there isn't much wrong with his 1. We could just make the blight slow mandatory and apply blight.

Shroud of Darkness
Make fear mandatory with some scaling to it. Fear and silence .75/1/1.25/1.5/1.75 second scaling and add a protection debuff to enemies. 5/10/15/20/25 protection debuff for the same duration. If blight remains, make it to where the blight causes the protection debuff and keep the fear mandatory.

Devour Souls
Leave the healing as it is, decrease damage scaling to it, and either stun for a max of 1/1.5 seconds. Make healing mandatory if still using blight and make it to where blight detonation causes stun.

Pillar of Agony
The main problem, I'm guessing (or one of them at least). Lets see here...keep the pull as it is, maybe cause the devour souls to have a cripple instead of a stun? If blight remains, add protections to Hades so he could withstand the damage from enemies, or make it mandatory if no blight.

I mean, Hades is much better off as a mage anyway. (BTW, CHINA YOU LUCKY BASTARDS HAVE HIS NIGHTMARE SKIN AS DEFAULT. HI REZ, CHOP CHOP, MAKE IT OURS TOO.) His scaling is fit for a mage, Blight goes great with Polynomicon (poly Hades initiate: 2-auto-1-3-4), and his heal makes for great sustain. If he were a mage the only thing I would change is his ultimate radius and the healing scale, otherwise, he'd be perfect for a mage role, and a single targeting one like Anubis at that.

As for my tank suggestions, there isn't much to say. Changing slightly the way he initiates and giving him less damage seems the way to go, as well as giving him some hard CC like a mandatory fear and a cripple or stun could benefit him in teamfights. The way he would initiate without the blight could be 1-2-3-4, or with blight, standard 1-3-2-4 could be ideal to get enemies in the ultimate with the protection debuff.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 3:08am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Ok, this idea may be way too outrageous, but it might just work.

Devour Souls
-Blighted enemies are now pulled towards Hades.
Pillar of Agony (Reworked)
-LikehellIknowhowtoreworkthis.

Just some ideas for his ultimate.

-Hades channels for 4 seconds, dealing X damage every second in an AoE around him. Every time damage is dealt, all enemies damaged are knocked up for 0.75 seconds. He gains 50% damage mitigation during the channel.

-Hades whatthe****I'moutIgotnothingsorry.

Yeah, Hades is such a ***** to rework.

I have an idea: Why not just ignore his ultimate? And work on the rest of his kit? I mean, there are plenty of gods with underwhelming or odd ultimates but decently balanced kits, like Bastet, Eset, or Vamana.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 3:11am | Report
Aphnex wrote:

I have some suggestions for Hades:

Blight:
I thought it would be simple, but considering we could just make all blight buffs mandatory, he needs a new passive in general. Possibly just keep it to where it is only applied from the 1?

Death From Below
If we keep the blight idea, there isn't much wrong with his 1. We could just make the blight slow mandatory and apply blight.

Shroud of Darkness
Make fear mandatory with some scaling to it. Fear and silence .75/1/1.25/1.5/1.75 second scaling and add a protection debuff to enemies. 5/10/15/20/25 protection debuff for the same duration. If blight remains, make it to where the blight causes the protection debuff and keep the fear mandatory.

Devour Souls
Leave the healing as it is, decrease damage scaling to it, and either stun for a max of 1/1.5 seconds. Make healing mandatory if still using blight and make it to where blight detonation causes stun.

Pillar of Agony
The main problem, I'm guessing (or one of them at least). Lets see here...keep the pull as it is, maybe cause the devour souls to have a cripple instead of a stun? If blight remains, add protections to Hades so he could withstand the damage from enemies, or make it mandatory if no blight.

I mean, Hades is much better off as a mage anyway. (BTW, CHINA YOU LUCKY BASTARDS HAVE HIS NIGHTMARE SKIN AS DEFAULT. HI REZ, CHOP CHOP, MAKE IT OURS TOO.) His scaling is fit for a mage, Blight goes great with Polynomicon (poly Hades initiate: 2-auto-1-3-4), and his heal makes for great sustain. If he were a mage the only thing I would change is his ultimate radius and the healing scale, otherwise, he'd be perfect for a mage role, and a single targeting one like Anubis at that.

As for my tank suggestions, there isn't much to say. Changing slightly the way he initiates and giving him less damage seems the way to go, as well as giving him some hard CC like a mandatory fear and a cripple or stun could benefit him in teamfights. The way he would initiate without the blight could be 1-2-3-4, or with blight, standard 1-3-2-4 could be ideal to get enemies in the ultimate with the protection debuff.

So...now his new passive does effectively nothing?

I like the change to Shroud, and the lowering of damage. I haven't played Mage Hades a lot, so I don't know much about that. (Oh, and Pillar of Agony already gives him some protections.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 3:49am | Report
Firstly, I think we all can agree that Shroud of Darkness needs a permanent fear on it. I don't really see what is wrong with a 2 second fear, considering Ymir has a 2.25 second stun and Athena has a 2 second taunt. As for the Blighted effect, I personally would like to remove the debuff. Keep in mind that my changes are oriented to making him more guardian-like.

Now, Devour Souls. This is a bit complicated.

We all know about the minion wave. Its just 20 feet across, a perfect size for Devour Souls. Each explosion also has a 20-foot radius, creating a deadly zone centered around each group of three minions, and a killer zone around Hades himself.

Firstly, let's look at the damage numbers. The initial damage is 215 (+60%).

Each group of three minions in the wave is going to take this damage, plus 48 (+50% of MP). This extra damage is multiplied by two, because detonated enemies do not take their own detonation damage. In other words, in a roughly 18 foot radius, the three minions take a total of 311 damage (+160% of your magical power). Same for the back minions.

However, in the very center, around Hades, enemies will take the full detonation damage of all six minions, taking 503 damage (+360% of your magical power).

As for healing, Hades and his allies will heal for 420 + 90% of your magical power in the center OR 210 + 45% next to each "cluster" of minions, which is surprisingly sensible.

All from one ability. So yeah, I take back all my comments about Cupid having ridiculous contributions.

IF I were making him a mage, I'd still tone down those numbers, which are honestly a bit ridiculous.

But since I'm leaning toward support, I think some utility is in order. I think the first step should be changing the way the ability works. No more detonation shenanigans, Hades just heals and deals additional damage for each enemy hit, up to three, which is a much easier number to balance than six.

Now, let's take a look at the numbers.

75/110/145/180/215 + 40% for the initial hit - 10% contribution reduction

Maybe...10/20/30/40/50 + 10% damage, and healing 20/35/50/65/80 + 15%,for each enemy hit, for a total of 365 damage (+70% contributions) and 240 + 45% healing.

This is in a 20-foot radius, mind you, so I put the damage intentionally below Glacial Strike.

Now, for the utility part. If you haven't noticed, if Shroud of Darkness is a permanent fear, then there is no need for the silence. I say make enemies silenced for 0.5/0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9 seconds, increasing by 0.2 for each enemy hit.

How's that?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » February 4, 2014 3:51am | Report
Change hades as a mage. Just like how they did with vulcan.

I feel like when they made hades. It was at a time that there was very little tanks. and they debated: Ether tank or mage. Tank because it was needed before.

But now. He needs a COMPLETE rehaul. Just like vulcan. There are plenty of other gods that has properties and lore to make them an acceptable tank.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 4, 2014 3:59am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Change hades as a mage. Just like how they did with vulcan.

I feel like when they made hades. It was at a time that there was very little tanks. and they debated: Ether tank or mage. Tank because it was needed before.

But now. He needs a COMPLETE rehaul. Just like vulcan. There are plenty of other gods that has properties and lore to make them an acceptable tank.

I think the opposite. Pure tank/guardian is what he should be, not pure mage.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 4:00am | Report
Okay. Like I said earlier, I'm not experienced with mage Hades.

Mage Hades PLAYERS, PLEASE give your SUGGESTIONS to US! How should Hades be Reworked?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » February 4, 2014 4:42am | Report
The problem I see with any hades, at level 5, your 1 which apply blight kill all minions wave which unable to create splash damage or heal

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }