Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Guardians

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Guardians 98 posts - page 5 of 10

Poll Question:

What Topic Shall we Pick?
Geb's Shield
Ares' Uselessness
Hades' Uselessness
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 2, 2014 9:12am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

I agree with the new passive sub. Though the healing reduction... I don't know.. 5 seconds for 50% might be too long. But then again, Chang'e has a 4 seconds 50% debuff on her Moonflower Dance dance and it isn't a skill shot basic attack but an area ability. I like this new idea. Fits his 'lore'. And the damage on the basic attacks might seem overpowered, but if he has 3000 health at level 20 he deals 200 damage on basic attacks. That doesn't seem too bad. That could actually make Gauntlet of Thebes a valuable choice (not).

I wasn't sure how to make his ranged tank-ness be actually ranged since his entire kit relies on being close to the enemy, so I just buffed his basics. Also provides an incentive to play tanky.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » February 2, 2014 9:17am | Report
The entire paragraph I wrote or just the end about Hades? See images in signature. ~.^

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 2, 2014 9:54am | Report
Just the end bit. And, uh, I don't see anything related to Blight in your signature, unless I'm interpreting your comment incorrectly.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 2, 2014 10:34am | Report
Views on hades: (have not read complete thread)

- His passive is fine
- His basic attack has a problem, for an early game its too low on damage and stays the same
way late game. Increase attack speeds on his basic attacks per level.
- His 1st skill has a problem that it is predictable in laning as well as in Arena
scenerios. It takes too much time from clicking on the skill to its actual effect in the
game.
- 2 is fine, needs significant progression on silence with level ups.
- His 3 is v.good and potent.
- Oh his ulti was once at par with ares's when there were only a handful of gods around. It
must give a cripple for last 2 seconds after the first 2 seconds are over, irrespective of
an earlier debuff. Earlier debuff should increase the damage per tick on ulti.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » February 2, 2014 10:13pm | Report
I think for hades a simple change to his ulti will make him heaps stronger and that would be to simply make pillar of agony a short to medium range aoe where he summons a hellish looking pillar at a target location that has the same effects as his current ult.

Edit: like Isis or Zues!

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 3, 2014 7:04am | Report
HollowsEdge wrote:

I think for hades a simple change to his ulti will make him heaps stronger and that would be to simply make pillar of agony a short to medium range aoe where he summons a hellish looking pillar at a target location that has the same effects as his current ult.

Edit: like Isis or Zues!

The main balancing trait of his ultimate is that it makes him vulnerable. Imagine if Death Gaze no longer requires Anubis to be rooted. It would be quite broken.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 3, 2014 7:05am | Report
arka222 wrote:

Views on hades: (have not read complete thread)

- His passive is fine
- His basic attack has a problem, for an early game its too low on damage and stays the same
way late game. Increase attack speeds on his basic attacks per level.
- His 1st skill has a problem that it is predictable in laning as well as in Arena
scenerios. It takes too much time from clicking on the skill to its actual effect in the
game.
- 2 is fine, needs significant progression on silence with level ups.
- His 3 is v.good and potent.
- Oh his ulti was once at par with ares's when there were only a handful of gods around. It
must give a cripple for last 2 seconds after the first 2 seconds are over, irrespective of
an earlier debuff. Earlier debuff should increase the damage per tick on ulti.

Of course his basics are weak, he's a magical guardian, not a physical ADC. Also, read my earlier post on why his ultimate shouldn't cripple.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » February 3, 2014 3:23pm | Report
Thats true but I dont think it would be anyway near as broken as a mobile death gaze! But if that is the case what about if pillar of agony had a built death from below to it for some range that way hades would still be putting himself at risk to ult

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 3, 2014 4:13pm | Report
I think the problem with Hades' ult is the same problem with Zeus, give them a tiny thing, and it becomes OP, make it slightly weaker, it becomes useless.

I think firstly, the damage on that thing needs to be lowered. It currently deals 360/480/600/720/840 damage (+240% of your magical power). If I lower the magical scaling, it would reduce a lot of his viability as a mage, but if I lower the base damage, it lowers his viability as a tank. I'll just go with a general damage drop and make it deal 280/360/440/520/600 damage (+200% of your magical power). It's quite a sharp drop, but it is much easier to balance the CC when it doesn't also deal a **** ton of damage.

Right, let's see... Pillar of Agony. It pulls, and nothing else. Escape skills are enough to get out of it, and since the damage is over time, you can usually avoid some damage even if you have to wait for your skill to come off cooldown.

Honestly, I want to avoid more "beads or DIE!" kind of ultimates, like No Escape or Ragnarok. I vote for giving it more utility.

How about this: After four seconds, Hades releases his sustained agony, dealing additional damage and healing allies for half his damage taken + 20% of his maximum health.

Now, you might be wondering, this change doesn't make his ultimate less counterable. Well, you're right. It just provides some minor utility, and that's all I can think of because his ultimate is stuck in an awkward design trap. Problem is, his ultimate is a large part of what playing Hades is like, so I have no idea what to do.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PNang » February 3, 2014 11:58pm | Report
Idea for Ares:

What if we reconfigured the passive so that instead of giving him bonus magic power, every aura item he completes adds a certain amount of damage and maybe a slight amount of magic power as well so that his abilities aren't useless to his basic attacks?

It would be a shame to waste that badass sword...plus this way when you chain someone you can actually hurt them if the fire is on cooldown.

PNang

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }