Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How the heck do I build Serqet?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How the heck do I build Serqet? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by duskfang1998 » July 22, 2017 12:56pm | Report
I bought the Demonsoul skin for Serqet since it was on sale and looked amazing, so I started playing her. I don't know if i'm building her wrong or playing her wrong, but I feel like I can't do enough damage to kill someone a lot of times, even if i do hit them with her ult. Any tips, please?
"Not even a last MEAL?!" - Bakasura

duskfang1998

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 22, 2017 1:54pm | Report
Hi duskfang,

Well, I can give some basic direction, based on her kit. It might help to give feedback if you provide an example of a build you use.

Firstly though, I'll point you to:
You can probably pull some good information out of both.

So partly, build will depend a bit on which mode you play (e.g. extra movespeed isn't a priority in non-Conquest modes due to less need to rotate), but there are some core tenants you should keep in mind.
  • She is an ability-based god. This means on the damage side, you'll want power, pen, and CDR. Core non-crit items would be Warrior Tabi and Jotunn's Wrath.

• Her Deathbane can hit a target 3 times at closest range, and it can proc crits (when built), so crit items (usually Malice and Deathbringer) are commonly used. Why Malice instead of Rage or Wind Demon? Because, as a get in/get out god, her damage with its passive DoT provides nice damage enhancement.

• She's got high mobility, with 2 abilities that can create distance (or help her catch up to a fleeing enemy). So if you time things properly, you can build very high damage (squishy) for max kill potential.

• But she doesn't mind having a more defensive item or two depending on the situation and amount of CC on the enemy team. You can consider something like Shifter's Shield or Masamune situationally.
For Conquest in particular, she definitely can use added movespeed from aggressive items like Heartseeker.

Anyway, hope that helps get you started! If you have other specific questions, let us know!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » July 22, 2017 5:28pm | Report
Good information regarding builds by Branmuffin17.
Following up on Bran's tips, you'd be looking at a build that would look like this (this is an example):
Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Shifter's Shield, Titan's Bane, Deathbringer, Malice.

You could add a second defense item if you feel it's needed, such as Masamune or even Hide of the Urchin if you are relatively confident you can get it stacked.

Playing Serqet is all about her combo. Serqet is hard if you can't successfully pull it off, but once you get the hang of it, she's a pretty safe pick.

The combo would go as follows:
Cobra's Kiss (2) -> Deathbane (1) -> If available Last Breath (4) -> Basic attack To activate the poison applied by your 1,2 and 4. -> Ambush (3) To get out of harm's way again, or, if the target isn't dead yet for some reason and it can be done safely, to finish off the target.

This combo should be able to 100-0, or close to that, any squishy god.
Once you get this combo down and get a good build together, she'll be much easier to use.

Note: The build we're giving is just an example. Once you get more experienced you should look into counter-building and have the ability to adjust builds on the fly to counter your enemy as much as possible. (e.g. Brawler's Beat Stick to counter healers like Hel or Aphrodite.)

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }