Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Here I go with Bellona again...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Here I go with Bellona again... 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 6, 2019 10:02am | Report
"The SCS at the end gives the situational penetration" flat pen in a build with no pen that is also looking to be somewhat damage focused is situational?

Also you need to get out of this bad habit where you're exclusively getting urchin/mantle/thebes because you don't like choosing which physical or magical prot focused items you want in your build.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 6, 2019 10:45am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

"The SCS at the end gives the situational penetration" flat pen in a build with no pen that is also looking to be somewhat damage focused is situational?

Also you need to get out of this bad habit where you're exclusively getting urchin/mantle/thebes because you don't like choosing which physical or magical prot focused items you want in your build.

The reason I viewed it as situational is because you aren't given a flat pen number that gets added to your stats just for having the item equipped. You aren't getting pen unless you are basic attacking.

It's not that I don't like to get physical or magical prot focused items, because I do and have run with many builds on different characters with them, but it is just simpler sometimes when I want to just go play and despite not being as specialized or offering more options it is working for what I want to do right now. I realize in other modes of team play it is more required to react situationally but I feel this is a decent generic tanky type of build. It also just seems to me that combo just works pretty well on her.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 6, 2019 6:05pm | Report
I was tinkering a bit and switched things up and I liked the feel of this set up better. it still has thebes and urchin but

Warrior Tabi Stone Cutting Sword Gauntlet of Thebes Hide of the Urchin Jotunn's Wrath Hydra's Lament and if time sell boots either for witchblade to complete cooldowns and the other benefits or if I want the extra protections without sacrificing power implement Masamune into this build as well and just run with 30% cooldown. Since magic resist is about 30 less I could also choose to replace hydra's lament with ancile and put it earlier in the build at maybe the 4 spot so increase those protections and to maintain 30% cooldown. The silence would be nice too.

awaiting evisceration :P

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » May 6, 2019 7:44pm | Report
Get ancile 2nd or 3rd for the passive.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 6, 2019 8:26pm | Report
I typically would suggest either Urchin or Thebes as preferred, but not both. It's okay getting both, but you basically get tankier without getting any team utility or counter function.

I think SCS that early is more dangerous. I would probably suggest Void Shield over it in that #2 spot, and have the option to pick up SCS later if you really want.

Hydra's, to me, isn't really worth it unless you're building enough power/pen, meaning mostly damage. You're borderline too little damage, but it could work...but Hydra's is also not what I'd usually pick up for Bell. I dunno...I say keep playing around with things.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 6, 2019 8:33pm | Report
Hydras is whack on Bellona. If you want fun with hydras in arena play Achilles.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 7, 2019 2:09am | Report
Thanks for the input on hydras, I haven't really used it so wasn't sure. Achilles huh, Kriega, will have to fit that in if I ever try him out then. Bran, it would fall into the selfish tank category as boogie had denoted for certain items on his Jorg build with the thebes/urchin combo?

I was thinking about void shield too, but was also trying out having the option of potentially two movement speed items on her so that I could try different things at the end of matches depending on the situation. It basically came down to void/SCS being an either or. Possibly a bit more utility late build sacrificed by a bit of health early. The protection offered from SCS is a bit less, but the pen is a bit more. I figured why not try it. If I didn't switch to void and kept as is based on what you and kriega just said about hydras i'd just try Masamune as default in the 6 instead of situationally and sell boots and add something else anyways.

So from the input if I decide to keep SCS there I can either go Witchblade or Masamune at 6 to sell boots for something else. If I went the ancile route I mentioned to keep cooldowns instead of doing witchblade at the end void would make more sense there but I could still test out keeping SCS where it is and just swap for Masamune when I had the difference in price from the boots.

Another thing I was wondering is what are thoughts about relic dagger and toxic blade on Bellona? I have tinkered with them on other characters a bit but I didn't really think either would be a good item on her. I was thinking with the health and total cooldown reduction relic dagger would be a better fit out of those two for Bellona and the relic early refresh could be helpful but it doesn't add any power or defense.

I have also been looking at sprinkling a health related item into my build if I can make it work but most of the really good ones don't offer protections. shield of regrowth(redundant because Bellona has the speed boost passive) and mail of renand ewal(which I already have discussed with Bran I don't use much on any characters aside from maybe Sobek at times) both have cooldown and give a good chunk of health.

I also like Stone of Gaia but don't know that it is a good fit on her either. Regen and the hp5 and mp5 make me think that if I did try it out on her it would be good to get it early, maybe after boots and then build protections after. I was thinking maybe reinforced boots to start if I did that and swap out after in the transition from mid to late game.

The final health related item I was looking at is Talisman of Energy because it does also offer the magic protection and nice health boost, but any time I have tried it the passive just seems sort of lackluster.

Edit: I did not originally lump protection items that give health in this category because a lot of them don't give the amount of health the pure health items give. Also, I don't have a lot of experience using those items. I had completely forgotten about Bulwark of Hope as an example. I have kind of reworked my loadout page from the god menu for Bellona. I have a line for boots and pure health, a line for magical defense, physical defense, a line for items that give both and a line for possible offensive options. There are so many items that there is no way to fit everything but I figured at some point I need to start getting practice building by match and that's a start.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 7, 2019 3:50am | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

Get ancile 2nd or 3rd for the passive.

don't know how I missed this the first time through. thanks for the suggestion. will try it out.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 7, 2019 4:13am | Report
well, ****..i really have to stop coming on smitefire while in my smite main menu...I have issues with it sometimes when I don't even do that...somehow it went to edit of this post when I had clicked edit on my last post and I decided to scrap it because I thought I was in the last one and deleted my original post...ugh

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 7, 2019 1:07pm | Report
The more I think about it, I have a smurf account for my wife basically with her xbox account and I also made her an account on hirez after I declined merging accounts because she did not have one. I guess I needed to make her hi rez account first and then link because I have found no way to link them now after making her hi rez account after the fact. After my bit of rambling there the point is that I have two smurf accounts to utilize and at the point I am in the game on my own account I am better off running my vanilla tank build I actually like on her and is working for me and tinkering with and getting base builds with situational slots down or my tinkering on those accounts. If I had thought of it I should have done that a lot sooner, my kda on my account would have thanked me. lol.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }