Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Promo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Promo 70 posts - page 5 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 14, 2014 10:48pm | Report
Yeah. Suppose we have a list of 10 urgent gods, so we'll start from A-Z in that list.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by anshsmite » July 14, 2014 11:00pm | Report
Their are few gods having some seriously outdated skills. Few of the gods need graphical update relaunch.
1. Sobek needs a graphical update with a modified passive.
2. Arachne with a reworked 3rd ability.
3. Loki model is outdated, fix the decoy to something useful.

-I wish to see more engrossing map graphics with detailed environment.

-Bring back ranked arena.

anshsmite

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 15, 2014 4:41pm | Report
OH, I almost forgot. I feel like Ymir is an urgent god.

His passive and ultimate don't really fit that of a guardian, and his kit with that much power is a bit too much (if the ymir builds full mp). Plus his in-built stats for his tankyness are crazy.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 15, 2014 5:17pm | Report
Yeah, I never really understood Ymir's passive. He's a tank, what is the point of a passive like that?

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 15, 2014 11:31pm | Report
It's a typical Hi-Rez logic.l They give tanks pure damage abilities. His ultimate is a tad bit more reasonable, as it can be used for zoning and slow, but his passive just doesn't fit.

He is not the only one. Athena has two features in her kit that are pure damage - Reach and Shield Wall. And Shield Wall is a freaking ridiculous ability. Okay, so she's a Guardian, and she has an ability with over 500 base damage and 100% scaling, which isn't even her ultimate. A Guardian.

Just for comparison, no other Mage in the entire game has an ability which isn't their ultimate with 100% scalings, apart from Anubis' Plague of Locusts and Isis' Spirit Ball at max range. Janus is could also be there, but he has to use 3 of his abilities to make his Unstable Vortex scale that much.

Ares has his Searing Flesh, which not only is a pure damage skill, but it's a bad one at that, as opposed to Athena's.

Greenevers wrote:
Plus his in-built stats for his tankyness are crazy.

Ymir has the best defensive innate base stats in the game because he has the worst mobility and self defense out of all the guardians. I don't know if you've played much against Ymir in duo lane, but he is so punishable.

His lack of mobility means that he has no disengage and terrible initiation. And because of his kit, he has to put himself close up in person with the enemy, meaning that he is very vulnerable. If he has missed his stun, he is a sitting duck. A good Sobek absolutely destroys a Ymir in the lanining phase. If he can time right his pull so it's exactly when Ymir casts his stun, it's a free kill. And if Ymir falls behind, he feeds a lot.

And it's not just tanks who get Mage-like abilities. Isis has ******ed amount of CC for a Mage with lots of burst and utility.

Mercury, I don't know if you have noticed it, but has a Charge Prey on steroids. Seriously, it's identical to Sobek's hook, but it is faster, can go through minions, and you can actually decide where you want to throw the enemy. And he's an ASSASSIN. Same goes for release Ullr.

Apollo has freaking two knock ups, a low and a 2.3s mesmerize. On a 13s cooldown at max rank. And he has insane mobility and a great steroid and good wave clear and basically everything. And people wonder why other people say he's broken.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 15, 2014 11:32pm | Report
Oh, guys, I won't be here for a whole week. I'm going on a vacation with my family. So would you like to start the real discussion or delay it?

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 15, 2014 11:36pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

Oh, guys, I won't be here for a whole week. I'm going on a vacation with my family. So would you like to start the real discussion or delay it?

I won't be here for 3 :P

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 16, 2014 1:48am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

His lack of mobility means that he has no disengage.

Wut. Ice Wall, Glacial Strike, Frost Breath...do you mean engage? Because in terms of disengaging power, Ymir has the best "GTFA from my team" skills in the game.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 16, 2014 2:03am | Report
Give ara cripple on her web again and see if it's still OP. If it's just good and not stupid let her keep it :p
It was so much fun!
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 16, 2014 3:46am | Report
Fml I typed up like 2 paragraphs on my phone about Ymir and I forgot I had no power/WiFi

._. I'll summarize it:

Sub was right his disengage is good although his lack of mobility

His ult numbers are crazy, while a good Ymir can block off escapes with wall and stun for full charge up times.

One of the strongest ults number wise on a guardian is pathetic even more so it was coded straight from league (like a lot of things)

Uh yeah, I think there was one more thing but I hate typing out long stuff on my phone

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }