Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Promo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Promo 70 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » July 13, 2014 5:29am | Report
I am in.

But I think that it would be more effective if we focused on one god at a time.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 13, 2014 5:39am | Report
That's the plan. We'll focus on one at a time but on the same thread, and we'll do them from A-Z. That's why I wanted you guys to make your list so I could understand what you want to balance.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » July 13, 2014 10:19am | Report
Ok, here is my list:

Gods I think should be completely reworked (appearance and kit wise):
Ares, Hades, Arachne, Nemesis and Cupid

Gods I think should be changed in some meager way(s), but not fully reworked:
Artemis, Ymir, Ullr, Freya, Zeus, Anubis, Chronos, Vulcan, Vamana, Loki, Chang'e and Cupid

Gods that I think are in desperate need of a buff:
Guan Yu, Nu Wa, Poseidon and Xbalanque Xballs

Gods that I think really need to be nerfed:
Hercules, Bakasura, He Bo, Thanatos, Scylla, Rama and Mercury

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » July 13, 2014 10:50am | Report

Gods that I think really need to nerfed
Hercules

Getting nerfed.

Bakasura, He Bo, Thanatos, Scylla, Rama and Mercury

I agree with you on Scylla definitely, but Thana is easily shut down mid or even early game with good players.
Bakasura, eh minor nerf maybe.
He Bo isn't bad, minor nerf at the most.
Rama, still not sure, he's still pretty new.
Mercury, not really. He's pretty fine as is.
At least in my opinion
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 13, 2014 11:00am | Report
I'll help but whoa I do not have the attention span to read the essays ya'll are putting out. If you ever need like, a potshot idea on a god I can put my two cents in.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 13, 2014 11:03am | Report

Ok, here is my list:

Gods I think should be changed in some meager way(s), but not fully reworked:
Artemis, Ymir, Ullr, Freya, Zeus, Anubis, Chronos, Vulcan, Vamana, Loki and Chang'e

Gods that I think are in desperate need of a buff:
Guan Yu, Nu Wa, Poseidon and Xbalanque Xballs

Gods that I think really need to be nerfed:
Hercules, Bakasura, He Bo, Thanatos, Scylla, Rama and Mercury

I think Cupid needs more of a buff / slight changes, not a whole rework.

Poseidon doesn't need a buff. He is still one of the strongest Mages we have. He is really good. Don't let the power creep get to you.

BTW, the discussion will be according to the Serqet patch. He Bo is having his passive nerfed to 5% per stack, and Janus is having his Unstable Vortex toned down to an actual sensible amount of damage.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 13, 2014 11:24am | Report

I almost fully-agree with this. Ares just needs...something. I'm okay with his look so I don't think he needs a full re-haul, but by god his kit needs a change. Make him more like back in the day Ares, when no one knew what beads were.

I disagree with Hades. His Nightmare skin looks pretty legit, so I'm not mad about his appearance. His kit could use a couple of skill works, but it's fine. Much like Ares, his main problem is his ultimate. Honestly, if they were to just change him into a Warrior or a Mage I would be happy, because, unlike Ares, his ultimate isn't completely useless.

Arachne is just a mess. If played properly, she can be pretty hard to deal with, but otherwise she is irrelevant. Her appearance isn't too bad. Maybe give her a little touch up here and there, but at least don't take away her Arachnid look.

Let's face it, Nemesis was just a **** up. They tried to make her a warrior with an assassin kit and warrior scaling. They just completely ****ed up her shield, her AoE slice is terribly large and could be so much better. And her ultimate should've been Garen's ultimate >:c. I mean they gave it the look, why not the same effect, kappa?

I have no words for Cupid, honestly.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 13, 2014 11:30am | Report
Nemsis, IMO, should just be removed from the game. I don't feel like she has a niche, she is annoying, but the most ridiculous thing about her is her ultimate. It is the single, only ultimate in the game which you cannot avoid. I don't mean things like Sprint or Beads, I mean actually avoiding the ultimate hit itself. Even World Weaver could be body blocked or Aegised. divine retribution cannot be.

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » July 13, 2014 11:45am | Report
My bad I meant to put Cupid on the "Gods I think should be changed in some meager way(s), but not fully reworked:" list. I don't want to fix it though since it would make you people look like you're blind :P

Poseidon was me being dumb.

I main Rama and I can say that he is definitely OP, mainly the range of his ultimate and the slow on Astral Strike.

I hate everything about Nemesis. Its like Hi-rez came up with 4 skills that are very powerful on there own and then decided to slap them on to a single god and say "Meh, we can balance it later". Not to mention her appearance. I mean come on! She looks like a cosplayer!

Every thing else I stand by.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » July 13, 2014 11:46am | Report
Urgent ones:

Arachne
Ares
Chronos
Guan Yu
Hades
Nu Wa
Zeus

Not so urgent:

Anubis
Ao Kuang
Artemis
Chaac
Cupid
Ne Zha
Nemesis

Will post opinions on them when the time comes within the thread.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }